Chicken pox

Old April 26th 09, 12:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

Default Chicken pox

I took #3 to the doctor on Friday morning as he had a temperature. Suggested
it was probably his ears (as it usually is, more often than once a month,
although seems to have been better since grommets) but said it could also be
chest/throat as he was coughing. GP gave very thorough examination, but
couldn't find anything. Sent him home for a urine sample and asked me to
call back later that afternoon.

Later that afternoon his temperature was, if anything, worse, and I called
back and spoke briefly to GP. He said the urine sample was clear, and said
he'd call back at end of the day to see how he was doing.

After that I took #3's top off and noticed he had a red raised spot on his
leg, and on his body was faintly blotchy. You could see the spots in some
lights, but were flat and not raised. He had been in contact with chickenpox
10 days previously, so I assumed this was probably it.

Spoke to GP at end of surgery and suggested chickenpox. He said he'd drop in
and see #3 at home when he was leaving. (Home visit!!) He thought probably
was chickenpox, but couldn't give a firm diagnosis from what he could see.
The spot on his leg looked right.

Now, based on when #1,#2 had chickenpox I confidently expected to wake up on
Saturday and find that he was covered with obvious spots. But even now
(Sunday) he has one or two raised spots plus a large number of flat slightly
red marks, mostly on his body, but also covering the rest of him. His
temperature came down some point on Saturday between 3am and 5am and, I
think might be up a point or two today, but basically has been normal until
this morning. He's been tired/floppy (for him) but eating/drinking fine, and
seems to be a little uncomfortable where the spots are.

Does this match up with anyone's experience of chickenpox? I think it
probably is chickenpox, but I'm a bit confused as to why the spots don't
seem to be developing. Or maybe it's that I didn't notice this stage with
the others as it's really not obvious unless you're looking for them.

Debbie

Old April 26th 09, 01:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka

Welches wrote:

Does this match up with anyone's experience of chickenpox? I think it
probably is chickenpox, but I'm a bit confused as to why the spots don't
seem to be developing. Or maybe it's that I didn't notice this stage with
the others as it's really not obvious unless you're looking for them.

Was he vaccinated against chicken pox? If so, he
might just have a mild breakthrough case.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old April 26th 09, 01:24 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"Ericka" wrote in message
Welches wrote:

Does this match up with anyone's experience of chickenpox? I think it
probably is chickenpox, but I'm a bit confused as to why the spots don't
seem to be developing. Or maybe it's that I didn't notice this stage with
the others as it's really not obvious unless you're looking for them.

Was he vaccinated against chicken pox? If so, he
might just have a mild breakthrough case.

No vaccination is licenced in UK as far as I'm aware. He hasn't had it
anyway.
Debbie

CHICKEN POX - advice please grett General 20 May 19th 07 04:03 AM
Chicken Pox [email protected] Single Parents 6 May 13th 06 03:32 PM
Chicken Pox Mirethy & Arjan Twins & Triplets 18 July 29th 04 07:30 PM
Chicken Pox Nat Pregnancy 4 August 30th 03 01:58 AM
Chicken pox Leah Adezio General (moderated) 1 July 4th 03 12:20 AM