So far so good!

Old September 19th 08, 10:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Eowyn

Default So far so good!

/waves at all the familiar faces

It feels good to be remembered by so many! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Good news: my hCG levels at ~16DPO were 220. Since I don't know my exact
dates (which is the reason I got myself into this situation ;-) ) I try
to take the most pessimistic estimate. But then I still come out OK.

Today they drew blood again, but if I'm to judge by my stomach, hCG
levels have been rising nicely. I'll see my OB on monday and get the
results then. I've never felt this nauseous during pregnancy before. The
thought of food makes my stomach turn. I do try to eat little bites, and
especially protein-rich foods seem to go well.

Have any of you noticed that your blood takes longer to clot during
pregnancy? After the blood was drawn I had to press down on the vein for
minutes. Usually I'm in and out of the lab in a under minute, today I
took at least 5...

So good signs all along. I'm almost getting faith...

mom to DS (6yo)
mom to DS and DD (3yo)
guardian of DH (age classified)
and one tiny pea in the making
Old September 19th 08, 12:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Eowyn" wrote in message
l.nl...
[...]

I bruise easily, but much more so in pregnancy. After #2 I still bruised
very easily for over a year later.
Debbie

Old September 19th 08, 03:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Eowyn" wrote in message
l.nl...
[...]

I'm totally clueless when people talk about hCG levels and the numbers and
all that, so I'll just say that since you say good signs, then yay!
Hopefully all goes well!
I had major issues with foods and smells with boys. Everything and anything
would make me sick. With girls, though, the only problem I've had so far is
brushing my teeth... I tend to gag and each time I just about throw up, but
only sometimes I actually do. Foods, smells... They don't bother me one
bit, thankfully, and not a touch of morning sickness, which I am so greatful
for! I can relate to that sick feeling, though... With my boys, yuck!
I also haven't found any different issues with blood while pregnant. For
some reason, I seem to bleed and bleed for a very long time with even just a
small cut. I first noticed it about 6 years ago when I banged my shin on
the open glass door of the TV stand. In record time, I had a HUGE bruise on
my shin and it bled for almost 2 days straight, soaking through band aids.
I still find this - a small paper cut can even bleed for a good hour or so.
I might have some sort of problem that I don't know about (and haven't
bothered to check out) but I have had some sort of weird blood clotting
problem, I think, for a while.
Thanks to pregnancy, though, my teeth are horrible. I have teeth that
really need to be checked and probably pulled Just waiting for the
coverage to click in and then I'll go and see... Dental app't a year ago
came back with all is fine - he told me that I *might* need to look at
getting my wisdom teeth pulled some time, but then my mom told me that the
dentist, she knows, just likes pulling teeth lol

Old September 19th 08, 03:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

Eowyn wrote:

So good signs all along. I'm almost getting faith...

Yay - good news I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

--

Nikki