In a hotel in Bill's Puddle...

Old January 12th 05, 02:34 PM
Cele

Default In a hotel in Bill's Puddle...

Well, I'm back in the net access area and it's 6:30 in the morning and
37 below outside. Hey Christine, I might make that 45 below yet! :-) I
feel as if I'm in my old job in the Yukon, bouncing around the
territory consulting in the winter. Some aspects of that are kind of
fun. But I miss a decent net connection.

I hope everyone is well, happy, and *warm* - especially those in the
north part of the northern hemisphere.

Take care!

Cele
Old January 13th 05, 12:34 AM
Lisa

"Cele" wrote in message
m...
Well, I'm back in the net access area and it's 6:30 in the morning and
37 below outside. Hey Christine, I might make that 45 below yet! :-) I
feel as if I'm in my old job in the Yukon, bouncing around the
territory consulting in the winter. Some aspects of that are kind of
fun. But I miss a decent net connection.

I hope everyone is well, happy, and *warm* - especially those in the
north part of the northern hemisphere.

Take care!

Cele

It's freezing rain here, but tomorrow, well, they forecast something like
10!

Lisa

Old January 13th 05, 03:45 PM
..:T:..

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
om...
Well, I'm back in the net access area and it's 6:30 in the morning and
37 below outside. Hey Christine, I might make that 45 below yet! :-) I
feel as if I'm in my old job in the Yukon, bouncing around the
territory consulting in the winter. Some aspects of that are kind of
fun. But I miss a decent net connection.

I hope everyone is well, happy, and *warm* - especially those in the
north part of the northern hemisphere.

Take care!

Cele

It's freezing rain here, but tomorrow, well, they forecast something like
10!

Lisa

Now it's thirty four below!

Good thing I figured out the heater in the hotel!

Cele
Old January 13th 05, 03:56 PM
P.Fritz

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
. com...
Well, I'm back in the net access area and it's 6:30 in the morning and
37 below outside. Hey Christine, I might make that 45 below yet! :-) I
feel as if I'm in my old job in the Yukon, bouncing around the
territory consulting in the winter. Some aspects of that are kind of
fun. But I miss a decent net connection.

I hope everyone is well, happy, and *warm* - especially those in the
north part of the northern hemisphere.

Take care!

Cele

It's freezing rain here, but tomorrow, well, they forecast something like
10!

Lisa

Now it's thirty four below!

Good thing I figured out the heater in the hotel!

Cele

It was 56 F this morning here, but then it is supposed to be back down to
the teens by Sat.

Old January 13th 05, 04:16 PM
Lisa

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

It was really weird weather last night,,,,freezing rain changed to rain with
thunder and lightning.....this is January in Ottawa?? Too much!

It's very mild today,,,my dog will be bugging me all day long to get
outside. She may just be on to something here,,,,we may have to take a long
walk to take advantage.

Lisa

Old January 13th 05, 07:23 PM
Tiffany

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
.com...
Well, I'm back in the net access area and it's 6:30 in the morning and
37 below outside. Hey Christine, I might make that 45 below yet! :-) I
feel as if I'm in my old job in the Yukon, bouncing around the
territory consulting in the winter. Some aspects of that are kind of
fun. But I miss a decent net connection.

I hope everyone is well, happy, and *warm* - especially those in the
north part of the northern hemisphere.

Take care!

Cele

It's freezing rain here, but tomorrow, well, they forecast something like
10!

Lisa

Now it's thirty four below!

Good thing I figured out the heater in the hotel!

Cele

It was 56 F this morning here, but then it is supposed to be back down to
the teens by Sat.

same here...... I couldn't live up north, no way. This is to cold in my
opinion.

Old January 13th 05, 07:51 PM
P.Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
e.com...
[...]

Uh...Tiff........I think your 'man friend' has got your brain
scrambled......you DO live up north.......(remember that Mason-dIxon line
thing?)
Now Christine, Cele etc., live 'way the hell up north'

;-)

Old January 13th 05, 08:32 PM
Tiffany

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
le.com...
[...]

LOL...... ok I live in the north. You live way the hell up north and
Christine and Cele live in the Ice Age.

Old January 13th 05, 09:17 PM
CME

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa"
claimed:

"Cele" wrote in message
gle.com...
[...]

As I look out my window, I am in agreement with you there. lol

Christine

Old January 19th 05, 02:31 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:34:44 -0500, "Lisa" wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
om...
Well, I'm back in the net access area and it's 6:30 in the morning and
37 below outside. Hey Christine, I might make that 45 below yet! :-) I
feel as if I'm in my old job in the Yukon, bouncing around the
territory consulting in the winter. Some aspects of that are kind of
fun. But I miss a decent net connection.

I hope everyone is well, happy, and *warm* - especially those in the
north part of the northern hemisphere.

Take care!

Cele

It's freezing rain here, but tomorrow, well, they forecast something like
10!

Ok a couple of day later :-) like the 18th ( today ) 10pm the 17th
it was 10 degrees, no wind.

6:00 am the 18th, alarm clock goes off. 6:03 the neighboring fire dept
goes out on a tractor trailer roll over at the intersection of
Peruville & Groton Rd. Well this intersection is about 400 meters
from my house, we didn't hear a crash. We live near a high traffic
road for Cargil Salt, so the only type of truck out that early in the
AM are salt trucks, either empty, or loaded. This one was loaded.

We get dress and start heading out the door, about 8 inches of snow
and cold enough so that my moustash freezes , brush off the truck and
start up the road. We get there and then they tone out my dept for
the Hevy rescue to stand by, and give us an location update, so we
head to the new location which is near the top of the hill about 2
miles away. Thank goodness for 4x4, it was a mess.

We get to the new location and they tone out for our rescue to
respond, and yet another location update, which was "between Caswell
Rd and N. Wood rd" well this is a 2 mile streach of road 1 mile ahead
of us with open fields on both sides, so we continure on into the
blowing snow visibility is about 1 meter.

We drive to the furthest point of the new location and still nothing,
so we keep going, about 3/4 mile we come across the neighboring dept
rescue unit and the local police Dept. and the truck about 20 ft off
the side of the road. Now they tone for all units responding to go
non-emerangy mode.

My partner gets out of the truck and goes and does the EMS thing, as
the driver was already out. I get out and open the back door and get
my fire coat, my hands quickly numbed, it was flippin cold once I
took off my winter coat to change to my fire coat. wind was just a
blowin, rough guest about 20mph w/gusts to 30.

Went with the Chief to do an inspection of the truck, through 2 ft of
snow. make sure no fuel was leaking, fixed a minor leak from the
overflow vent. Everything else was secure. Interesting enough was
that very little salt was lost. I have to get me some of those heavy
duty tarps

Left the scene and headed back home. Stopped at our rescue truck
who'se crew was doing traffic control at the base of the hill. Turns
out I was the highest ranking officer there, so I had to stay with the
crew. BY this time the sun was up and the wind died down, but it was
still cold, Temp was about 5 F.

Estimated wind chill was about 25-35 below 0 F

Moral of the story is.....I'm moving South :-)

Wellll.....if I didn't have a decent job and only 4 yrs away from the
20 Yrs at Cornell mark. and have to only put up with this for 4
months out of the year, and I like season changes, and low temps like
this only come a couple of times a year.

Alex

Lisa