Baby Names

Old August 30th 03, 02:38 AM
annafine

Default Baby Names

How did you pick out the name to give your baby?

Was the name picked out before you got pregnant, after you found out
you were pregnant, after you found out the baby's gender or after the
baby was born?

EDD #1 October 18, 2003...my husband and I had narrowed our list to
about 3 names each before we ever conceived our child. After the
first u/s we tried narrowing it even more, but then went to family and
friends for "votes" and opinions.

We had decided on baby names by the time of the second u/s which was
at about 18 weeks.

Our baby girl is going to be Akira Violet. However, if the u/s tech
is wrong and we end up with a boy, his name is going to be Adam
Benjamin.

Since both our names begin with the letter "A" we wanted our baby's
name to also. We chose middle names based on grandparents' first
names. Baby girl will have my Mom's Mom's first name as her middle
name. Baby boy will have my husband's Mom's Dad's first name as his
middle name.

The way we came up with Akira...it is the most common MALE name in
Japan (according to my DH) and he wanted it for a boy...EVERYONE we
know thought it was a nice name, but thought it to be "a girl's name"
so we decided to use it for our daughter.
Old August 30th 03, 04:21 AM
Nikki

annafine wrote:
How did you pick out the name to give your baby?

Was the name picked out before you got pregnant, after you found out
you were pregnant, after you found out the baby's gender or after the
baby was born?

We did not pick any names out before we were pregnant. Dh desperately
wanted the name Hunter from the first moment he heard it so that was the
boys name. We did not know the sex. It is a good thing we had a boy
because we didn't have a girls name picked out. With #2 we knew we were
having a boy but we still couldn't get the name narrowed down until a day
after his birth. I love the name Lucas/Luke but dh hated Lucas so we spent
a day staring at him to see if he'd tell us what he wanted by telepathy or
something. We had a couple others (I can't even remember them!) and when I
compromised and said we'd skip the Lucas and go with just Luke as the 'real'
name he agreed. For middle names Hunter got my dads name and Luke got dh's
dad's name.

You guys have a great story behind your names. I like names with a story.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old August 30th 03, 05:30 AM
Carol Ann

:: How did you pick out the name to give your baby?
::
:: Was the name picked out before you got pregnant, after you found out
:: you were pregnant, after you found out the baby's gender or after the
:: baby was born?

snip

:: Our baby girl is going to be Akira Violet. However, if the u/s tech
:: is wrong and we end up with a boy, his name is going to be Adam
:: Benjamin.
::
:: Since both our names begin with the letter "A" we wanted our baby's
:: name to also. We chose middle names based on grandparents' first
:: names. Baby girl will have my Mom's Mom's first name as her middle
:: name. Baby boy will have my husband's Mom's Dad's first name as his
:: middle name.

snip

I love the names you chosen! I have been thinking about it for about a
month now. I'm due in March/April.

I am thinking of these names:

Rachel Kelley (haven't thought of a middle name yet)
Kimberley Elizabeth Kelley (after 2 of my best friends)

Jacob Matthew Kelley (Jacob is my father's name, Matthews was my late
stepfather's last name)

I was trying to come up with a nice Korean name, but just can't think of
anything. I also wanted to use my last name, but think it sounds strange.
What do you think?

Rachel Kaplan Kelley?

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old August 30th 03, 03:56 PM
Jacqui

Nina wibbled

My daughters intials are
the same as my paternal grandmothers,as is her middle name. Her
middle name is my maternal grandmothers birthplace, her first name
is THAT grandmothers mothers birthplace.

Oh goodness - that method could give me children called Catania
Caltagirone, Brentford Weymouth, or, for DH's family, Bolton Bolton!

(And for grand*fathers*, Cairo Hampstead, Jesmond Aberdeen, or Bolton
Bolton again...)

Jac
Old August 30th 03, 04:39 PM
Nina

"Jacqui" wrote in message
. 7...
Nina wibbled

My daughters intials are
the same as my paternal grandmothers,as is her middle name. Her
middle name is my maternal grandmothers birthplace, her first name
is THAT grandmothers mothers birthplace.

Oh goodness - that method could give me children called Catania
Caltagirone, Brentford Weymouth, or, for DH's family, Bolton Bolton!

(And for grand*fathers*, Cairo Hampstead, Jesmond Aberdeen, or Bolton
Bolton again...)

lol
Well, I didnt pick the name for that reason, it just worked out that way and
I thought it was interesting. Her name is Savannah Elisabeth.

Jac

Old August 30th 03, 05:56 PM
Clisby

annafine wrote:
How did you pick out the name to give your baby?

Was the name picked out before you got pregnant, after you found out
you were pregnant, after you found out the baby's gender or after the
baby was born?

After we found out the baby's gender, way before the baby was born.

We named my daughter Emma Clisby, after my great-great grandmother.
(Clisby is a family name).

If #1 had been a boy, we'd have named him Joseph Clisby (my
great-great-great-grandfather's name - and Joseph is my husband's
middle name).

By the time #2 came along, we had already used Clisby as a middle name,
so we named him Joseph Takacs (Takacs is his great-grandmother's maiden
name.)

Clisby

Old August 30th 03, 07:28 PM
Jacqui

Linz wibbled

We discussed and picked names last year and, since that pregnancy
ended without us using the names, they were ready for this one. If
it's a boy, he will have a family name from my side of the family
and Bloke's Dad's name. If it's a girl, she'll have a name we just
both liked, plus Bloke's Mum's name. Either way it'll get both our
surnames - which will give a great set of initials actually
spelling out a third name for a girl!

But you'll have to wait to find out what we've chosen!

Hmmm, since I know both surnames I might be able to work out the
initials, at least... and we know it's not Little Mouse, right?

Jac
Old August 31st 03, 11:45 AM
Linz

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:28:34 +0000 (UTC), Jacqui
wrote:

Linz wibbled

We discussed and picked names last year and, since that pregnancy
ended without us using the names, they were ready for this one. If
it's a boy, he will have a family name from my side of the family
and Bloke's Dad's name. If it's a girl, she'll have a name we just
both liked, plus Bloke's Mum's name. Either way it'll get both our
surnames - which will give a great set of initials actually
spelling out a third name for a girl!

But you'll have to wait to find out what we've chosen!

Hmmm, since I know both surnames I might be able to work out the
initials, at least... and we know it's not Little Mouse, right?

*grin*
Nor Tiny Mouse - although apparently he's not tiny any more!
--
EDD 1/11/03
31 weeks
Old August 31st 03, 08:07 PM
Jacqui

Linz wibbled
Jacqui wrote:

Hmmm, since I know both surnames I might be able to work out the
initials, at least... and we know it's not Little Mouse, right?

*grin*
Nor Tiny Mouse - although apparently he's not tiny any more!

No, more like Great Heffalump Mouse. :-)

Jac

Unconsolable infant dkc General 18 May 25th 04 11:02 PM
Interesting local article on baby names sher General 292 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
Lydia's Birthstory (long) Andrea Pregnancy 29 September 7th 03 07:23 AM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
Introducing your dog to your newborn. The Huwe Family Pregnancy 2 August 12th 03 02:39 AM