36 week appt

Old July 21st 04, 11:48 PM
A&G&K

Default 36 week appt

First of all - Larry the RRLT has worked wonders in 1 week!!! BP was 125/80
last week and was back to 115/65 yesterday (normal for me). I am still
retaining a bit of fluid but its not too bad (bugger- I can't blame the
weight gain on fluid!)

My Ob is happy with just letting me bumble along and his only disclaimer was
to go to the midwives if I felt unwell as there was no guarantee that my BP
would stay low. Bub is still head down (LOA) which is where s/he has been
for weeks so hopefully s/he won't be moving too much. I had to have another
blood test for antibodies and was done for another week.

The other good news is that I can now deliver in the regional hospital I
want to go to as I've made it to 36 weeks. The midwives at this hospital
are fantastic (they are in town too, but they are a lot busier).
This hospital is surrounded by bushland which appeals to me as a botanist ..
I can spot any number of native plant species from the windows and hopefully
I may even get to see some native birds nesting in tree hollows. There's
also the chance of spotting a koala or wallaby as this is one of their
native ranges ... I just have to remember that its not a holiday

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old July 22nd 04, 01:19 AM
Larissa

A&G&K wrote:
[...]

Sounds like everything is going well Amanda, thats great. A bushland
setting for the hospital is also nice. The hospital I went to is a
large regional teaching hospital but surrounded by bush. The first thing
I remember my son responding to is birds outside the window. He turned
his head on day two to listen to the birds.

Larissa
Mum to
DD feb 99
DS mar 01
DD2 dec 03
Old July 22nd 04, 03:25 PM
Ilse Witch

OMG, is it really 36 weeks already!?

I'm glad you are doing so well with the BP, and that you get to go to your
favourite hospital. But I hope the bub will stay put for just a little
while longer. How are you feeling? Still managing with the family? Do you
have maternity leave yet?

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old July 22nd 04, 10:59 PM
A&G&K

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
OMG, is it really 36 weeks already!?

I'm glad you are doing so well with the BP, and that you get to go to your
favourite hospital. But I hope the bub will stay put for just a little
while longer. How are you feeling? Still managing with the family? Do you
have maternity leave yet?

I'm on "leave" but I'm employed as a casual so I don't get official paid
leave. Still, I'm not complaining as I am so lucky to be able to do this
job from home.

I have really started slowing down though which is a bit of a challenge for
me ... I'm used to getting a certain amount done in a day and am finding
that I just can't get to everything.
Poor DH has been copping a bit of flack - this morning when I got up, he'd
given DD a bucket of pegs that she plays with that I had put away because I
got sick of picking them up from all over the house. I told him in in no
uncertain terms that I keep walking on them and bending down to pick them up
is a bit hard at present, so he would have to pick them up tonight .... and
then I walked out into the kitchen and found that he'd practically cleaned
the entire house last night after DD and I went to bed ... God love him!

Its funny - I keep wishing the baby was here, but then if I think about
going into labour today I feel so unready. I'm starting to get the little
shocks from bubby's head pushing on me, but I don't think I'm going to pop
just yet.

Amanda
PS - Thanks for your e-mail ... I'm just finishing off a few things for
work, but I hope to reply soon .... stay well!

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old July 23rd 04, 03:21 PM
Ilse Witch

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:59:46 +1000, A&G&K wrote:

Its funny - I keep wishing the baby was here, but then if I think about
going into labour today I feel so unready. I'm starting to get the little
shocks from bubby's head pushing on me, but I don't think I'm going to pop
just yet.

I'm sure you will be very ready when the bub arrives. Somehow your body
just knows such things... It took me well into the 39th week to feel
'ready'. By the time I started labour at 40w2d, I was very very ready.

You sure have a wonderful hubby to help you out like that! My DH can be
very helpful, but only if I ask him at least 3 times. And the same DH
claims that DS needs to respond to asking only once. Ah, the irony... Like
a friend said yesterday: I got a kid since I got married, I just didn't
realize until I had more!

PS - Thanks for your e-mail ... I'm just finishing off a few things for
work, but I hope to reply soon .... stay well!

Take your time! I'm not going anywhere

Old July 25th 04, 03:16 AM
A&G&K

"Larissa" wrote in message
m.au...
A&G&K wrote:
[...]

Thanks Larissa,
I must admit that the quiet setting of the hospital appeals to me.
How wonderful that your son responded to bird calls (hopefully a melodic
species) .. what a wonderful memory.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

36 week appt. Karen Pregnancy 1 March 30th 04 10:04 PM
My 34 1/2 week appt Coccinella Pregnancy 2 February 17th 04 04:36 PM
Going for 28 week appt. and GTT test Daye Pregnancy 10 October 23rd 03 09:36 PM
39 week appt GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 2 September 8th 03 04:38 AM
25/27 Week appt update! Pregnancy 2 August 8th 03 10:56 PM