I surprised my doc and made it to 36 weeks!

Old October 31st 03, 03:29 PM
mom2fallbabies

Default I surprised my doc and made it to 36 weeks!

I have never been this pregnant before and feel huge! Had a
preventative cerclage at 10 weeks due to a short cervix, plus I have a
history of having a 34 weeker anyway.... Everything had been prefect
till 10/21, at about 34 w 4 d. I had been feeling crummy for several
days, and just when I would think I was having too many BH
contractions, they would slow. Anyway, I finally decided to stop
trying to figure things out myself and call the doc. Of course they
made me come in. I was not dilated at all, cerclage fine. She did send
me over to the hospital for monitoring. Showed contractions about
every 5 mins. The nurse made me drink a TON of water, and then I had a
Terbutaline shot. As I sat there waiting for it to work, I got
anxious, hoping I was not about to end up on the Mag Sulfate drip once
again. Thankfully it worked and I was sent home on oral Brethine and
rest. She decided to take the cerclage out at 36 weeks, rather than
the 37 she had planned. She said it was easier to remove if mom was
not in active labor. So I went home and waited for the magic removal
day, Oct 29th.

The removal was kind of painful, but pretty short at least. She said I
was dilated to 1 cm, which I know doesn't mean a whole lot this late
in pregnancy. She said there may be scar tissue that will actually
hold the cervix closed. I am off activity restrictions, but she still
doesn't want me to do anything to try and "make" labor happen. We are
still hoping for 37 weeks, which will be next Thursday.

I am beginning to think I might get there. Since the removal, ctx have
lessened. I think the stitch was giving me an irritable uterus.

It is so neat to be this far, and to just be able to wait for the baby
to come.

Amanda, mom to
Aaron... 3 yrs yesterday!
Madeline Claire edd 11/27
Old October 31st 03, 07:06 PM
Kat

Happy birthday to Aaron! Awesome that you are doing better than you were
hoping for! Hope you make it to your goal!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old October 31st 03, 10:46 PM
Em

"mom2fallbabies" wrote in message

I have never been this pregnant before and feel huge!

Congratulations on getting to this point! That's awesome.

snip
Amanda, mom to
Aaron... 3 yrs yesterday!
Madeline Claire edd 11/27

Happy b-day to Aaron! Looks like Madeline will definitely end up with a
November birthday--good work!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03