Monitoring Kids Time on Computer

Old December 15th 04, 01:07 AM
Family Man

Default Monitoring Kids Time on Computer

I want software to enable me to control the time each of my children spend
on the computer. I have tried Parental Control at www.salfeld.com . My
computer conflicts with this software so I'm looking for another software
product to do exactly the same thing. Any recommendations? Commercial
solutions?

Dad

Old December 15th 04, 01:16 AM
Roger

In one age, called the Second Age by some,
(an Age yet to come, an Age long past)
someone claiming to be Family Man wrote
in message 1103072735.358694@ftpsrv1:

I want software to enable me to control the time each of my children spend
on the computer. I have tried Parental Control at www.salfeld.com . My
computer conflicts with this software so I'm looking for another software
product to do exactly the same thing. Any recommendations? Commercial
solutions?

A kitchen time and parental intervention?
Old December 15th 04, 08:11 PM
Family Man

"Roger" roger@. wrote in message

A kitchen time and parental intervention?

I have six children.

Old December 15th 04, 09:19 PM
Roger

In one age, called the Second Age by some,
(an Age yet to come, an Age long past)
someone claiming to be Family Man wrote
in message 1103141312.640314@ftpsrv1:

"Roger" roger@. wrote in message

A kitchen timer and parental intervention?

I have six children.

So you set the timer six times
Old December 15th 04, 11:09 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
Roger roger@. wrote:

In one age, called the Second Age by some,
(an Age yet to come, an Age long past)
someone claiming to be Family Man wrote
in message 1103141312.640314@ftpsrv1:

"Roger" roger@. wrote in message

A kitchen timer and parental intervention?

I have six children.

So you set the timer six times

Parenting multiple children requires a different set of resources and
skills than parenting only one or two. I can see looking for a software
solution to this -- something where it doesn't REQUIRE the parent to
remember who has been on the computer for how long, but manages the
issue by itself.

Even with only 3 I sometimes got confused (or conned....maybe both...)
about who had used how much time when. Keeping track of it with 6 kids
would be harder -- you'd end up haveing 6 kitchen timers (since they
might not want to use their entire time in one sitting) or writing down
the amount of time each had been using it. When you are also cooking
for six, and supervising homework for six, and dealing with all kinds of
other issues for six -- well, it's a hassle.

Why NOT try to make this particular job easier?