Question from my dil (X-Posted)

Old August 16th 03, 04:08 AM
Lee and Cindi Thompson

Default Question from my dil (X-Posted)

"toto" wrote in message
Please if you answer from mkb or mkp, don't cut am
out or I will miss your answers

Announcing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's pregnant, so I am going
to be a grandmother again. She is due in mid or late
March.

Muchest Muchest Muchest Goood wishes to the coming bambina. I know nothing
about closer age spans. Sorry I can't be more help.

Cindi

She wants to know from other moms what you think the
advantages are to having two children so close in age.
What are the good things you see about this spacing?

Her dd will be 20 months when the new baby is born.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits

Old August 16th 03, 04:24 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"toto" wrote in message

Her dd will be 20 months when the new baby is born.

Conga Rats Dorothy, what scrummy news!
20 months is my favourite gap, she'll love it )

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old August 16th 03, 05:49 AM
seyshell

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:09:09 -0500, toto
wrote:

Please if you answer from mkb or mkp, don't cut am
out or I will miss your answers

Announcing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's pregnant, so I am going
to be a grandmother again. She is due in mid or late
March.

congrats Dot.. great stuff!!!!

She wants to know from other moms what you think the
advantages are to having two children so close in age.
What are the good things you see about this spacing?

I have 19 months between Mitchell and Matthew, and 25 months between
Matthew and Murray.

It is hard work, but the boys are close, they are great playmates,
there is no jealousy, they slept when i had a newborn....
Her dd will be 20 months when the new baby is born.

Michelle
--
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.

- Henry David Thoreau

remove the sand to reply to me.
Old August 16th 03, 06:21 AM
toto

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:08:13 -0500, "Lee and Cindi Thompson"
wrote:

"toto" wrote in message
.. .
Please if you answer from mkb or mkp, don't cut am
out or I will miss your answers

Announcing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's pregnant, so I am going
to be a grandmother again. She is due in mid or late
March.

Muchest Muchest Muchest Goood wishes to the coming bambina. I know nothing
about closer age spans. Sorry I can't be more help.

Cindi

Thank you. My first one is only a year old and we are being
blessed with another which is quite nice.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old August 16th 03, 06:21 AM
toto

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:24:54 +1200, "Taniwha grrrl"
wrote:

"toto" wrote in message

Her dd will be 20 months when the new baby is born.

Conga Rats Dorothy, what scrummy news!
20 months is my favourite gap, she'll love it )

I hope so. I know I will enjoy them both.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old August 16th 03, 06:23 AM
toto

wrote:

Please if you answer from mkb or mkp, don't cut am
out or I will miss your answers

Announcing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's pregnant, so I am going
to be a grandmother again. She is due in mid or late
March.

congrats Dot.. great stuff!!!!

She wants to know from other moms what you think the
advantages are to having two children so close in age.
What are the good things you see about this spacing?

I have 19 months between Mitchell and Matthew, and 25 months between
Matthew and Murray.

Well, since the first one doesn't sleep at all well, I hope she will
start sleeping through the night before the second is born.. g

It is hard work, but the boys are close, they are great playmates,
there is no jealousy, they slept when i had a newborn....

That's fantastic.

Her dd will be 20 months when the new baby is born.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old August 16th 03, 06:38 AM
seyshell

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:23:34 -0500, toto
wrote:

Well, since the first one doesn't sleep at all well, I hope she will
start sleeping through the night before the second is born.. g

you only asked for the good stuff eg so that was all i mentioned.

Mitchell did not start sleeping through the night until after he was
2. /raises eyebrows/ thats what dh's are for.

and with Matt, well we did the controlled comforting thing prior to
Murray being born.
Michelle

Old August 16th 03, 06:47 AM
Marc

snip
Congrats grandma. :-)
There is 26 months between my two, and it is good. DD7 wasn't napping much,
but she did go to daycare a couple of days a week. You still have all things
you need, you haven't forgotten too much, the older can be helpful when
you're feeding, once the younger is moving they play together.
Marc

Old August 16th 03, 06:58 AM
KC

My kids are spaced further apart, but my mom always tells me closer
spacing is better because you get the early hard part over with
faster.

KC

Old August 16th 03, 08:52 AM
Cheryl

wrote:

Please if you answer from mkb or mkp, don't cut am
out or I will miss your answers

Announcing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's pregnant, so I am going
to be a grandmother again. She is due in mid or late
March.

Yay! A little sibling for your grand-daughter!

She wants to know from other moms what you think the
advantages are to having two children so close in age.
What are the good things you see about this spacing?

Her dd will be 20 months when the new baby is born.

I like it. My first two are 19 months apart and the second and third
are 22 months apart. I don't remember having any real trouble. The
biggest disadvantage I found was that I hadn't had a full night's
sleep in over 2 years when #2 was born, and that trying to breastfeed
is difficult when you are chasing down a toddler - but it can be done.
It really depends on S's personality type though, if she's laid back
about stuff and can entertain herself life will be much easier when #2
arrives.

Congratulations to your DIL, this is fantastic news Dorothy.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)

nutrition question on year old blacksalt General 12 January 21st 05 07:52 PM
A bottle question Laurie General 2 August 13th 03 10:45 PM
Toddler behavior question P. Tierney General 2 August 4th 03 05:22 AM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM
stupid question about fever Karen Pannia General 0 July 28th 03 01:43 PM