new to group

Old December 25th 05, 05:02 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default new to group

greetings and Merry Christmas, I am a single father of a two year old
girl. Not looking for a mommy or a maid but looking to find fresh
ideas to help me get some perspective on what I can expect, redirect
and head off. Thanks.

Old December 26th 05, 02:34 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Welcome to the group. My girls are older , soon to be 24 and 18. They
were 2 once LOL! We also have my 2 year old grand daughter in the home.
You can expect lots of trials and tribulations, loads of hugs and
kissess and a multitude of fun!
Now is the time to watch your VCR and DVD players closely....My oldest
inserted a grilled cheese sandwich in our VCR at the fine age of 2! We
are trying to get the 2 year old grand daughter to begin to use the
potty, but she keeps trying to stand and pee like my 3 year old grand
son that is here daily as well grin he of course refuses to sit cause
"That's not how daddy does it !" Lots and lots of fun this age........
Bev

Old December 28th 05, 12:08 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Thanks for the welcome, so far there has been lots of hugs and kisses,
tantrums and so many nos that I have lost count. Funny thing is that
all it takes is a smile from megan and I just kind of forget the
problem. And since we have changed the visitation schedule it has been
potty training out the window for now, I am told that it is normal and
she will get back into it, we shall see.

Old December 28th 05, 12:11 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Good point about perpesctive, I would have to say that by being able to
talk to other single parents and work through all the little issues
that come up I can be a etter father and nuture megan with all she
deserves. Another point would be that I am always looking for new
ways( perspectives) to be a father and teacher.

Old December 28th 05, 01:23 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

single dad wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, so far there has been lots of hugs and kisses,
tantrums and so many nos that I have lost count. Funny thing is that
all it takes is a smile from megan and I just kind of forget the
problem.

Ahhh yes the smile LOL!

And since we have changed the visitation schedule it has been
potty training out the window for now, I am told that it is normal and
she will get back into it, we shall see.

Yes very normal indeed, we have found that if both households
coordinate the routine it happens much easier for the trainee. My
granddaughter recently had her schedule between homes changed to 50/50
and her confusion shows a lot lately. Kinda sad because she has begun
to not want to go and cries not to. We are doing our best to find ways
to make this all easier for her. They say a 2 yr. old is not old enough
to decide what they want to do, in some ways I know this to be true, so
last Sunday I say to her MiMi and Pop miss you and they want you to go
to their house and visit and her reply is "I don't want to today, I'll
go Tuesday!" LOL! She is a smart one..........