Where are all the pro- "child support" (backdoor alimony) folks?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26th 03, 08:19 PM
Dave

Default Where are all the pro- "child support" (backdoor alimony) folks?

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"TeacherMama" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
Indyguy1 wrote:

Dave wrote:

snip to

But why do men fail to organize and protest?

I have a theory on this. It's because of the way so many have been
raised.
Women have traditionally been the organizers in families. They see

it
that
the vacations, Dr. appts, home repairs, etc. are booked, the

family
events are
attended, etc. Boys grow into men that have seen their mothes be

the
organizers
and then marry women who continue the pattern.

The best way to stop this is for parents to stop raising boys to

expect
this of
women and stop raising girls to accept this as their solo role as

women.
Do it
by example and in word.

I'm doing my share.

Mrs Indyguy

I have some theories too, and they're very different from Mrs.
Indyguy's. I think that very few men are willing to come out and

openly
stand up for the interests of men, in situations where those

interests
are entirely the opposite of women -- as is the case in most

domestic
relations matters.

Bear in mind too that men who fight the system are subject to the very

real
threat of jail time as well as losing their worldly possessions just

because
they are standing up to the system. Women, on the other hand, at the

very
worst would simply be told to just "shut the f___ up". Not much to

lose
there.

Why do you say that? Why would they go to jail or lose their worldly
possessions because they protested against the system? Now, if their
protest was in the form of refusing to pay child support, then I can see
where that might be true. But organizing and picketing, etc--why would

that
merit jail time? And if women were out there picketing with them, why

do
you think the women would get different treatment? Do you have any

examples
of this happening?

I was held in contempt of court and sanctioned for trying to stand up to

the
system on three occasions. One time I was in contempt for attempting the
"re-litigate" an issue. Another time I was in contempt for "dragging my
ex-spouse back into court." And finally, I was held in contempt for
"failing to inform the court my ex-spouse was having trouble transferring

an
asset to her name." In everyone of these examples the judge ignored her

own
order in the decree and held me accountable with sanctions for trying to

get
the decree implemented as written and signed.

Did you have to spend any time in jail time for contempt or did you just
have to pay a fine?