Irish National BF Week

Old October 2nd 03, 07:58 PM
Irish Marie

Default Irish National BF Week

"Herself" wrote in message
Iuil wrote:

Breastfed babies are less likely to be hospitalised with
gastroenteritis, chest, ear or urinary infections. Mr Martin said the
new Maternity Protection Bill, which is at second stage, would allow
mothers to take breaks and express milk in the workplace.

Eilish O'Regan
Health Correspondent

----

Okay, I didn't know about the bill...that's pretty good. And the
Equality law thing (I can't remember the proper name) supposedly makes
it so if we're in a public place nursing, no one can kick us out...

I really like the sound of this Maternity Bill, which govt dept would tell
me more about it if I rang them up? Health & Children or the Equality & Law
Reform.......I wonder how soon they expect it to be in place.
I'm going back to work on Nov 18th and I need to get in contact with HR at
work to organise stuff (fridge and door locks among other things) I must get
working on it.

--
Marie
Mum to DD born March '98, DS#1 born Nov '99 and DS#2 born Aug '03

Old October 2nd 03, 08:07 PM
Herself

Iuil wrote:

"Herself" wrote
Okay, I didn't know about the bill...that's pretty good. And the
Equality law thing (I can't remember the proper name) supposedly makes
it so if we're in a public place nursing, no one can kick us out...

I think the BFing promotion/awareness group are waiting for a test case.
I'd be willing to volunteer if it ever comes up :-).

Come on, you and me...where can we do it?

I keep trying but nobody's ever said anything to me! Maybe it'll take both
of us, or even all three of us if we ever meet up :-0

If only there were benches on Grafton St.... We'll have to. The food
court at LV? :-)

--
'Tis Herself
Old October 4th 03, 08:50 PM
Iuil

"Irish Marie" wrote
Breastfed babies are less likely to be hospitalised with
gastroenteritis, chest, ear or urinary infections. Mr Martin said the
new Maternity Protection Bill, which is at second stage, would allow
mothers to take breaks and express milk in the workplace.

Eilish O'Regan
Health Correspondent

----

snip

I really like the sound of this Maternity Bill, which govt dept would tell
me more about it if I rang them up? Health & Children or the Equality &

Law
Reform.......I wonder how soon they expect it to be in place.

Well, Micheál Martin is Minister for Health and Children so I'm guessing
it's their responsibility for the moment. But don't hold your breath on it.

I'm going back to work on Nov 18th and I need to get in contact with HR at
work to organise stuff (fridge and door locks among other things) I must

get
working on it.

You could point out that this bill will be coming into to force in the near
future so they'll have to sort this stuff out eventually :-).

Jean

--
HOLLY: Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of
vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other type