AUTISM: THE EVOLUTION OF A DISEASE by Bryan Jepson, MD

Old July 11th 06, 04:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

Default AUTISM: THE EVOLUTION OF A DISEASE by Bryan Jepson, MD

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/jepson.html

Old July 11th 06, 05:28 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Vaccine-man

john wrote:
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/jepson.html

I especially like this part:

"There are a lot of people who believe that mercury is the cause of
autism. I think that mercury plays a role, but I don't think that the
removal of thimerosal from vaccines will cause autism to go away
completely. In fact, I know it won't because I've seen kids who
have not been exposed to thimerosal who are still autistic."

I'm rather surprised, john, that you might actually might be starting
to also believe that thimerosal is not connected to autism. Glad you're
coming over to our side.

Old July 11th 06, 05:50 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
PeterB

Vaccine-man wrote:
john wrote:
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/jepson.html

I especially like this part:

"There are a lot of people who believe that mercury is the cause of
autism. I think that mercury plays a role, but I don't think that the
removal of thimerosal from vaccines will cause autism to go away
completely. In fact, I know it won't because I've seen kids who
have not been exposed to thimerosal who are still autistic."

I'm rather surprised, john, that you might actually might be starting
to also believe that thimerosal is not connected to autism. Glad you're
coming over to our side.

I hate to disappoint you, Mr. Pharmablogger, but no one ever said
autism is soley attributable to thimerosal. Not everyone who gets
lung cancer is also a smoker, for instance. That doesn't mean smoking
is good for you.

PeterB

Old July 11th 06, 05:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
Vaccine-man

PeterB wrote:

I hate to disappoint you,

I'm sure you do.

Mr. Pharmablogger,

Wow, "pharmablogger" - did you invent a new word?

but no one ever said autism is soley attributable to thimerosal.

It's not even remotely associated with thimerosal. The point is, john
has a document on his web page from a physician ("allopath") who
accepts that vaccines (and thimerosal) are not associated with the
incidence of autisms.

Old July 11th 06, 06:08 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
PeterB

Vaccine-man wrote:
PeterB wrote:

I hate to disappoint you,

I'm sure you do.

Mr. Pharmablogger,

Wow, "pharmablogger" - did you invent a new word?

but no one ever said autism is soley attributable to thimerosal.

It's not even remotely associated with thimerosal. The point is, john
has a document on his web page from a physician ("allopath") who
accepts that vaccines (and thimerosal) are not associated with the
incidence of autisms.

No, he simply quotes a physician who acknowledges that for every
disease process, there can be multiple vectors. He does not say that
thimerosal in vaccine has not been associated with autism.

PeterB

Old July 11th 06, 06:08 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
PeterB

Vaccine-man wrote:
PeterB wrote:

I hate to disappoint you,

I'm sure you do.

Mr. Pharmablogger,

Wow, "pharmablogger" - did you invent a new word?

but no one ever said autism is soley attributable to thimerosal.

It's not even remotely associated with thimerosal. The point is, john
has a document on his web page from a physician ("allopath") who
accepts that vaccines (and thimerosal) are not associated with the
incidence of autisms.

No, he simply quotes a physician who acknowledges that for every
disease process, there can be multiple vectors. He does not say that
thimerosal in vaccine has never been associated with autism.

PeterB

Old July 11th 06, 06:33 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing
john

"Vaccine-man" wrote in message
ups.com...
john wrote:
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/jepson.html

I especially like this part:

"There are a lot of people who believe that mercury is the cause of
autism. I think that mercury plays a role, but I don't think that the
removal of thimerosal from vaccines will cause autism to go away
completely. In fact, I know it won't because I've seen kids who
have not been exposed to thimerosal who are still autistic."

I'm rather surprised, john, that you might actually might be starting
to also believe that thimerosal is not connected to autism. Glad you're
coming over to our side.

Mercury doesn't cause or contribute to autism? He doesn't say that, the
bottle with the deaths head on it is a sort of clue, but you see what you
want to see, your time is going to be up afore long

Old July 11th 06, 07:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
Mark

john wrote:
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/jepson.html

So Dr. Jepson is an emergency medicine doctor who works at an autism
treatment center in Utah headed up by executive director...wait for
it...Dr. Andrew Wakefield!!!

I wonder if Wakefield got this job before or after he was reprimanded
in Britain for his shenanigans surrounding his 1998 paper.

Mark, MD

Old July 11th 06, 08:44 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
PeterB

Mark wrote:
john wrote:
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/jepson.html

So Dr. Jepson is an emergency medicine doctor who works at an autism
treatment center in Utah headed up by executive director...wait for
it...Dr. Andrew Wakefield!!!

I wonder if Wakefield got this job before or after he was reprimanded
in Britain for his shenanigans surrounding his 1998 paper.

Ad hominem. Vaccines have never been proven safe, regardless.

#1 -- Learn the meaning of the term "ad hominem".

#2 -- Dr. Wakefield has been shown to have committed at least two
serious ethical lapses while putting together his paper on the
purported (and now soundly discredited) MMR -- autism hypothesis.

#3 -- Nothing is 100% safe.

Mark, MD

FOAD Baby Boomers Way Back Jack General 159 August 3rd 05 09:20 PM
FOAD Bigots bobbie sellers General 190 August 1st 05 10:07 AM
HP: Outstanding Thread on Autism / Mercury Debate ... Ilena Rose Kids Health 0 July 28th 05 07:26 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Childhood Vaccinations, Part 1/4 [email protected] Info and FAQ's 3 June 30th 05 05:27 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Childhood Vaccinations, Part 1/4 [email protected] Info and FAQ's 3 May 30th 05 05:28 AM