weaning or maybe not, how to do it?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 28th 07, 10:36 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default weaning or maybe not, how to do it?

On Apr 28, 2:55 pm, yogigupta wrote:
On Apr 25, 10:03 pm, cjra wrote:

I don't _want_ to wean DD. In my ideal world we'd continue going until
one of us is done. However we've already decided if at one year I'm
not ovulating, to wean as we're very anxious to TTC. At almost 10
months now, DD is still a nursing machine. She nurses regularly 3x/
night (the last few nights more like 6 but I think she's teething). I
can't even imagine weaning her.

1. How do we go about doing it? Slowly? Give her milk during the day
and still wean at night? I'm willing to give it some time, and would
prefer a gradual weaning and see if I ovulate once we cut down. Does
she _need_ cow's milk during the day? Or just another snack? I'd love
to be able to stop pumping. She's eating 3 solids meals per day now,
although no snack, just EBM/nursing.

2. How does one night wean? We co sleep. We do have a crib which she
uses some times, but obviously it's easier to co-sleep, but that
doesn't help the weaning process. Any tips?

Postponing TTC is not an option we want to consider. I'd be happier to
already be pg now! We really want another.

Normally, you should not wean off the breast milk for the first 12
post natal months. If you want to wean at 10 months, wean her to iron
fortfied infant formula 50/50 a couple of weeks and then 100 % infant
formulas.
Do not give cows's milk before first birthday.- Hide quoted text -

Just to be clear, again. I have no intention of weaning before 12
months (one year, as stated in my initial post). My question was aimed
at what to do once she reaches 12 months.

So is this how weaning happens? CY Breastfeeding 8 April 4th 06 08:26 PM
Weaning and more Jess Breastfeeding 10 March 24th 06 12:26 AM
Weaning - how to tell? Notchalk Breastfeeding 8 February 22nd 06 09:44 AM
weaning help please dana Breastfeeding 20 February 21st 06 05:26 PM
weaning Dawn Lawson Breastfeeding 0 August 22nd 03 06:12 AM