Burger King apologizes for a BF incident

Old November 14th 03, 04:38 PM
Jan Andrea

Default Burger King apologizes for a BF incident

"Michelle J. Haines" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

There has been something of a baby boom in my orchestra over the last
half-dozen years or so and I have noticed that not one musician has

brought
babies or small children to anything other than a family or kid concert.

That's too bad. We consider them valuable musical education. A
child need to hear music being made to learn to make music.

I think so, too. We brought Stephen (now age 3) to UNHSO concerts until he
got too squirmy -- but always made sure to sit so that we could exit
quickly. I think he will start attending again when he's 4 or 5 and can be
trusted to sit still for 45 minutes.

My
kids have been brought to concerts, sure--family concerts, kid concerts,
outdoor performances--but not classical concerts that begin at 8:00 PM.

Our's start at 7:30, and our director's wife brings their daughter,
too.

Maybe the difference is professional orchestra vs community orchestra

Probably.

I would imagine so; I don't think I'd bring Stephen or Sophia to a paying
concert, but have no qualms about bringing them to UNHSO (UNH Symphony
Orchestra -- it's a community orchestra too) concerts. Sophia slept through
the last one, except for the applause

Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000
and Sophia, 2 October 2003

Old November 14th 03, 09:11 PM

Michelle J. Haines wrote in message .. .
In article ,
says...

There has been something of a baby boom in my orchestra over the last
half-dozen years or so and I have noticed that not one musician has brought
babies or small children to anything other than a family or kid concert.

That's too bad. We consider them valuable musical education. A
child need to hear music being made to learn to make music.

We both consider it valuable for children to hear live performances
and consider that the live performances they should be hearing are
either family concerts, outdoor concerts, or youth concerts, so as not
to interrupt the performance. But even many local high school
conductors will wait until the noisy children -- quiet children are,
of course, perfectly welcome -- are taken out of the hall before they
give a downbeat, so this may just be a difference in community
standards.

DH brought DS to all our concerts last year, but they hung out in the
lobby because he was too noisy to be inside the hall. If it weren't
for his nursing schedule and my body's refusal to let down for a pump
we wouldn't have bothered. This year he's old enough to wait from
6:45 pm (call at 7) to 10:00 pm when I get home, so DH has only
brought him to the outdoor pops concerts.

Maybe the difference is professional orchestra vs community orchestra

Probably.

Probably depends on the level of community orchestra, too. The
non-paying orchestra I used to play with had way more kids in the
audience than the compensated one I now play in, and since the
community is now building us a very nice new hall the standards for
our conduct are going up -- no socializing in the audience at
intermission, no entrance through anything but the stage doors, black
to wrists as well as to ankles, etc.

--
C, mama to one year old nursling
Old November 15th 03, 09:44 AM
Susi

I used to work as a manage in Mcdonalds(Uk)
Our standard procedure for handeling a complaint about a breastfeeding
mother was to explain to the complainer that it was a perfectly
natural act and that this was a family restaurant. If they had a
problem with it then the complainer was 'encoraged' to move to an area
where they could not see the mother, not the other way around.
Old November 15th 03, 03:33 PM
Belphoebe

Susi wrote:
I used to work as a manage in Mcdonalds(Uk)
Our standard procedure for handeling a complaint about a breastfeeding
mother was to explain to the complainer that it was a perfectly
natural act and that this was a family restaurant. If they had a
problem with it then the complainer was 'encoraged' to move to an area
where they could not see the mother, not the other way around.

Excellent response--I wish all restaurants and stores would take that
approach.

--
Belphoebe

Old November 15th 03, 09:06 PM
Iuil

"Belphoebe" wrote
Susi wrote:
I used to work as a manage in Mcdonalds(Uk)
Our standard procedure for handeling a complaint about a breastfeeding
mother was to explain to the complainer that it was a perfectly
natural act and that this was a family restaurant. If they had a
problem with it then the complainer was 'encoraged' to move to an area
where they could not see the mother, not the other way around.

Excellent response--I wish all restaurants and stores would take that
approach.

There's a chain of restaurants here in Dublin with a similar policy
(Bewley's for Herself and Marie). I actually had a manager search for a
seat for me so I could sit down with DD to feed her this time last year,
even though there were people circulating with trays looking for tables and
(other than DD) my hands were empty (OK, DH was in the queue getting food
but she had no proof of that).

Jean
--
HOLLY: Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of
vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other type

Old November 15th 03, 11:39 PM
Irish Marie

"Iuil" wrote in message

"Belphoebe" wrote
Susi wrote:
[...]

That's excellent isn't it. Someone on my birth club at Eumom mentioned that
they had a good experience there at LV before too.

--
Marie
Mum of 3

Old November 15th 03, 11:47 PM
Iuil

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

"Iuil" wrote in message

"Belphoebe" wrote
Susi wrote:
[...]

Bewley's aren't in LV :-) (I was in Blanch that time) but I've *never* had
any problems anywhere in LV. MY LLL leader was asked to leave Warner Bros
though :-(.

Jean

Old November 15th 03, 11:53 PM
Irish Marie

"Iuil" wrote in message

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

"Iuil" wrote in message

"Belphoebe" wrote
Susi wrote:
[...]

Duh! I was thinking of the Kylemore!! Lol!
WB, that's surprising considering they are a US company, wouldn't they be?!

Old November 15th 03, 11:58 PM
Iuil

"Irish Marie" wrote

Bewley's aren't in LV :-) (I was in Blanch that time) but I've *never*

had
any problems anywhere in LV. MY LLL leader was asked to leave Warner

Bros
though :-(.

Duh! I was thinking of the Kylemore!! Lol!
WB, that's surprising considering they are a US company, wouldn't they

be?!

She complained in writing afaik. Then a week or so later had to buy
something else and rang Gymboree to see what their policy would be.

K: What would you do if a mother wanted to bf her baby in your store?
G manager: Um, offer her a chair?

:-) I knew there was a reason I liked that shop.

Jean

Old November 16th 03, 12:16 AM
Irish Marie

"Iuil" wrote in message

"Irish Marie" wrote

Bewley's aren't in LV :-) (I was in Blanch that time) but I've *never*

had
any problems anywhere in LV. MY LLL leader was asked to leave Warner

Bros
though :-(.

Duh! I was thinking of the Kylemore!! Lol!
WB, that's surprising considering they are a US company, wouldn't they

be?!

She complained in writing afaik. Then a week or so later had to buy
something else and rang Gymboree to see what their policy would be.

K: What would you do if a mother wanted to bf her baby in your store?
G manager: Um, offer her a chair?

:-) I knew there was a reason I liked that shop.

I rarely go in there, funnily enough, I must make a point of it next time I
am up.
Marie