| Kane Presumes for Doan

Old December 10th 03, 05:55 AM
Kane

Default | Kane Presumes for Doan

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:11:39 GMT, "P. Tierney"
wrote:

"Kane" wrote in message
. com...
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:46:54 GMT, "P. Tierney"

wrote:

Could you two take this off of misc.kids? Or maybe
start your own newsgroup with just the two of you?
Thanks.

Or if your news reader lacks a filter.

Then yes.

If it has a filter, then no.

Correct, it doesn't have a filter.

Your newsreader then must be a browser..google.

Still, you have two questions that you had to answer yes to that
allowed me to answer "no."

You can choose not to read any post at all. And it's not like my name
is hard to miss.

And you are not a moderator since misc.kids is unmoderated.

But maybe I'm just missing
something. Why did you *choose* to post this particular thread
on misc.kids?

The subject is that of spanking for purposes of discipline (the long
time excuse for failure to understand children and humans), or "Adult
Acting Out" as I like to think of it.

I expect the small child, out of frustration, to pitch a fit now and
then, and of course I'm patient, and I use the opportunity to help the
child learn to comfort and calm herself and go at the problem another
way.

I hope you'll forgive me if I am a bit less forgiving with Acting Out
Adults.

Since the theme is about children, "kids" in the vernacular, and
concerns for them, about them, all around them, then "misc" seems to
fit as well.

Possibly you happen to start reading at a point where my worthy
opponent was off on one of his major dodges, weasels, chumming the
waters with Red Herrring as bait, (he's done it for years) and the
subject slid away from child concerns.

I assure you, sir or madam, our exchange is highly relevant to
children and parents.

Possibly you are looking for a single subject newsgroup. I don't think
one labelled "misc" is going to be narrow enough if that is the case.

Why didn't you choose, for example, rec.scuba.diving,

My opponent is subject to fits of crabwalking and crawfishing as well
as Red Herring baiting, so you could be on to something there. Though
I think folks in that ng would find the theme of spanking more off
topic that you do.

alt.sport.bowling,

My opponent hasn't the balls or the pins to stand on. Sorry.

or alt.karaoke,

Aaaah...you have hit on one.

Yes, he sings and dances, somewhat in the manner of a weasel...but
then it's "karaoke" right? smile We can't expect quality, just
volume and an ability to not be embarrassed no matter how badly he
sings and dances, or long and loudly, for that matter.

just to name a few seemingly
equally relevant sites?

I have added a cross post to alt.solutions.parenting as issues of
child rearing are important there. I would like folks to wake up to
what children are actually doing when they "do" a "behavior" (for that
is all a "mis" behavior is)and understand their own role in the
fabulous chance to open up the world to a new scientist (exactly what
children are) they have been granted by the universe and the trusting
child.

Spanking them, in fact punishing them for any reason at all, is a
monsterous act considering who and what they are. Guidance, support,
resource availability is the job of the lab assistant....which,
thankfully because we love them so we should be more than willing to
do. A few don't. I wonder about them.

I regret your having come in the middle at a point not close enough to
the theme for you to be able to recognise the relevance of "kids" and
"misc" but we ARE TR (topic relevant) on this one. I try to be careful
in this way.

I do know I've had others cross post my posts out so that there were
complaints.

Just curious.

I hope I have satisfied your curiosity and gained your forgiveness and
indulgence. Feel free to explore the issue, or not, with us.

Do you spank?

P. Tierney

Kane
Old December 10th 03, 07:17 AM
R. Steve Walz

wrote:

[...]

---------------
Kane carries on a worthy battle against ancient vicious ignorance
and child abuse. The people against him have ideas that date from
the most vicious backward time in human history, and immature and
rightist reactionaries are the only ones who champion such garbage
these days. They claim it's a political argument, but it's actually
just a battle over getting them some treatment for their emotional
illness and preventing their crimes against children and others.
Steve
Old December 10th 03, 07:27 AM
P. Tierney

"Kane" wrote:

If it has a filter, then no.

Correct, it doesn't have a filter.

Your newsreader then must be a browser..google.

Still, you have two questions that you had to answer yes to that
allowed me to answer "no."

You can choose not to read any post at all. And it's not like my name
is hard to miss.

And you are not a moderator since misc.kids is unmoderated.

Right. And I'm free to ask questions in an unmoderated newsgroup.
I'm not pretending to be a moderator, an Internet cop, or anything
of the kind. I'm engaging in free discussion.

But maybe I'm just missing
something. Why did you *choose* to post this particular thread
on misc.kids?

The subject is that of spanking for purposes of discipline (the long
time excuse for failure to understand children and humans), or "Adult
Acting Out" as I like to think of it.

I've read nothing but the one post that I responded to, which
was one of the 20 (of 22) from one of your threads or subthreads
that popped up when I clicked on the newsgroup. The topic
that I clicked upon was a new thread. I had no way of knowing
that it may have been related to other threads.

I expect the small child, out of frustration, to pitch a fit now and
then, and of course I'm patient, and I use the opportunity to help the
child learn to comfort and calm herself and go at the problem another
way.

I hope you'll forgive me if I am a bit less forgiving with Acting Out
Adults.

Since the theme is about children, "kids" in the vernacular, and
concerns for them, about them, all around them, then "misc" seems to
fit as well.

Possibly you happen to start reading at a point where my worthy
opponent was off on one of his major dodges, weasels, chumming the
waters with Red Herrring as bait, (he's done it for years) and the
subject slid away from child concerns.

No, I started reading a new thread that had nothing to do
with kids. Hence my confusion.

I assure you, sir or madam, our exchange is highly relevant to
children and parents.

Okay, thanks.

Do you spank?

No.

P. Tierney

Old December 10th 03, 07:35 AM
Doan

wrote:

[...]

From=20one "never-spanked" boy to another "never-spanked" boy. See the
similarity? ;-)

Doan

Old December 10th 03, 08:30 AM
R. Steve Walz

Doan wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, R. Steve Walz wrote:

Kane carries on a worthy battle against ancient vicious ignorance
and child abuse. The people against him have ideas that date from
the most vicious backward time in human history, and immature and
rightist reactionaries are the only ones who champion such garbage
these days. They claim it's a political argument, but it's actually
just a battle over getting them some treatment for their emotional
illness and preventing their crimes against children and others.
Steve

From one "never-spanked" boy to another "never-spanked" boy. See the
similarity? ;-)

Doan

---------
Yes, we're sane, brilliant, creative, accomplished people who can
trounce your kind of sick dishonoring immature neurotic **** anytime!
Steve
Old December 10th 03, 08:53 AM
Doan

Doan wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, R. Steve Walz wrote:

Kane carries on a worthy battle against ancient vicious ignorance
and child abuse. The people against him have ideas that date from
the most vicious backward time in human history, and immature and
rightist reactionaries are the only ones who champion such garbage
these days. They claim it's a political argument, but it's actually
just a battle over getting them some treatment for their emotional
illness and preventing their crimes against children and others.
Steve

From one "never-spanked" boy to another "never-spanked" boy. See the
similarity? ;-)

Doan

---------
Yes, we're sane, brilliant, creative, accomplished people who can
trounce your kind of sick dishonoring immature neurotic **** anytime!
Steve

"****"???? Come one, Steve. ;-)

Doan

Old December 10th 03, 03:35 PM
Greg Hanson

Yes, we're sane, brilliant, creative,
accomplished people who can trounce your
kind of sick dishonoring immature neurotic
[e.d.] anytime! Steve

OOh! I'm telling Mom!
You're getting "psychologically aggressive"!

And you're so MODEST too!
Old December 10th 03, 07:30 PM
Kane

"P. Tierney" wrote in message news:s1zBb.488343$HS4.3753250@attbi_s01...
"Kane" pohakuyaOn Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:27:36 GMT, "P. Tierney" wrote:

"Kane" wrote:

If it has a filter, then no.

Correct, it doesn't have a filter.

Your newsreader then must be a browser..google.

Still, you have two questions that you had to answer yes to that
allowed me to answer "no."

You can choose not to read any post at all. And it's not like my

name
is hard to miss.

And you are not a moderator since misc.kids is unmoderated.

Right. And I'm free to ask questions in an unmoderated newsgroup.
I'm not pretending to be a moderator, an Internet cop, or anything
of the kind. I'm engaging in free discussion.

Oh come on.

While questioning someone about the presence of a post in a particular
ng and inviting the author and others to create their own ng qualifies
as "engaging in free discussion" it also provokes a "who are you, a
net nanny?" response.

I've done so politely, much more than is usual when a I-Cop post
appears.

I also invited you to join in the subject if you wish, and here we
are, still discussing the whys and wherefores, a diversion from the
topic.

I think you are enjoying a "gotcha" moment and I'm not interested. I
cleared the air for you, invited you to engage in the conversation and
you will want to play jr troll...

Don't think I'll play, thanks.

snip...........

Okay, thanks.

Do you spank?

No.

P. Tierney

Kane
Old December 10th 03, 08:33 PM
P. Tierney

"Kane" wrote in message
om...

wrote:

"Kane" wrote:

[...]

No. Check the original thread -- the first post on this particular
thread. It has as much to do with kids as scuba diving, bowling,
and karaoke. So I asked, as one may have done on if it were
posted on one of those newsgroups as well.

I think you are enjoying a "gotcha" moment and I'm not interested.

You think incorrectly.

P. Tierney

Old December 10th 03, 11:39 PM
just me

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

You think incorrectly.

PT -

I'd suggest ignoring them, if not adding the main participants to your kill
file. The main persons involved are regulars on an anti-CPS newsgroup, they
have a long standing feud going on, and they seem to keep widening the
groups which they think must be involved with their mudslinging as most of
the helpful talk on the group of origin has been beaten out by this hoo-ha
type of stuff. If you can't kill file, just ignore the tantrumers.

regards

-Aula

Kane Presumes for Doan Kane General 5 December 10th 03 07:39 AM
Kane Presumes for Doan Kane General 1 December 10th 03 05:11 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM