Update - OB visit/allergy meds while bf & pg

Old August 22nd 03, 04:38 AM
K.B.

Default Update - OB visit/allergy meds while bf & pg

Good luck to you. It must be so hard being pregnant and nursing. I found it
hard to be prego and take care of my 2 year old on milk bottles. I had no
energy. I hope things work out for you.
Just one personal question. Were you planning on getting pregnant. Just
curious.
Kris
"Irene" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for all the info and good wishes, everyone!

I had my first OB visit today, and my OB was very helpful. First, I
was happy that no one said boo about me breastfeeding while pregnant.
When I mentioned that I knew several women who had tandem nursed, he
asked if I was planning to. I said that while I wasn't necessarily
*planning* to, I didn't think ds would be very open to weaning, so
we'd see what would happen. No dire warnings about starving my baby
or myself, thank goodness! (I didn't think so, since he's pretty
enlightened, but you never know...)

He also said that I could take my Claritin, and possibly the
Rhinocort, though he'd be happier if I didn't, or at least limit it to
when I really, really need it. Which I'm willing to work with - if I
stay mostly inside, I can skip a couple days without too many dire
consequences, even in the height of the season, and can easily pare
down in a few weeks. I was especially happy since I realized that
with an April due date, I'm not going to be able to do much in my
garden this spring planting season, so if I want to change anything,
I'd better do it this fall!

(This is somewhat OT, but I just have to mention it. My copy of What
to Expect actually did come in handy for something - the due date
calculation method came up with the same exact date my OB's wheel came
up with!)

I did find it interesting that they were surprised that I was having
regular periods while nursing a two year old, and was actually pretty
sure about my date for my LMP. I've been having fairly regular cycles
for over a year now!

Anyhow, it was a fun visit.

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
#2 EDD 4/10/04

Old August 22nd 03, 02:10 PM
Irene

"K.B." wrote in message ink.net...
Good luck to you. It must be so hard being pregnant and nursing. I found it
hard to be prego and take care of my 2 year old on milk bottles. I had no
energy. I hope things work out for you.
Just one personal question. Were you planning on getting pregnant. Just
curious.
Kris

Well, yes, we were planning on getting pregnant. I had read enough
stories from women here on mkb to figure that I could deal with it.
If I had waited until ds weaned, I might be waiting a long time...

Irene
Old August 23rd 03, 02:56 AM
K.B.

I guess your about 2 months along? Maybe you will have the baby on my sons
b-day. 4/19. I got prego with him in august and had him in April. A month
early. And he wasn't planned but I'm happy with the results. He's number 4.
I really do plan to stop here. Maybe I shouldn't depend on nursing for birth
control.
Are you going to find out what your having? It's so exciting isn't it?
Kris
"Irene" wrote in message
om...
(Irene) wrote in message

. com...
"K.B." wrote in message

ink.net...
Good luck to you. It must be so hard being pregnant and nursing. I

found it
hard to be prego and take care of my 2 year old on milk bottles. I had

no
energy. I hope things work out for you.
Just one personal question. Were you planning on getting pregnant.

Just
curious.
Kris

Well, yes, we were planning on getting pregnant. I had read enough
stories from women here on mkb to figure that I could deal with it.
If I had waited until ds weaned, I might be waiting a long time...

Irene

(following up on myself...)

I forgot to mention that I had not taken allergy season into account
when thinking July would be a good time to conceive...that was the
only "oops" involved here!

Irene

psych meds for kids: my concerns Ted Shoemaker Kids Health 27 September 22nd 03 04:20 PM
Allergy meds for bf *and* pg? Irene Breastfeeding 5 August 14th 03 01:35 PM
nursing on meds K.B. Breastfeeding 7 July 16th 03 01:24 PM
Pictures and an update! slowly Pregnancy 0 July 9th 03 01:55 PM