"Wal-Mart right to say no"

Old February 13th 04, 11:06 PM
ted

Default "Wal-Mart right to say no"

snip

I try not the even change a baby in the bathroom - they're pretty
unpleasant.

Oh, I know! I once spread a bunch of newspapers on the floor of a bathroom
in a cafe when I was desparate for someplace to change Sprogly. There was
just nowhere else to go, but I hated it. Here in NYC there's often no
public bathroom at all, and when there is, there are rarely changing
facilities there.

I know! If I have to change DD, I just take her to the car, open the
trunk and change her in that. If I can't do that, I'll just change her
in the stroller. I learnt how to do that. Not that hard
Old February 13th 04, 11:18 PM
zeldabee

"Nina" wrote:
"zeldabee" wrote
Oh, I know! I once spread a bunch of newspapers on the floor of a

bathroom
in a cafe when I was desparate for someplace to change Sprogly.

There was
just nowhere else to go, but I hated it. Here in NYC there's often

no
public bathroom at all, and when there is, there are rarely changing
facilities there.

If I cant find a place to change the baby, I sit down and change the
baby on my lap,
better my pants get dirty than the baby. I always keep a changing pad
or receiving blanket for that purpose.

I can't work out how to do that. I've got a changing pad. IIRC, I made a
wide nest of newspaper, put a blanket and the changing pad down, and
changed him on that. Sub-optimal, but it worked.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1vy2t/sprogly/
Old February 13th 04, 11:35 PM
A&G&K

"Leanne" wrote in message

You should see the ads here in Oz, they're great... theres one of a man
eating lunch on a toilet... its looks so gross and sounds horrible... at

the
end it says 'you wouldn't eat your lunch here, why should a baby?' then
'breastfeeding in public is a mothers right'

theres a few other, but they dont get played as much.

They are great adds aren't they. Apparently the networks are supposed to
air a certain amount of public service adds every day, but you hardly ever
see the ABA ones
It does delight me, however, when they show children enjoying food on
Playshcool, and show a child being bf

Amanda (in Brisbane)

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old February 15th 04, 10:05 PM
A & L Lane

"A&G&K" wrote in message

"Leanne" wrote in message

You should see the ads here in Oz, they're great... theres one of a man
eating lunch on a toilet... its looks so gross and sounds horrible... at

the
end it says 'you wouldn't eat your lunch here, why should a baby?' then
'breastfeeding in public is a mothers right'

theres a few other, but they dont get played as much.

They are great adds aren't they. Apparently the networks are supposed to
air a certain amount of public service adds every day, but you hardly ever
see the ABA ones
It does delight me, however, when they show children enjoying food on
Playshcool, and show a child being bf

Amanda (in Brisbane)

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003
EDD 19th August 2004

I havent ever seen *any* of the ABA ads on TV - I think my favourite one was
the one with the baby saying "the way to get ahead in life is to suck up to
the boss". Have never seen it on tv but went to the website to have a look
at it after all the furore about it being rated PG. I remember a while back
when that lady on the Panel bf her new baby (about 10:30pm) and lots of
people getting overwrought about it - the very next day on SBS, they showed
a promo for a doco on the Riviera with full-frontal nude female sunbathers
wandering around the beach at 7:30pm. Not offensive in the least to me and
I absolutely do not have a problem with my young children seeing it - I do
have a problem with the major double standard of people getting upset about
seeing almost no breast while a baby is being fed in the way God intended.

I also enjoy seeing the odd snippet on Playschool - they also have another
one where the theme is cuddling with lots of different shots of kids being
cuddled by grownups with a short flash of a baby being bf - great message to
send out I think. Hopefully it is working on this younger generation to
think that bf is the normal thing to do.

cheers
Leah

Old February 16th 04, 06:24 AM
A&G&K

"A & L Lane" lonewood @ telstra . com wrote in message
[...]

I hadn't realised, but apparently 10 minutes before Kate bf her baby on the
Panel, they aired a woman cleaning a car windscreen with her breasts ....
that didn't even make the news.
If you subscribe to the ABA, they commented on this in the latest "Essence"
mag.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 7th 04, 03:22 PM
badgirl

"Squiggi"

is a stupid ass troll, oh joy, how fun...another one for the idiot bin

*plonk*

Old March 7th 04, 05:44 PM
Krista

Some kids won't take a bottle. Neither of mine ever would. *They* prefer
the real thing, and it's about what's best for *them* not *me*.

--
Krista Young
Devoted wife, loving mother

"Squiggi" wrote in message
54...
"Leanne" wrote in
:

Not only that...but nursing is not producing excrement! It's
FEEDING a child. I wouldn't have MY lunch in the crapper...nor
would I suggest

anyone
else do so.

You should see the ads here in Oz, they're great... theres one
of a man eating lunch on a toilet... its looks so gross and
sounds horrible... at the end it says 'you wouldn't eat your
lunch here, why should a baby?' then 'breastfeeding in public is
a mothers right'

theres a few other, but they dont get played as much.

It may be a right, but that doesn't mean you should do it.

What ever happened to the consideration of others? I don't think
many people want to see someone whip out a tit in public to feed
their little bundle of joy. Really, it's all about exibitionism,
isn't it? I mean, come on... You know damn well you can pump out
milk and feed using a bottle. But no... it's something "natural" and
"beautiful"... and the more you subject others to your public nudity
displays and the more people who don't want to see it, the more it
becomes a "right". Puh-leeze... Why not just be curteous of other
people's dislikes - just because you don't have to?

The next time I see you in public, i'll make sure I take a puff of
smoke in your presence. Because I have the right, health issues
notwithstanding.

Old March 7th 04, 07:44 PM
Lina

"Squiggi" wrote in message
54...
"Krista" wrote in
om:

Some kids won't take a bottle. Neither of mine ever would.
*They* prefer the real thing, and it's about what's best for
*them* not *me*.

They'll take the bottle. Give them that only option and they will get
hungry enough and do it.

Do you plan on making them spoiled brats all their lives? Come on
lady... have a spine - so take control. It will be the best for
*them* and easier on *my* eyes. No one wants to see you partially
nude in public.

Then why start in on us here??? Besides you'll see less of my tit than the
13 year old girls you're probably oggling...
suck it up (no pun intended) and stop trolling... jerk