Brag (warning: sleeping thru night ment.)

Old July 11th 03, 03:56 AM
Joy

Default Brag (warning: sleeping thru night ment.)

My 3-month-old boy slept for 9 hours straight two nights ago! (His usual
stretch is 7 hours without waking/eating--and he usually sleeps another 2
after a snack.)

He also takes a 3 hour nap most afternoons (plus one or two shorter naps in
the morning).

Mind you, I know this is not a result of my stellar parenting skills, as his
brother didn't sleep through the night until he was nearly a year old. I
just hit it big in the sleep lottery with this baby. I'm trying to convince
myself that I deserve it, and there won't be some karmic payback later.

I remember my older son's pediatrician telling me at 4 months or so that my
older son didn't need to be eating every 2-3 hours at night anymore, as he
was over 20 pounds. I thought, "Yeah, riiiiight...you tell HIM that." And
proceeded to feed him whenever he wanted. This baby is also over 20 pounds,
but he's nowhere near as interested in eating as his brother was, during the
day or night.

Note to those with big babies: My older son, who set records for chunkiness
as a baby though he wasn't particularly large at birth, is now a tall,
strong, and lean 4-year-old--you can count his ribs. His quick weight gain
as a baby was just how he was programmed to grow. Makes me feel better about
having a little porker now.

Cheers to all! I'm off to bed....

-Joy

Old July 11th 03, 10:55 PM
teapot

"Joy" wrote in message .. .
My 3-month-old boy slept for 9 hours straight two nights ago! (His usual
stretch is 7 hours without waking/eating--and he usually sleeps another 2
after a snack.)

snip

wow! I was happy to get 2 and a half hours sleep this afternoon and
all I want for my birthday is 4 hrs sleep, or a wet nurse :-)

teapot and 5 week old excited and awake moo boy
Old July 12th 03, 10:20 AM

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
"Joy" wrote in message

.. .
My 3-month-old boy slept for 9 hours straight two nights ago! (His usual
stretch is 7 hours without waking/eating--and he usually sleeps another

2
after a snack.)

snip

wow! I was happy to get 2 and a half hours sleep this afternoon and
all I want for my birthday is 4 hrs sleep, or a wet nurse :-)

teapot and 5 week old excited and awake moo boy

too bad you're not closer to NY - I'd offer some of my ample supply
Edith
I've contacted a number of milk banks - they're all full up. if anyone
knows any that are in need, I'd love to help!

Old July 12th 03, 08:34 PM
teapot

"E" wrote in message ...
"teapot" wrote in message
om...
"Joy" wrote in message

.. .
My 3-month-old boy slept for 9 hours straight two nights ago! (His usual
stretch is 7 hours without waking/eating--and he usually sleeps another

2
after a snack.)

snip

wow! I was happy to get 2 and a half hours sleep this afternoon and
all I want for my birthday is 4 hrs sleep, or a wet nurse :-)

teapot and 5 week old excited and awake moo boy

too bad you're not closer to NY - I'd offer some of my ample supply
Edith

I've got the milk, literally dripping with the stuff, especially when
he cries. It's the energy thats lacking.

teapot
Old July 12th 03, 11:03 PM

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
"E" wrote in message

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
"Joy" wrote in message

.. .
My 3-month-old boy slept for 9 hours straight two nights ago! (His

usual
stretch is 7 hours without waking/eating--and he usually sleeps

another
2
after a snack.)

snip

wow! I was happy to get 2 and a half hours sleep this afternoon and
all I want for my birthday is 4 hrs sleep, or a wet nurse :-)

teapot and 5 week old excited and awake moo boy

too bad you're not closer to NY - I'd offer some of my ample supply
Edith

I've got the milk, literally dripping with the stuff, especially when
he cries. It's the energy thats lacking.

teapot

I was replying to the "wet nurse" request
Edith