prolong cough

Old April 23rd 04, 02:14 AM
Jean

Default prolong cough

have you had any experience/comments on prolong cough? DD 3.5yo gone
for chest x-ray and is fine. ped suspect sensitive lungs and put her
on some medication. he is worried that it may be the initial stage of
asthma. but she is not wheezing or have constant cough. cough usually
in the night. sounds rough but again, not that "many" coughs. just 2
or 3 rough coughs in the night.

thanks in advance for all contributions.
Old April 23rd 04, 02:47 AM
Banty

In article , Jean says...

have you had any experience/comments on prolong cough? DD 3.5yo gone
for chest x-ray and is fine. ped suspect sensitive lungs and put her
on some medication. he is worried that it may be the initial stage of
asthma. but she is not wheezing or have constant cough. cough usually
in the night. sounds rough but again, not that "many" coughs. just 2
or 3 rough coughs in the night.

thanks in advance for all contributions.

"Sensitive lungs" isn't much of a diagnosis. If you suspect asthma, see a
pediatric allergist.

Banty

Old April 23rd 04, 08:59 AM
Clisby

Jean wrote:
have you had any experience/comments on prolong cough? DD 3.5yo gone
for chest x-ray and is fine. ped suspect sensitive lungs and put her
on some medication. he is worried that it may be the initial stage of
asthma. but she is not wheezing or have constant cough. cough usually
in the night. sounds rough but again, not that "many" coughs. just 2
or 3 rough coughs in the night.

thanks in advance for all contributions.

For the past two winters my daughter and I have had bad colds
accompanied by coughs that hung on up to 6 weeks. We just waited it
out. However - has your daughter had a cold? If she just had the cough
by itself, I'd at least suspect allergies. (But then, I live in
Atlanta, the pollen capital of the U.S., so any odd respiratory problem
at this time of year makes me think of allergies. Last year my daughter
suffered temporary moderate hearing loss because of it.)

Clisby

Old April 23rd 04, 02:59 PM
Leigh Menconi

"Jean" wrote in message
m...
have you had any experience/comments on prolong cough? DD 3.5yo gone
for chest x-ray and is fine. ped suspect sensitive lungs and put her
on some medication. he is worried that it may be the initial stage of
asthma. but she is not wheezing or have constant cough. cough usually
in the night. sounds rough but again, not that "many" coughs. just 2
or 3 rough coughs in the night.

thanks in advance for all contributions.

Has she had a bad case of pneumonia or bronchitis in the past? I had a bad
case after my son was born and since then, I have developed asthma (in
addition to other allergy symptoms that have been there forever). The
biggest symptom is that I get a barking-like cough, mostly at night. I take
claritin everyday and it seems to be under control. My son has seasonal
allergies that present as a persistent cough as well but when he takes
claritin he's fine. Have you tried some kind of antihistimine? Claritin
comes in a liquid form as well as those dissolvable tablets that just melt
on your tongue. Probably wouldn't hurt to just try it.

Leigh

Old April 23rd 04, 05:34 PM
Sophie

"Jean" wrote in message
m...
have you had any experience/comments on prolong cough? DD 3.5yo gone
for chest x-ray and is fine. ped suspect sensitive lungs and put her
on some medication. he is worried that it may be the initial stage of
asthma. but she is not wheezing or have constant cough. cough usually
in the night. sounds rough but again, not that "many" coughs. just 2
or 3 rough coughs in the night.

thanks in advance for all contributions.

My 5 yr old had a cough for months. The Drs thought it was allergies - even
the ENT. Nothing helped. We thought it was a nervous tic, and it went away
on its own.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04