In a hotel in Bill's Puddle...

Old January 12th 05, 05:12 AM
Cele

Default In a hotel in Bill's Puddle...

Hi everyone. I'm sitting here in a sort of breakfast area in a hotel
in Williams Lake. I'm here to do some special ed consulting with some
families here, for the next three days. My internet access is via
google 'cause for some reason the agent config doesn't want to work.
They promised me an internet drop in my hotel room, but what I got was
phone access only, and an internet drop in this here public place.

I worked today & came to the airport to catch the flight here at six
tonight. After I waited for two hours a guy came along and said the
flight would probably be cancelled due to weather. Specifically, a
blizzard. Since he couldn't be *sure* about my flight, I hung around,
watching *all* of the other flights in the general area get cancelled.

Then it turned out that my flight was to take off - the only one going
to this part of the province. So ok, no worries, I boarded. It was an
eighteen seater - nine seats along the right, an aisle, and nine seats
on the left. There were only six of us flying, and you could see
through the cockpit window from the passenger seats.

Needless to say, with a blizzard a-blowin', we bounced around a fair
bit. Some folks' knuckles got white and I actually handed an air bag
to the lady across from me. (Some self interest in that, to be sure!)

Then when we got near Bill's Puddle, the pilot announced we were going
to try to land, but we might not, and if we couldn't, we'd have to go
back to Vancouver.

We spent about half an hour descending, hearing the landing gear drop,
and then ascending, and hearing them pull up again. We were all fairly
sure it was game over, and we were headed back to the coast. Finally,
we did actually land, and all of the passengers broke into loud
applause.

So now I'm in a hotel & off to work at 7:30 tomorrow morning. It's
supposed to go to thirty below tomorrow. Not minus forty five,
Christine, but cool, all the same. Sadly, my Yukon gear is all buried
deep in my storage locker, so I'm making do with layers. At least I
have boots.

It's an amazing thing that T is now strong and healthy enough to be
left, albeit with crossed fingers, for three days while I leave town
to work. We must be winning. :-)

OK, I'll talk to you all later. You never know, maybe I can get this
thing configured to use agent properly, so I can at least read assp
with greater ease.

Take care everyone.

Cele
Old January 13th 05, 09:16 PM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Wow I'm glad to hear you made it there safely.

Christine