OT - Question about Kitchen Appliance

Old August 16th 03, 05:12 AM
GI Trekker

Default OT - Question about Kitchen Appliance

I know this may be an odd question for this newsgroup, but I really don't know
where else to turn. I MIGHT (emphasis on the might) have a problem with the
refrigerator in my apartment, but I am unfortunately rather lacking in
technical skills, so I really don't know, and given that it's the weekend,
finding help around here from management would not be easy.

Earlier this evening I heard a dripping sound coming from the back of the
refrigerator, like drops of water hitting a metallic pan. The pace of the
dripping lessened fairly quickly and then stopped. In ten years of living here,
I have NEVER heard the refrigerator do this, but I suppose it could've just
been getting rid of excess moisture or condensation or something. But I really
don't know.

I looked behind the refrigerator with a flashlight. No sign of water on the
floor. The freezer and refrigerator are still cold. Today was not especially
hot (by Tucson Arizona standards) but it WAS humid. I don't know if it's
dripped since this initial incident. And yes, I do have a fair amount of
perishable food in both the fridge and freezer, so shutting it off isn't the
ideal option (Nor am I even sure how to do that or if it might just make
matters worse).

But is this even anything I need to worry about? E-mail responses especially
appreciated. Thank you for putting up with my incompetence.
Old August 16th 03, 02:39 PM
0tterbot

"GI Trekker" wrote in message
[...]

yeah, it's common, mine does it all the time in summer. sometimes it's the
drip tray filling up - other times it's the refrigerant inside moving
around. either way it's no problem.
kylie
--
www.rdj.com.au

Old August 16th 03, 05:12 PM
GI Trekker

yeah, it's common, mine does it all the time in summer. sometimes it's the
drip tray filling up - other times it's the refrigerant inside moving
around. either way it's no problem.

Thank you.

nutrition question on year old blacksalt General 12 January 21st 05 07:52 PM
Wading Pool Question Nikki General 3 August 15th 03 04:32 PM
Toddler behavior question P. Tierney General 2 August 4th 03 05:22 AM
6 month old schedule question Penny Gaines General 2 August 1st 03 10:09 AM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM