FAO April

Old November 15th 06, 08:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

Default FAO April

Is Joanna home yet?
Can we start the conga round the world?
Thinking of you:
Debbie

Old November 16th 06, 01:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

Hi Debbie

Thanks for thinking of me, Joanna has started coming home now and all is
going well, we had a LAC meeting yesterday and placement with parents was
agreed. They are returning Joanna home slowly for her benefit, confussion
etc and also our benefit of slowly going back into full time care blah blah,
okay if it was my choice i'd have her home FT tommorow but I suppose I can
see their side of things. Like I say everything is going brilliant and she
comes home longer each week. We have her 2 half days and a full day next
week and then the week after 2 full days and a half day and then the week
after overnight stay etc so you get the idea of the progression stage. It
started last week with 2 half days and then this week it's been 3 half days.
She's definitely got a bond going with me because if I leave her side she
cries for me which is kinda nice.

April

We can do the conga soon

Old November 16th 06, 02:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

April & Stewart wrote:
[...]

APril, I just wanted to say your strength through all this has been
amazing! In your shoes I probably would have totally lost my mind,
literally. To say I'm impressed with how you've dealt with it would be
an understatement. I am so incredibly happy for you that she will be
home where she belongs full time very soon. She's a lucky child to have
such a devoted and determined mother.

Old November 16th 06, 04:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"April & Stewart" wrote in message
Hi Debbie

Thanks for thinking of me, Joanna has started coming home now and all is
going well, we had a LAC meeting yesterday and placement with parents was
agreed. They are returning Joanna home slowly for her benefit, confussion
etc and also our benefit of slowly going back into full time care blah
blah, okay if it was my choice i'd have her home FT tommorow but I suppose
I can see their side of things. Like I say everything is going brilliant
and she comes home longer each week. We have her 2 half days and a full
day next week and then the week after 2 full days and a half day and then
the week after overnight stay etc so you get the idea of the progression
stage. It started last week with 2 half days and then this week it's been
3 half days.

To be honest that sounds unnecessarily slow. It's not like you don't know
her at all. I'd have thought 2 full days was a better step next week, than 3
half days, which isn't really much difference.
Have you got a date for full time yet?

She's definitely got a bond going with me because if I leave her side she
cries for me which is kinda nice.

That's sweet.

April

We can do the conga soon

Looking forward to it.
Debbie

Old November 16th 06, 07:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

To be honest that sounds unnecessarily slow. It's not like you don't know
her at all. I'd have thought 2 full days was a better step next week, than
3 half days, which isn't really much difference.
Have you got a date for full time yet?

I agree, instant transition would probably not be good for all concerned,
but if you do it too slow, it can be really confusing for the child, I hope
they are prepared to be flexible, if she is crying for you when she has to
leave, then it starts getting a bit silly!

Anne

Old November 17th 06, 01:29 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

APril, I just wanted to say your strength through all this has been
amazing! In your shoes I probably would have totally lost my mind,
literally. To say I'm impressed with how you've dealt with it would be
an understatement. I am so incredibly happy for you that she will be
home where she belongs full time very soon. She's a lucky child to have
such a devoted and determined mother.

Hi

Thanks, you have to be strong in a situation like this, falling to pieces
wouldnt have got my daughter back but saying if I never had times when I
just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up again, I would be lying. It has
been one of the worse years of my life to say the least and at times I have
felt so desperate but I've got through, I'm not preaching but I think my
belive of God got me through the most of it. I had a beutiful little girl
that I was not going to stop fighting for no matter what and it's been worth
all the heartace but I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy. Thanks again

April

Old November 17th 06, 01:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

April

We can do the conga soon

Looking forward to it.
Debbie

Me tooo. Watch this space and get your conga shoes on....

Old November 17th 06, 01:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
To be honest that sounds unnecessarily slow. It's not like you don't know
her at all. I'd have thought 2 full days was a better step next week,
than 3 half days, which isn't really much difference.
Have you got a date for full time yet?

I agree, instant transition would probably not be good for all concerned,
but if you do it too slow, it can be really confusing for the child, I
hope they are prepared to be flexible, if she is crying for you when she
has to leave, then it starts getting a bit silly!

Anne

Hi Anne

Yes I totally agree but at the moment Joanna seems happy and thats all that
matters and the fact she's coming home. She's due to be home full time first
week in January.

April