Flu Vaccines Found Useless for Seniors; Benefits Greatly Exaggerated, say Researchers

Old March 14th 08, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine
Ilena Rose

Default Flu Vaccines Found Useless for Seniors; Benefits Greatly Exaggerated, say Researchers

http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/snake-oil.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/index.html

(NaturalNews) The benefits of influenza vaccines on senior citizens
have been "greatly exaggerate[d]," according to a major review of the
evidence published in the medical journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.

Researchers examined prior studies on the effectiveness of the
vaccine, and concluded that it is impossible to tell whether flu
vaccines decrease winter deaths among senior citizens at all, let
alone by the vast degree often claimed.

A commonly cited statistic is that flu shots lead to a 50 percent
reduction in winter deaths among the elderly. But the study authors
point out that flu itself is only responsible for 5 percent of winter
deaths in that population, making such a claim absurd.

"We find it peculiar that the claims that influenza vaccination can
prevent half -- or more -- of all winter deaths in elderly people have
not been more vigorously debated," the researchers write. "That
influenza vaccination can prevent 10 times as many deaths as the
disease itself causes is not plausible."

The researchers also found significant flaws in the methodology of flu
vaccines studies. Their greatest criticism was that most such studies
have been carried out with few participants who are in poor health or
over the age of 70, even though this is precisely the population among
whom the disease is most fatal, accounting for 75 percent of influenza
fatalities.

The researchers also points out that while flu vaccination rates in
the United States have increased from 15 percent of the over-65
population to 65 percent since 1980, there has been no corresponding
decrease in deaths from the disease.

"This data support what the naturopathic community has been saying for
decades: That flu shot vaccines are medically useless," said consumer
health advocate Mike Adams. "Their promotion is based on junk science,
exaggerated benefits and fear mongering among the elderly. But much
like everything else in modern medicine, when you peel back the
propaganda and look at what's underneath, you find there's no good
science at all. Flu shots are a medical hoax."

The study authors stop short of recommending that people discontinue
use of the vaccine, stating that "even a partly effective vaccine
would be better than no vaccine at all."
Old March 14th 08, 05:59 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 1:17*pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover

The study authors stop short of recommending that people discontinue
use of the vaccine, stating that "even a partly effective vaccine
would be better than no vaccine at all."

Yes, well, we simply cannot stop worshipping the sacred cow, now can
we?

I still maintain that the hypodermic syringe has killed more people
than the machine gun ever has.

DrCee
You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.
Old March 14th 08, 07:46 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicineExaggerated, say Researchers
Herman Rubin

Default Flu Vaccines Found Useless for Seniors; Benefits Greatly

In article ,
wrote:
On Mar 14, 1:17=A0pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover

The study authors stop short of recommending that people discontinue
use of the vaccine, stating that "even a partly effective vaccine
would be better than no vaccine at all."

Yes, well, we simply cannot stop worshipping the sacred cow, now can
we?

I still maintain that the hypodermic syringe has killed more people
than the machine gun ever has.

The people who have to predict which flu strains will
be the ones acting now had to do this a year ago; they
have typically done well, but not this year.

It is still the case that the present vaccine protects
against one of the strains. What is not kown is how
well a vaccine will protect against different strains
than are used in its production, but similar situations
with other diseases indicate that there will be some.

Machine guns have not killed many. The death rate from
hypodermic syringes, especially where only used once,
is very low. Where used many times, other diseases
can spread.
Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558
Old March 14th 08, 07:55 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine
D. C. Sessions

In message , Herman Rubin wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

I still maintain that the hypodermic syringe has killed more people
than the machine gun ever has.

The people who have to predict which flu strains will
be the ones acting now had to do this a year ago; they
have typically done well, but not this year.

It is still the case that the present vaccine protects
against one of the strains. What is not kown is how
well a vaccine will protect against different strains
than are used in its production, but similar situations
with other diseases indicate that there will be some.

Machine guns have not killed many. The death rate from
hypodermic syringes, especially where only used once,
is very low. Where used many times, other diseases
can spread.

Do keep in mind that according to Chuckles, the flu is
harmless (and not contagious) and only doctors are dangerous.

Likewise, sharing needles (being a vector of the nonexistent
contagion) is no threat except that they're used to inject
lethal substances such as insulin.

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |

Old March 15th 08, 12:34 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"D. C. Sessions"
wrote:

Chuckles

Off-topic.

Janster...

the "off topic" comment might make sense to an intelligent poster

when you use it...we all go "lol'''ok...that means Janster doesn't
understand the topic"