New Single Mom Needs Advice

Old September 18th 07, 10:11 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
[email protected]

Default New Single Mom Needs Advice

Hello,

I am a 20 year old female from NJ. Through a recent tragedy I am not
the sole guardian of my beautiful 10 year old sister. I dont have any
other family and I am not sure what I am doing here. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

Old October 11th 07, 06:36 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Nil

wrote in message

ups.com...

Hello,

I am a 20 year old female from NJ. Through a recent tragedy I am not
the sole guardian of my beautiful 10 year old sister. I dont have any
other family and I am not sure what I am doing here. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

Hey! kathy....can you elaborate whats going on?
What do you mean by living alone?
And who take care of your sister?
Where is your parents?

Nil

Old October 17th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
[email protected]

On Sep 18, 5:11 pm, wrote:
Hello,

I am a 20 year old female from NJ. Through a recent tragedy I am not
the sole guardian of my beautiful 10 year old sister. I dont have any
other family and I am not sure what I am doing here. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

Kathy,

I am a bit confused with the wording. It reads "I am not the sole
guardian......etc. If you are the guardian I hope this helps.

First, I am a public employee working for a County social service
agency in NJ with over 20 years experience in public assistance
(welfare, food stamps, medicaid and child support). If you so desire
and since you are related and have custody, you can apply for
assistance for your sister. In fact, if you are not employed, you too
can receive the same benefits. It is not a lot in fact 162 for 1 or
322 for 2 in cash, approximately 250 in food stamps and medicaid to
cover just about all medical needs. The medical coverage is probably
the most important issue here.

If there is a surviving or rather an available parent for your sister,
the social service agency will represent you and will file against the
absent parent, whereaver the person is. If you share the same parents
this may become an issue as you will definitely hit home.
Nonetheless, forgive me for saying this but you did not ask for this.

I suggest, if you have not done so, contact your local Social Service
agency. You can even file on line in some cases.

These are just a few words to let you know there is help out there for
you. Don't let the age (20) hold you back in applying for what is
rightfully your right. In your situation you need the help, so go get
it.

Good luck.