Where did my stomach go?

Old January 16th 09, 03:58 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Where did my stomach go?

Yes, I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm just wondering...
Google hasn't been very helpful with this one, but I'm wondering where your
stomach normally goes during pregnancy? Up? Down? Behind or to one side?
I can't seem to find any pictures or info on this, but I've been having some
weird gurgling and stomach stuff happening today.
It started off with very, very loose bowels. Sorry if it's TMI It was
so bad earlier that I could barely control myself. I did not have an upset
stomach, wasn't feeling bad, just BANG! Out of nowhere, I was not able to
fully control myself and running to sit on the toilet with a very loose
stomach. No other issues with that, though, and hasn't seemed to be a
problem since mid-afternoon.
Now, though, I have this rumbling/bubbling feeling. It's right in the
middle, and right kind of under the bottom of my ribs. Like solarplex area,
just directly behind it. It feels almost like bubbles and it's fairly
constant. I don't feel any different (sick or anything) but this bubble
feeling is still there constantly and has been around for probably an hour,
maybe hour and a half this evening.
Is that just my stomach? Where, exactly, does a stomach shift to during
pregnancy? I will have 3 weeks left to go on Saturday, if that matters.

Old January 16th 09, 07:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

It's not your stomach, it's your bowels. More specifically, your large and
small intestines which are making all those noises. When you have very
loose watery bowel movements, your intestines gurgle and bubble and make all
sorts of fun noises. I've had an ugly stomach virus or food poisoning the
past few days, and I'm listening to mine go nuts right now!

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/...e.asp?ck=10242

The link below shows that as the baby and uterus grows, the stomach and
intestines get pushed up and back underneath the breasts and shoulders.
Lovely.

Often times, very loose bowels is an early sign of labor. Good luck.
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

Old January 16th 09, 08:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Jamie Clark wrote:
snip
Often times, very loose bowels is an early sign of labor. Good luck.

Jep. That's the first thing I thought, too. For me it was a not so early
sign, but I sure was on the toilet right after getting to hospital.

Kat, I've got my fingers crossed for you, have a good one :-)

cu
nicole
Old January 16th 09, 08:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
It's not your stomach, it's your bowels. More specifically, your large
and small intestines which are making all those noises. When you have
very loose watery bowel movements, your intestines gurgle and bubble and
make all sorts of fun noises. I've had an ugly stomach virus or food
poisoning the past few days, and I'm listening to mine go nuts right now!

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/...e.asp?ck=10242

The link below shows that as the baby and uterus grows, the stomach and
intestines get pushed up and back underneath the breasts and shoulders.
Lovely.

That makes sense. Thanks. That's the kind of picture I was hoping to find,
but I couldn't find one even close to one that good. Every picture I found
was pretty much showing baby/uterus/placenta/etc., or it would show a normal
inside of a person (most of them male as well) and didn't show where
everything kind of shifts around to. The gurgling was loud enough that I
could actually hear it and it was weird as I could actually *feel* it with
my hand if I touched the very top of my stomach (like under my breast area
at the very, very top of my stomach)

Often times, very loose bowels is an early sign of labor. Good luck.

Haha I hope like a few weeks early singn, but hope it does not last a few
weeks! It was much, much worse earlier today... I've never had that happen
before... Having what was like an upset stomach without the upset stomach
part - just the very loose bowel issue today... and only once or twice this
evening. Like it just comes really out of nowhere. And I literally have to
RUN or I know I'll end up (pardon me) having an accident, for lack of a
better word! So it comes with NO warning, comes fast and I learn to sprint
up the stairs to the bathroom 2 steps at a time.

--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

Old January 16th 09, 08:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"NL" wrote in message
Jamie Clark wrote:
snip
Often times, very loose bowels is an early sign of labor. Good luck.

Jep. That's the first thing I thought, too. For me it was a not so early
sign, but I sure was on the toilet right after getting to hospital.

I don't remember this before... But then again, with DD2, a few days before
she was born (only a week early) we were ALL very, very sick... It was that
norovirus that we ALL had, with DD1 starting Thursday early evening, DS
starting on Thursday late at night/Friday early morning, then N and I both
not alright on Friday morning... Until Sunday it lasted, I felt a little
better (but just tired and weak) on Monday and IIRC, I went in to the
hospital fairly early Tuesday morning and they kept me in. That was
different, though.
With DD1, OTOH, I took castor oil the night before... And went into labor
the next morning. I did not take enough, it seemed, to upset my stomach as
I was NOT sitting on the toilet at all after the castor oil.

Kat, I've got my fingers crossed for you, have a good one :-)

LOL I hope it just passes for the time being. DS's birthday is next, not a
baby's lol I've been promising him it will be AFTER his birthday (due one
week exactly after his birthday) and I have very recently convinced him that
sharing a birthday with a baby sister isn't so fun He's waiting for his
birthday to be next! I think, with still 3 weeks to go, this one's not
quite yet finished cooking.

cu
nicole

Old January 16th 09, 09:13 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Kat wrote:
"NL" wrote in message

snip
Kat, I've got my fingers crossed for you, have a good one :-)

LOL I hope it just passes for the time being. DS's birthday is next, not a
baby's lol I've been promising him it will be AFTER his birthday (due one
week exactly after his birthday) and I have very recently convinced him that
sharing a birthday with a baby sister isn't so fun He's waiting for his
birthday to be next! I think, with still 3 weeks to go, this one's not
quite yet finished cooking.

Ok, so I'll cross my fingers and you cross your legs *duck and run* :-P

Maybe it was something you ate? I don't mean food poisoning or anything,
but some foods are like laxatives (lactose extremely so for me,
obviously) and I spend a lot of time in my bathroom admiring the tiles
after regular dairy products...

take care
nicole

Bad Stomach? xkatx Pregnancy 3 July 18th 06 09:03 AM
Stomach lying? Child Pregnancy 3 April 4th 05 02:46 PM
where is my stomach? Anne Rogers Pregnancy 1 December 9th 04 03:15 AM
My stomach.... Jill Pregnancy 7 May 3rd 04 11:02 PM
q about stomach bug and pg A&G&K Pregnancy 14 April 19th 04 03:44 PM