Which newsprint is safe for baby to eat?

Old August 22nd 06, 11:14 PM posted to misc.kids
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

Default Which newsprint is safe for baby to eat?

What do people do when their baby is obsessed with stuffing newspaper
into her mouth? I have these crackly books that she also loves, but
they don't crumple like newspaper, so the fun is limited!

Old August 23rd 06, 12:13 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
What do people do when their baby is obsessed with stuffing newspaper
into her mouth? I have these crackly books that she also loves, but
they don't crumple like newspaper, so the fun is limited!

My baby was a huge paper eater. I had to relocate my magazine basket to
higher ground for about a year. We just did our best to keep the papers
out of her reach. Like your baby, mine wasn't distracted by crinkly
books -- she wanted the real thing!

Old August 23rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to misc.kids
0tterbot

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
ups.com...
What do people do when their baby is obsessed with stuffing newspaper
into her mouth?

offer dirt and bugs instead? g
kylie

Old August 23rd 06, 12:55 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
ups.com...
What do people do when their baby is obsessed with stuffing newspaper
into her mouth?

offer dirt and bugs instead? g
kylie

NOT funny if you're a parent of a child that eats dirt, sand AND flies...
lol
DD eats handfuls of sand at the park, dirt from the plants at home (which
we've tried to put out of her reach, but 6' tall something-rather plants in
huge pots doesn't work to 'put up') and the flies? Yea, she found a dead
fly a month or two ago, and of course, she was playing ever so quietly on
the floor under her high chair - she was about 10-11ish months old at the
time... I turned around to see why she was so quiet in the kitchen with me,
only to catch her JUST before she put a dead fly in her mouth.
Sand and dirt I can handle. Crumbs of food, sure. Even toys in mouthes is
perfectly fine for me. I MUST draw the line at certain dirth things - and
flies are one of them... I really don't dig anything that chills out in sh*t

Old August 23rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to misc.kids
0tterbot

"xkatx" wrote in message

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
ups.com...
What do people do when their baby is obsessed with stuffing newspaper
into her mouth?

offer dirt and bugs instead? g
kylie

NOT funny if you're a parent of a child that eats dirt, sand AND flies...
lol

well, mine both ate dirt! (hence my suggestion - it evidently makes you grow
up big & strong g!)

i'd probably draw the line at flies too i think...
kylie

Old August 24th 06, 01:12 AM posted to misc.kids
tmdl20

Mine is obsessed with rocks... too dangerous for my liking! It's amazing how
fast he get one into his mouth. The good thing is that he'll spit it out on
command.

Old August 24th 06, 04:17 AM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

Xavier has taken to trying to stick things up his nose.. I see a trip to the
hospital to remove things before too long.

Tori

Old August 24th 06, 01:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article hQMGg.15717$tP4.1343@clgrps12, "xkatx" wrote:

I turned around to see why she was so quiet in the kitchen with me,
only to catch her JUST before she put a dead fly in her mouth.
Sand and dirt I can handle. Crumbs of food, sure. Even toys in mouthes is
perfectly fine for me. I MUST draw the line at certain dirth things - and
flies are one of them... I really don't dig anything that chills out in sh*t

Last summer our chooks free-ranged in our back yard. So did DS2. I turned
around one day and found him *spitting out* a dry chook poo. Naturally the
bits left in his mouth were no longer dry, but mud! And we were having a new
toilet installed, so the water was disconnected and I couldn't wash his mouth
out!

No ill effects, of course, and I imagine he'll have a cast-iron digestion.
But it sounds that, charming as DS2 is, xkatx won't dig him....

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old August 26th 06, 07:49 PM posted to misc.kids
Just Mel

what is a chook?
wrote:

[...]

"Parenthood is like the modern stone washing process for denim jeans. You
may
Kerry Cue

Old August 26th 06, 08:33 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"Just Mel" wrote in

what is a chook?

a chicken.
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be