coffee question

Old July 9th 03, 06:56 PM
Sara

Default coffee question

Hi everyone,

Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to me!
But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Sara
Due Dec 7, 03

Old July 9th 03, 07:08 PM
kadunk

In article , Sara wrote:
Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to me!
But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Hi, Sara! My OB said that decaf was fine and up to one cup of regular a
day was also fine. Hope that settles your mind! I've been drinking
decaf, 1 cup a day, and have avoided caffeine.

-kim
edd 3/4/2003

--

i'm just a girl in the world

Old July 9th 03, 07:51 PM
Nina

"Sara" [email protected] wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone,

Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to

me!
But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Sara
Due Dec 7, 03

I gave in and had a cup of coffee last week, it was SOOOOO GOOOD. I figure
one cup in 5 months would'nt be too bad. The baby didn't go mad. Once when I
was about 7 months with my son, I drank a Coke and he practically started
doing backflips!
Nina

Old July 9th 03, 08:44 PM

"Nina" thought everything was going well until Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:51:21
GMT, when "Nina" wrote the following to misc.kids.pregnancy :

"Sara" [email protected] wrote in message
. ..
Hi everyone,

Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to

me!
But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Sara
Due Dec 7, 03

I gave in and had a cup of coffee last week, it was SOOOOO GOOOD. I figure
one cup in 5 months would'nt be too bad. The baby didn't go mad. Once when I
was about 7 months with my son, I drank a Coke and he practically started
doing backflips!
Nina

I've had no desire for coffee in the past few weeks. I've switched to tea.
Old July 9th 03, 09:04 PM
Welches

Sara [email protected] wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone,

Im almost 19 weeks pregnant and the smell of coffee is really getting to

me!
But I mean in a good way, lol. I just want it! I was never a big coffee
drinker, I always hated it. But now, its a must! Or so it seems.
Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Sara
Due Dec 7, 03

I can smell coffee at 50 yds. I think coffee drinking should be banned in
public places, and at MIL's house (who practically chain drinks it) ;-P
Anyone else drinking coffee is definitely bad for me anyway... cola on the
other hand is my caffeine addiction.
Debbie

Old July 9th 03, 09:44 PM
==Daye==

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:56:22 -0400, "Sara" [email protected]
wrote:

Does anyone know if drinking decaf is bad for mom/baby?

Drinking decaf is fine so long as you are drinking water too.
That is how my doctor put it to me. He also said that a cup or 2
of the fully loaded stuff a day is fine -- again, so long as you
are drinking water.

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Old July 9th 03, 09:49 PM
==Daye==

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:49:55 GMT, "Alicia Elliott"
wrote:

Hope
you find a good brand of decaf!

If you can get it in your country, Moccona is the absolute best
brand of decaf. I am a coffee drinker. I love a good cup of
coffee. I drink instant and real coffee. Moccona tastes like
fully loaded coffee. Some decaf taste like coffee flavored water
-- yuck!! Moccona doesn't.

Here is their webpage: http://www.moccona.com.au/internet/

Disclaimer: I don't work for Moccona, but I LOVE their decaf!

Old July 9th 03, 10:34 PM
Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)

wrote in message
[...]

Some teas have more caffeine than coffee. Beware.

theother Cheryl

Old July 9th 03, 11:02 PM

"Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)" thought everything was going well until Wed, 9
Jul 2003 17:34:23 -0400, when "Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)" wrote the
following to misc.kids.pregnancy :

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I'm drinking tetleys "British Blend"
Old July 14th 03, 07:16 AM
H Schinske

Some teas have more caffeine than coffee. Beware.

theother Cheryl

Tea has more caffeine than coffee *per pound*, but you use so much less tea
*per cup* that each cup usually has much less caffeine than the same volume of
brewed coffee.

--Helen

Review: Coffee and Cigarettes (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 2nd 04 07:14 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM