prenatal tabs!!

Old March 10th 04, 05:25 PM
Dhara

Default prenatal tabs!!

Hi all
I was suffering with severe morning sickness and vomitings but now got
controlled as I am on "Reglan" tablets.I have completed 10 weeks and
my problem is I just hate those prenatal tablets. I feel more Queasy
and get a vomiting sensation while taking the tablet. Do I have to
take those? What if I skip them? I am a vegetarian.Could any body get
back to me on this?
Old March 12th 04, 03:28 PM
Sophie

"Dhara" wrote in message
m...
Hi all
I was suffering with severe morning sickness and vomitings but now got
controlled as I am on "Reglan" tablets.I have completed 10 weeks and
my problem is I just hate those prenatal tablets. I feel more Queasy
and get a vomiting sensation while taking the tablet. Do I have to
take those? What if I skip them? I am a vegetarian.Could any body get
back to me on this?

You could take 2 children's vitamins a day instead. My OB said just to make
sure I get enough iron.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old March 15th 04, 06:46 AM
Marc Field

In article , =
OM (Dhara) wrote:
Do I have to
take those? What if I skip them? I am a vegetarian.Could any body get
back to me on this?

My wife had the same problem, and she has been taking one Flintstones (children=
s') vitamin plus a folic acid supplement each day. She became slightly anemic =
at one point, though, in part because she had zero red meat and very little iro=
n in her diet. She could not keep the iron supplements down, nor any of the pr=
enatal vitamins for that matter. Her solution was to try some steak (the first=
red meat she'd had in about 20 years!). Since that night we've had about 25 d=
inners at Outback Steakhouse. Her iron was fine at the next blood test. Peopl=
e talk about pregnancy cravings and how they might be for foods you don't norma=
lly like much. Still, I never would have guessed her thing would be steak. Ot=
her than sharing what I think is a funny story, the point is that you'll need t=
o look for good sources of iron (especially given that you are a vegetarian) if=
you do decide to go with something like a childrens' vitamin.

Marc

--
Marc Field
(real address!)