DD slept 9 hours straight!!

Old January 28th 04, 06:52 PM
CY

Default DD slept 9 hours straight!!

I am so happy! DD is 23 months and has only slept through the night about 3
or 4 times ever. We have been trying to get her a little more scheduled and
were waking her up at 7am every day and letting her sleep no more than an
hour for nap so that she goes to bed at a reasonable time and now she has
rewarded us by sleeping for 9 hours!!!! She nursed like a fiend when she
woke up ready for the day - on her own at 7am! YEAH!!!

Just wanted to share!

Old January 28th 04, 08:08 PM
Andrea

"CY" wrote in message
newsxTRb.3265$tP1.1185@fed1read07...
I am so happy! DD is 23 months and has only slept through the night about

3
or 4 times ever. We have been trying to get her a little more scheduled

and
were waking her up at 7am every day and letting her sleep no more than an
hour for nap so that she goes to bed at a reasonable time and now she has
rewarded us by sleeping for 9 hours!!!! She nursed like a fiend when she
woke up ready for the day - on her own at 7am! YEAH!!!

Just wanted to share!

Aw that's great! I'm jealous! )

My son Joe who is 28 months was sleeping thru the night but now has other
ideas! like waking every 1-2 hours!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing strong
with 6 teeth!

Old January 29th 04, 12:24 AM
Sara

In article DxTRb.3265$tP1.1185@fed1read07,
"CY" wrote:

I am so happy! DD is 23 months and has only slept through the night about 3
or 4 times ever. We have been trying to get her a little more scheduled and
were waking her up at 7am every day and letting her sleep no more than an
hour for nap so that she goes to bed at a reasonable time and now she has
rewarded us by sleeping for 9 hours!!!! She nursed like a fiend when she
woke up ready for the day - on her own at 7am! YEAH!!!

Hooray! It's encouraging to hear stories like this.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old January 30th 04, 02:19 PM
Mary S.

CY wrote:

I am so happy! DD is 23 months and has only slept through the night about 3
or 4 times ever. We have been trying to get her a little more scheduled and
were waking her up at 7am every day and letting her sleep no more than an
hour for nap so that she goes to bed at a reasonable time and now she has
rewarded us by sleeping for 9 hours!!!! She nursed like a fiend when she
woke up ready for the day - on her own at 7am! YEAH!!!

Isn't that a great feeling? I'll add to the happy stories.
Sproutkin just (22 months) started sleeping through the night a couple
of weeks ago. She reliably sleeps 9 or 10 hours without waking. And
she was still nursing every 2 hours at 12 months, and every 3-4 hours at
18 months -- there is hope!

We did give her nudge, per the Sears' suggestion of "fathernursing" --
my DH would pick her up and walk her back to sleep when she woke up (it
didn't involve screaming, she'd just conk out against his chest). He
did it once the first night, twice the second night (and she would only
settle on his chest for the rest of the night -- we were a bit afraid we
were creating a worse sleep association, must sleep on top of Daddy),
once the third night, and straight through ever since.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1