movement often enough?

Old July 8th 03, 09:11 PM
Eva Huld Valsdottir

Default movement often enough?

Hi. I was wondering, how often can you feel the baby move in a day? I
started to feel movement around week 17 I think, but now, at 23 weeks,
I feel so little and week movements, I thought theyŽd be stronger by
now. I can feel a little something usually in the mornings, one or two
kicks (well not even kicks, more like movement) during the day, and a
little in the evening, one or two? THought IŽd feel more.

Eva.
Old July 8th 03, 09:28 PM
Astromum

Eva Huld Valsdottir wrote:
Hi. I was wondering, how often can you feel the baby move in a day? I
started to feel movement around week 17 I think, but now, at 23 weeks,
I feel so little and week movements, I thought theyŽd be stronger by
now. I can feel a little something usually in the mornings, one or two
kicks (well not even kicks, more like movement) during the day, and a
little in the evening, one or two? THought IŽd feel more.

It depends on a number of things what you feel and how often you feel it.
At 23 weeks there is still quite a lot of room, and the kicks may not be
all that strong for you to notice, especially if you are doing other things
at the time. The location of the placenta is a big issue: anterior placenta
'absorbs' the movement so you don't feel all that much. And some babies are
just more active than others. There is no problem as long as you keep feeling
movement consistently, either frequent or less frequent. Only if you feel a
lot less or nothing at all for a day, you should worry.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 8th 03, 09:44 PM
kereru

I feel so little and week movements, I thought theyŽd be stronger by
now. I can feel a little something usually in the mornings, one or two
kicks (well not even kicks, more like movement) during the day, and a
little in the evening, one or two? THought IŽd feel more.

Eva.

You will feel more! 23 weeks is early days, osme first time Mums are still
waiting for a first kick by then. If your placenta is on the front or you
are a big girl you can feel less. Sounds totally normal to me.

Old July 9th 03, 04:02 PM
Valerie Rake

kereru wrote:

I feel so little and week movements, I thought theyŽd be stronger by
now. I can feel a little something usually in the mornings, one or two
kicks (well not even kicks, more like movement) during the day, and a
little in the evening, one or two? THought IŽd feel more.

Eva.

You will feel more! 23 weeks is early days, osme first time Mums are still
waiting for a first kick by then. If your placenta is on the front or you
are a big girl you can feel less. Sounds totally normal to me.

FWIW, when we had our ultrasound Monday, it was very clear that baby was
moving around a lot more than I was feeling. Little squirt wriggled
around and jumped off my bladder the whole time, but I only felt two
bumps. (And for all that wriggling, babe still didn't move into a good
position to get the picture of the heart and related veins that the
doctor wanted or the look between the legs that DH wanted!).

Valerie

Valerie