Pattern for child-size sling?

Old January 27th 04, 10:10 PM
CY

Default Pattern for child-size sling?

Anyone know of a sewing pattern for a chil-size sling? My daughter has
started trying to use ours fer her dolls and gets frustrated as it's so
big!!

Old January 27th 04, 10:51 PM
Larry McMahan

CY writes:
: Anyone know of a sewing pattern for a chil-size sling? My daughter has
: started trying to use ours fer her dolls and gets frustrated as it's so
: big!!

Monika made one each for Clara and Niel, just copying one of hers in
a smaller size. Who needs a pattern? :-)

See: http://home.comcast.net/~l.mcmahan/pics.html

Larry

Old January 27th 04, 11:26 PM
Dawn Lawson

Larry McMahan wrote:

CY writes:
: Anyone know of a sewing pattern for a chil-size sling? My daughter has
: started trying to use ours fer her dolls and gets frustrated as it's so
: big!!

Monika made one each for Clara and Niel, just copying one of hers in
a smaller size.

I was going to suggest just changing the measurements of a larger
pattern, like the ones on Jan's site.....don't have the URL, but there
are instructions.

Dawn

Old January 28th 04, 06:10 AM
CY

Thank you! Jen and Dawn!
"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...
It's www.sleepingbaby.net

:-)

Old January 29th 04, 08:55 PM
Jan Andrea

CY writes:
: Anyone know of a sewing pattern for a chil-size sling? My daughter has
: started trying to use ours fer her dolls and gets frustrated as it's so
: big!!

Monika made one each for Clara and Niel, just copying one of hers in
a smaller size. Who needs a pattern? :-)

See: http://home.comcast.net/~l.mcmahan/pics.html

Larry, Stephen was looking at the pictures with me, and when he saw the one
of Niel sleeping, he said "He fell down... poor little guy!" Hee!

My sling directions are at http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html
but you could just as easily use the MayaWrap directions -- no need to make
the shoulder with pleats, since it won't be weight-bearing, really. I'd use
a piece of fabric a yard long, maybe a yard and a half, and 15-20" wide.
Macrame craft rings would work fine.

Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000