q about stomach bug and pg

Old April 18th 04, 10:32 PM
A&G&K

Default q about stomach bug and pg

"Sophie" wrote in message

"A&G&K" wrote in message
There is a bad stomach bug (vomiting and diarrhoea) going around this

town
atm. Since just about everybody I know has had it, I'm guessing that we
probably won't escape (esp.since I seem to catch every bug that comes
along). Last time we got it I was still bf DD so she never came down

with
it ... I'm also dreading her getting the bug.
I know to try and keep hydrated and I know only to take in a small

amount
of
clear liquid at a time, but does anyone have any other tips.
I figure that the baby should be OK so long as there is no high temps or

bad
dehydration ... that's right isn't it??

Amanda - just trying to be prepared.

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

I had a bad bug with Lewis and this time. Just eat and drink what you

can.
Everything'll be fine.

Thanks Sophie,
That's what I wanted to hear....
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 18th 04, 10:36 PM
A&G&K

"Cam & Shane" wrote in message
It must be a world wide thing. I had to work all day yesterday as we had

3
out of 4 staff phone in sick with the tummy bug yesterday. Ugghhh.

I hope it passes you by.

Cam

Thanks Cam ... I hope I miss out too.
I guess with international transport the way it is these days, its entirely
possible for it to have crossed the Pacific!
Hope you stay out of its way too.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 18th 04, 11:18 PM
Carla

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:31:26 +1000, "A&G&K"
wrote:

Feel better soon
(I'm in Brisbane Australia so maybe the bug has been catching aeroplanes!)

Yikes! I hope it's not *that* strong of a bug but you never know...it
sure feels like it!!!

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 19th 04, 01:10 AM
Nan

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:29:34 +1000, "A&G&K"
wrote:

Thanks Nan,
Its nice to see you back on deck. I was thinking of you last week.
Amanda

Thanks Amanda.
It seems all the healing thoughts have helped :-)

Nan

Old April 19th 04, 03:44 PM
Ilse Witch

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:12:06 +1000, A&G&K wrote:

I figure that the baby should be OK so long as there is no high temps or bad
dehydration ... that's right isn't it??

I had a very bad stomach bug when pg with DS and was told on several
occasions that he would be just fine. I wasn't though, for a couple of
days, and my recovery took significantly longer than usual, which seems
typical when pregnant. I hope you stay clear though!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)