Mucus Plug?

Old September 14th 05, 09:55 PM
Cheryl

Default Mucus Plug?

Hi all. I have a quick question. Last night I think I might have lost
my mucus plug, but i'm not sure. When i wiped there is egg whitey
substance streaked with blood. Nothing more. And since then, no blood
or anything but still a slight egg whitey substance, but hardly any
now. I have a OB appointment tomorrow and plan to ask my Dr. but
thought I would see what you all thought. I am 32,actually just about
33 weeks now and this is my second. With my first I dont think I
actually lost the plug on my own or never realized it since I was
induced.

Also my MIL seems to think that it means I'm going to go into labor
soon if it was my mucus plug. But I've heard that, that necessarily
isnt true.

I'm not really worried about anything, just kinda curious.

Cheryl

Mother to

Will (7-26-01)
EDD (11-04-05)

Old September 14th 05, 10:02 PM
Anne Rogers

it doesn't sound like mucous plug to me, that would be likely be larger
volume and usually more bloody. Even if it is your plug, or part of it, it
really doesn't mean much a lot of people will go into labour not long after,
but a significant number won't

Anne

Old September 14th 05, 11:06 PM
Jamie Clark

I've heard that the mucus plug is a lot more than one wipe of the tissue,
and that it regenerates, so this may not mean that you are going into labor
anytime soon.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

oups.com...

Old September 14th 05, 11:54 PM
Iuil

"Jamie Clark" wrote
I've heard that the mucus plug is a lot more than one wipe of the tissue,
and that it regenerates, so this may not mean that you are going into

labor
anytime soon.

My mucus plug came out in one lump on DS. It was the size of the palm of my
hand and a solid dumb-bell shape.

HTH

Jean

--
DD - June '02
DS - May '05

Old September 15th 05, 01:54 AM

I've had three kids and only saw the plug with #2 - it came out at home
just before we left for hospital. Its BIG. Its not just some streaks.
Its like 1/2 cup of gelatinous glorp that plops out.

Oook!

Mary

Old September 15th 05, 02:22 PM
Mum of Two

"Cheryl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all. I have a quick question. Last night I think I might have lost
my mucus plug, but i'm not sure. When i wiped there is egg whitey
substance streaked with blood. Nothing more. And since then, no blood
or anything but still a slight egg whitey substance, but hardly any
now. I have a OB appointment tomorrow and plan to ask my Dr. but
thought I would see what you all thought. I am 32,actually just about
33 weeks now and this is my second. With my first I dont think I
actually lost the plug on my own or never realized it since I was
induced.

Also my MIL seems to think that it means I'm going to go into labor
soon if it was my mucus plug. But I've heard that, that necessarily
isnt true.

I'm not really worried about anything, just kinda curious.

What the others said - it's big. I had a lot of discharge, some of it bloody
later in pg. I think it's normal for me. The plug I lost with DS was large,
yellow and bloody, or so I remember it in my drugged state. I never found
one with DD's term birth, so I think I may have lost bits of it late in
pregnancy - who knows.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old September 16th 05, 01:42 PM
Mogget

In message , Iuil
writes

"Jamie Clark" wrote
I've heard that the mucus plug is a lot more than one wipe of the tissue,
and that it regenerates, so this may not mean that you are going into

labor
anytime soon.

My mucus plug came out in one lump on DS. It was the size of the palm of my
hand and a solid dumb-bell shape.

Really?! My goodness me, no mistaking that then! I'm quite envious as
with #1 I waited and waited for the remotest sign of *anything*
happening, and nothing ever did.
--
Mogget
Old September 16th 05, 03:56 PM
Crystal Dreamer

"Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

With my first, I lost my mucus plug while in labor, just a couple hours
before she was delivered. It was big and a lot of blood.

With the boys, I started losing it a few weeks before they were born. It
came out in little pieces at a time, long, clear and stringy, kinda like
snot! (sorry!) This Monday, I lost a piece about marble size that was
streaked with blood and have been losing little strings of it (clear) since
then.

--
-Lisa
Baby Girl due September 2005

Mucus Plug Jennifer Howe Pregnancy 4 June 1st 05 06:14 PM
Hmmm:. losing mucus plug at 31.5 weeks Melania Pregnancy 5 March 24th 05 01:28 AM
Lost Mucus Plug @ 31 Weeks !?!?!? Heather Kitchen Pregnancy 7 October 27th 04 12:53 AM
Mucus plug Zaz Pregnancy 5 October 26th 04 10:17 AM
mucus plug Gwen & John Pregnancy 13 July 23rd 04 10:02 PM