What do you think of this beauty contestant's observation?

Old August 28th 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.child-support,soc.men,alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce
Avenger[_2_]

Default What do you think of this beauty contestant's observation?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 26, 1:29 pm, " wrote:
http://blogwonks.com/2007/08/26/regally-blonde/

I saw this broadcast live last Friday. Miss West Virginia had a
fairly good answer for her question, easily the best of all the
finalists, and ended up coming in last place. Miss South Carolina had
gone through the rest of the pageant with reasonable poise and grace,
so I don't know why this question hit her so hard. She should have
been able to spit out a sound bite about the importance of education
and sail right through it. But she was obviously flustered. My guess
would be her mind just went blank, sorta like when American Idol
contestants go all the way up to the final auditions and forget their
lyrics in front of the judges.

Being from South Carolina ourselves, we were sort of rooting for Miss
SC. So once she opened her mouth and started talking my wife was like
"Come on, South Carolina!" and then she said that thing about not
having maps and then my wife switched to "Stop Talking! Stop
Talking! Just shut your mouth now!" but she just kept going on and on
with this complete gibberish.

The thing about the pageant that offended me was the prizes. An
apartment in New York for a year, jewelry, bathing suits, free hair
styling, etc.

Why? It's just a dumb contest. Who cares if it's a shopping spree at
Walmart's lol

What happened to giving these girls scholarships

Girls who are smart enough earn their own scholarships don't enter beauty
contests. Earning it in a contest is like the morons who get football
scholarships lol

and
publicity tours for charities and trips to foreign countries.

Sure, just what the US needs. Another moron to further make the US look
stupid overseas. lol

You
know, educational and useful things.

I doubt if any education would be useful for this dingbat.

It seemed like the prize package
was tailor designed with your stereotypical airhead in mind.

It was tailor designed for the typical airhead US female who thinks she can
get by in life by doing nothing but looking nice and is too stupid to know
that looks fade in a few years.