baby names

Old December 6th 04, 08:12 PM

Default baby names

Does anyone know the meaning of the name "kunal"

Old December 6th 04, 08:48 PM
V.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know the meaning of the name "kunal"

Take a look at: http://www.dosima.org/forenames/Kunal.htm
also http://www.hindunet.org/wwwboard/mea...sages/110.html

Basically, it's a male Hindu name that may mean "lotus flower".

Old December 6th 04, 08:57 PM
Tori M.

hmm interesting.. I could not find a meaning for it in my search.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier 10/27/04
"V." wrote in message

ups.com...

Old December 6th 04, 09:10 PM
Carol Ann

Meaning: Lotus in Sanskrit. This was the name of the son of Emperor Ashoka.

Kunal (Kunaal) A devotee of Vishnu

Many sites just say it has no meaning.

Are you going to name your son Kunal?

Carol Ann

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know the meaning of the name "kunal"

Old December 6th 04, 09:54 PM

We are of Indian origan living in the US. And we would like to have an
Indian name that is easy to pronounce and yet have a significant
meaning. So we are looking at names like :Rohit,Rohan,Neil,Navin,
Nikhil, Kunal and Karan (some of the names we are leaning towards)

Let me know what you think

Carol Ann wrote:
Meaning: Lotus in Sanskrit. This was the name of the son of Emperor

Ashoka.

Kunal (Kunaal) A devotee of Vishnu

Many sites just say it has no meaning.

Are you going to name your son Kunal?

Carol Ann

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know the meaning of the name "kunal"

Old December 8th 04, 12:40 AM
Iuil

"Unadulterated Me" wrote

Rohan,Neil

Neil and Rohan are Indian names? I can see how maybe the same Rohan
spelling as the celtic one could be also Indian but Neil?

Well Neil as a Celtic name is actually an anglicisation of Niall which is
pronounced as Neil in Gaelic linguistics.

And the Celtic Rowan is spelled with the W in the middle, not an H. I've
seen Rohan as an Indian name before.

Jean

---

Old December 8th 04, 04:33 AM
Rebecca McGraw

And here I thought Rohan was just the land to the north of Gondor. You
learn something new every day!

Old December 9th 04, 12:04 PM
Missy Me

In article says...
Does anyone know the meaning of the name "kunal"

sorry - but it sounds like something i'd put "farque" before.