Ok, another name poll :)

Old July 11th 03, 12:59 AM
Kari

Default Ok, another name poll :)

Well, about two weeks before she was born, Theona's name was all
ready to be Fiona. Katrina told someone was it was, and the person
she told misheard it as Theona. Kirk and I decided we liked Theona
better, and there you are.

Michelle
Flutist

Fiona was the first name we had picked actually, how weird No one liked
it, and after hearing tons of negative comments we decided to choose
something else. I like Theona better actually too, its soooo pretty!

Kari

Old July 11th 03, 01:03 AM
Ali's Daddie

"Kari" wrote in message news:8IjPa.92437

Im glad we picked a boy
name before I was even pregnant, (he however, does not have a middle name
picked yet

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due Sept/Oct

We were just the opposite. We committed to a middle name the day we found
out we were having the baby. So we had to find something that would not
sound stupid with it..

Lee was the middle name.

1 suggestion we got for a boy was Brock...

Ok, his name would have been Brock Lee (say it out loud lol)

After that it became a joke finding something silly to go with Lee. Another
favorite silly name was Lola Lee! (I would never have chosen that name for
real though)

After we found out the baby was a girl, we instantly decided on Matthew for
a boy (In memory of Matthew Shepherd, someone who has touched many gay mens
lives), and toyed around with girls names for months. Alegra was originally
going to be spelled Alegrah until I was told that it looked "ghetto"
(whatever that means) I knew that I definitely did not want the "Allegra"
spelling. I also tossed the idea around about Alegre. but nixed that idea
when someone pronounced it the way it is spelled. (sounds like pedigree
sorta) However, we finally decided on a name...

Samantha. but that was quickly changed when late one night, Jarrod was
having a dream of a teenage Samantha getting into something she was not
supposed to get into. I was awakened by him SCREAMING "Samantha Lee, you
have had it now". I woke him and told him to start thinking of other names.
lol

My favorite name though was Jacinda. I have loved the name for years, but
made the mistake of naming a pet that several years ago, and thought the
baby would be traumatized if we named her after a pomeranian lol.

I'll stop now, but choosing names was one of my favorite things to do :-D

--

LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

before you reply to me via email,
please remove your hat

ourHat

Old July 11th 03, 01:06 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Kari wrote:

Ameila Grace OR Paige Noelle

I like Amelia, and obviously like Grace too. A friend's
daughter is named Paige, and she is just the greatest. She's
so fun and spunky! She's the first Paige I've known personally,
and she's really sold me on the name. I never would have thought
about it previously, but now I really like it.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 11th 03, 01:14 AM
Denise

"Kari" wrote in message

Well, about two weeks before she was born, Theona's name was all
ready to be Fiona. Katrina told someone was it was, and the person
she told misheard it as Theona. Kirk and I decided we liked Theona
better, and there you are.

Michelle
Flutist

Fiona was the first name we had picked actually, how weird No one liked
it, and after hearing tons of negative comments we decided to choose
something else. I like Theona better actually too, its soooo pretty!

Kari

I really like Fiona for my 3rd dd until the two oldest went on a Shrek trip
where all they would watch was Shrek for days at a time.

Old July 11th 03, 01:15 AM
Nina

"Kari" wrote in message

"Nina" wrote in message
t...

"Kari" wrote

Ya know what's strange? I have a Noah and our boy name pick is Gabriel

and
we aren't even Christian.

Neither were Noah and Gabriel!

Really? Interesting. Goes to show how little *I* know.
Thanks for posting that, now I can say that when someone says anything to

us
about it

Kari

lol
I hope I am not missing any sarcasm here. But yeah, Gabriel was/is an angel
and Noah was ,uh not sure what he was.... Jews, Christians and Muslims use
the name Gabriel, not sure about Muslims and Noah.

Old July 11th 03, 01:19 AM
Nina

"Ali's Daddie" wrote After that it became a joke
finding something silly to go with Lee. Another
favorite silly name was Lola Lee! (I would never have chosen that name for
real though)

Knew a guy named Mitchell Lee, for whatever reason he was referred to ONLY
as Mitchell Lee, never Mitchell.

After we found out the baby was a girl, we instantly decided on Matthew

for
a boy (In memory of Matthew Shepherd, someone who has touched many gay

mens
lives), and toyed around with girls names for months. Alegra was

originally
going to be spelled Alegrah until I was told that it looked "ghetto"
(whatever that means)

That means it looks like something lower class black parents would use, a
made up name OR the name of a popular product that seems upscale, turned
into a baby name. Porsha, Mercedes (both are real names, but become Ghetto
when spelled weird), Alize, Crystahl (like the drink), Alexus (alexis+
lexus).

Old July 11th 03, 01:28 AM
Denise

"Nina" wrote in message
t...

[...]

I know plenty of "ghetto" people who are neither black or lower class. As a
matter of fact, my neighbor and I refer to the lady down the road as "ghetto
fabulous." She drives a Lexus with dubs and never bothers brushing her hair
or wearing anything but sloppy sweats.

Old July 11th 03, 02:07 AM
Kari

I vote Amelia Grace because Grace is my middle dd's middle name and Amelia
is close to Emily, my oldest dd's name. I used to really like the

name
Paige but I associate it with some not so pleasant bops from high school
now. But Paige Noelle does sound good. I think Amelia sounds better with
Kaylie and Noah though.

My sister said it sounds too trendy (Paige) and though I dont know any
Paige's, I can see how that may be true. We liked Emily a LOT but then with
the popularity of the name, I wasn't sure. I fell in love with Amelia since
it is so similar to Emily. I love Grace as well, and would probably be using
it for the first name but it doesn't flow well with our last name.

Kari

Old July 11th 03, 02:40 AM
Shelly

my hubby's name is Jamie-Lee yes that is his first full name.. I love it..

--

Shelly
Mommy to Zachariah
t...