In need of a science gift idea

Old December 9th 05, 03:47 AM posted to misc.kids

Default In need of a science gift idea

A class of twenty-five grade 7 students is looking for a neat science
related gift idea for this year's holiday season. The class has
undertaken a project to learn about the benefits and joy of gift
giving. Part of this project is to donate gifts to members of a family
with a limited income. The class has been provided the name of such a
family and the profile/interests of each family member. One member of
the family is a 16 year old boy with a strong interest in science. The
class is looking for a science related gift for this young man.

I am a Mathematics teacher in a middle school. Today at lunch I learned
about the project and the need to find a science related gift from the
Language Arts teacher whose class has undertaken this project. Now that
I am at home thinking about the situation, I thought I would post the
little I know about it on a couple of science related Use Groups and
see what brilliant ideas the experts suggest.

I did not hear any mention of a cost limit but I am thinking/guessing
the cost limit for any gift for a family member is not much over $20.
It would be great if there were a number of $20 or less gift ideas, but
if you have a great idea that is more expensive, don't hesitate to
post your suggestion. Please give your best "estimate" of the cost
of your suggestions.

If you have any questions, post them and I will talk to the teacher in
charge of the project.

TIA, Terry

Old December 9th 05, 04:31 AM posted to misc.kids

wrote in message
oups.com...
One member of
the family is a 16 year old boy with a strong interest in science. The
class is looking for a science related gift for this young man.

How about admission ticket(s) for a local planetarium, science
center/science museum, aquarium or something like that?

Old December 9th 05, 06:07 AM posted to misc.kids

Tracey wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
One member of
the family is a 16 year old boy with a strong interest in science. The
class is looking for a science related gift for this young man.

How about admission ticket(s) for a local planetarium, science
center/science museum, aquarium or something like that?

A nice hard cover science book or gift certificate to a local
bookstore? A chemistry set?

Old December 9th 05, 01:12 PM posted to misc.kids

Try Edmunds Scientific :

http://scientificsonline.com

Old December 9th 05, 02:51 PM posted to misc.kids

wrote:
[...]

www.SteveSpanglerScience.com has some really cool stuff. It might be a
little young for a 16 year old though. I wish I had the money to supply
DD school from this catalog. I could see myself spending several
hundred dollars easily

Mothers day gift idea? jojo General 5 March 18th 05 04:47 AM
Hey parents...this is a great gift idea for your kids! [email protected] General 0 December 22nd 04 10:32 PM
Gift Ideas for Support people.. and other stuff... Tori M. Pregnancy 10 October 5th 04 09:44 PM
White Elephant party gift idea needed Kari General 6 April 21st 04 03:19 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM