everyone's due dates

Old July 13th 03, 11:30 AM
Linz

Default everyone's due dates

On 10 Jul 2003 19:36:37 -0700, (Mary S.) wrote:

Sorry, everyone -- we're on vacation and dialup access is very spotty,
and google won't let me post more than a few messages at a time, so no
nice due-date posts this month!

How many weeks are you/ what's your due date month?

I'm 24 weeks now, due early November if all goes as well as it has so
far!

How are you feeling? Physically, emotionally, hormonally?

Overall, wonderful! I appear to be "blooming" and "glowing" -
colleagues wander up to me and tell me how good I'm looking, which is
never a bad thing!

Physically - I am back to swimming most weeks, and can do my 500m
comfortably, but stop if I start feeling too many BHs. I get them if I
walk too far or too fast, too, and have decided to use them as a gauge
of whether I'm overdoing things.

Emotionally I feel great. I appreciate Bloke and what he's doing for
me, and I let him know because I want him to know that while there are
tired days when he gets it in the neck for a minor failing (if you
leave the milk jug out all day, you get a jug full of yoghurt. If you
do it three days in a row I am likely to stamp my foot...) there are
far more good days where I love his enthusiasm and the way he treats
me.

Hormonally - I haven't noticed hormones for a while. If there are any
to speak of, they're the ones that make Bloke very happy :-)

Any new pregnancy developments?

I think we've started having hiccoughs. Plus there are some really
strong bouncy kicks now and again that Bloke finds absolutely
fascinating. In fact, I've noticed four different kinds of movements:
the very specifice jerky hiccoughy movements
the kicks
the tickling movements inside
the "turning over" bulgy movements

How are you feeling about the birth and about the baby?

Excited. Especially as the community midwives are supportive about the
idea of an older first-time mum having a home birth - with, naturally,
the proviso of "if all continues as well at is has".

What else is going on?

The nursery is coming on a treat - it has been thoroughly painted in a
nice warm yellow, the new blue carpet comes in a couple of weeks at
the same time as the furniture (chest of drawers and wardrobe) which
will give us something to do over our holiday in August (putting it
all together). Bloke is sanding down the cot for a repaint, I'm
practising putting bits of the buggy together. We need to buy a few
"hardware" things - mattresses, change mat, linen - then we're into
actual 'baby' stuff, which I'm not doing till I've visited various
friends to pick up things they're donating!

I know it's a bit lame, but what can you do...

You can enjoy your holiday and tell us all about how Sproutkin enjoyed
it when you get back.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks
Old July 13th 03, 02:21 PM
Crystal Dreamer

"Nina" wrote:
Shouldnt have clicked that link, I have been doing good about avoiding my
Sims. Its just to uncomfy to sit in the chair now, but geeeeeee, I bet
theres some really good stuff here...

LOL, You know it! And we just updated last night
I gotta say I work with some of the best people there are.

--
-Crystal Dreamer
http://www.livin-it-up.net

Old July 13th 03, 05:21 PM
Nina

"Linz" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:34:37 GMT, "Nina"
wrote:

"Linz" wrote i

I think I'm 24 weeks, I'm embarassed to admit I am not keeping track

very
well. Im due the 30th of October, the same day my daughter was due 8

years
ago.

I'm due on Nov 1 and am 24 weeks, so I guess you are too!

Ooooh, we can race! My daughter who was due the 30th or 31st of OCt,
actually made it here the 8th of Nov. *sigh* I lose every time!

I read somewhere that first babies are often late, so don't
necessarily assume this means you won't beat me - this is my first!

Scan-wise, they've been measuring me about a week ahead, which means
in theory we could shift my due date to 26 October, but if I'm likely
to go a bit late I'd rather stick with my LMP-date, which didn't worry
the midwives at all.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks

Both of mine were late, one was due Oct 31st and got here Nov 8th, the other
due June 16th and got here July 1st. I am really hoping to go into labor on
my own this time, don't wanna go 2 weeks over. *sigh*
So, we shall see...

Old July 13th 03, 05:23 PM
Nina

"Linz" wrote
Scan-wise, they've been measuring me about a week ahead, which means
in theory we could shift my due date to 26 October, but if I'm likely
to go a bit late I'd rather stick with my LMP-date, which didn't worry
the midwives at all.

My babies all measure big and come late.By size, I am also at 26 Oct, but I
have no hopes of having an early baby since the other 2 were big and late.
*sigh*

Old July 13th 03, 07:59 PM
Linz

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:21:45 GMT, "Nina"
wrote:

Both of mine were late, one was due Oct 31st and got here Nov 8th, the other
due June 16th and got here July 1st. I am really hoping to go into labor on
my own this time, don't wanna go 2 weeks over. *sigh*
So, we shall see...

Sounds like you cook them a bit longer than average! One of my friends
has only had pre 42-weekers because she was induced. One was induced
at 38 weeks and, she says, definitely looked "underdone"" and like he
could have made use of the extra 3 or 4 weeks.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks
Old July 13th 03, 10:34 PM
Nina

wrote:

Both of mine were late, one was due Oct 31st and got here Nov 8th, the

other
due June 16th and got here July 1st. I am really hoping to go into labor

on
my own this time, don't wanna go 2 weeks over. *sigh*
So, we shall see...

Sounds like you cook them a bit longer than average! One of my friends
has only had pre 42-weekers because she was induced. One was induced
at 38 weeks and, she says, definitely looked "underdone"" and like he
could have made use of the extra 3 or 4 weeks.
--
EDD 1/11/03
22 weeks

Mine were 8 lbs 12 oz and 8 lbs 15 oz. I think they could have handled a
little early induction,

Old July 14th 03, 01:25 AM
kereru

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
kereru wrote in message
Huge (got told I look ready to give birth yesterday) starting to
feel a bit physically challanged, bending over to pick things up
is no picnic (with a toddler this happens a lot!).

Get one of these: http://tinyurl.com/gsym!! It is so hard for me to
even touch the floor now, but I picked up the toys scattered across our
whole family room in under 10 minutes this morning with a reacher like
this. It was so easy. I couldn't find the exact one I got, to show you
on-line. When I went to CVS in person yesterday, they had one called
The Gopher that was only ~$9. It was in the "As Seen On TV" section.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

That's a great idea. I could use it to put my undies on too, that's becoming
a bit of a challenge.

Thanks :-)