Need advice on kids Christmas gifts

Old December 4th 07, 11:34 AM posted to misc.kids
svu geek

Default Need advice on kids Christmas gifts

I'm supposed to help my grandparents shop for two of their grandkids
plus their adult son. This means that I pretty much have to decide
what to buy.

I got a very short list from the grandkids and the son but I still
don't know what to get them. The grandson is easy and I think I got
that covered.

The granddaughter who is 13 wants clothes and jewelry. For the past
three or four years my grandparents have given her jewelry (bracelets
and necklaces). I would think she might like something different this
year. I have no idea what kind of clothes a 13 y/o girl would wear.
Her parents don't like for people to give her money or gift cards. Any
ideas on what to get her? I'm guessing something girly, but that's as
far as I got.

The son said he'd like something for his house. I've not seen the
house so I don't know what would go in it. In the past, his parents
have given him some sort of candle thing for the fireplace and/or
table. The only thing I could think of is maybe a decorative picture
or maybe some sort of sports memorabilia of his favorite sports team.
Something like a lamp that has the team logo and colors on it. Any
ideas?

Old December 4th 07, 01:33 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article ,
svu geek says...

I'm supposed to help my grandparents shop for two of their grandkids
plus their adult son. This means that I pretty much have to decide
what to buy.

Arrgh. Do what they should have done....

I got a very short list from the grandkids and the son but I still
don't know what to get them. The grandson is easy and I think I got
that covered.

The granddaughter who is 13 wants clothes and jewelry. For the past
three or four years my grandparents have given her jewelry (bracelets
and necklaces). I would think she might like something different this
year. I have no idea what kind of clothes a 13 y/o girl would wear.
Her parents don't like for people to give her money or gift cards. Any
ideas on what to get her? I'm guessing something girly, but that's as
far as I got.

Gift certificate to FYE or other big media store that's in her locality.

The son said he'd like something for his house. I've not seen the
house so I don't know what would go in it. In the past, his parents
have given him some sort of candle thing for the fireplace and/or
table. The only thing I could think of is maybe a decorative picture
or maybe some sort of sports memorabilia of his favorite sports team.
Something like a lamp that has the team logo and colors on it. Any
ideas?

Sears gift certificate.

Done.

Banty

Old December 4th 07, 04:27 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

"svu geek" wrote in message
I'm supposed to help my grandparents shop for two of their grandkids
plus their adult son. This means that I pretty much have to decide
what to buy.

You are supposed to help your grandparents shop for your siblings? Run.

Nut seriously. Listen to Banty.

Old December 4th 07, 04:37 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:27:44 -0500, "Stephanie" wrote:

"svu geek" wrote in message
I'm supposed to help my grandparents shop for two of their grandkids
plus their adult son. This means that I pretty much have to decide
what to buy.

You are supposed to help your grandparents shop for your siblings? Run.

Nut seriously. Listen to Banty.

Yep, I have to agree. The whole thing about the mother not liking
money or gift cards for her daughter is just odd. It's not her
choice, really. When I was a young girl (not that I'm still not a
young girl ;-) I loved getting gift certificates.

Nan
Old December 5th 07, 07:07 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"svu geek" wrote in message
I'm supposed to help my grandparents shop for two of their grandkids
plus their adult son. This means that I pretty much have to decide
what to buy.

You are supposed to help your grandparents shop for your siblings? Run.

I'm thinking it's cousins. She'd probably know what her siblings want.

Christmas Gifts [email protected] General 0 December 14th 05 10:06 PM
Christmas Gifts Dottie Breastfeeding 2 December 8th 05 10:29 AM
Kids purchasing Christmas gifts ColoradoSkiBum General 43 December 23rd 03 09:33 PM
Christmas gifts KimandJuan Twins & Triplets 30 December 11th 03 03:53 PM
Christmas gifts question Laura General 9 December 7th 03 09:52 PM