Past Due Support

Old July 17th 04, 03:19 PM
Bob

Default Past Due Support

Rebecca Floyd wrote:
There is nothing wrong with that at all. The people on here that constantly
give negative feedback are the ones who wouldn't know how to be a man if
they tried.

Too bad, bimbo, it's not up to sorry ass ****s to tell MEN what it takes
to be a man. You wouldn't know a MAN if he turned you over his knee and
spanked your sorry ass until next thursday.

Bob

"LouKing" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...

What is wrong with everyone? I thought this was a message board a person
could get help with some questions. I got a lot of negative feed back.
What the heck is wrong with trying to get some help in raising my kids -
which are not just mine - they are mine and his - he who decided drugs and
alcohol were more important than his kids so he disappears for 6 years and
I work two jobs making sure my kids can have a decent life. Now he is
remarried and so am I - my husband pays child support and my ex lives
however he wants to live with no responsibility to his children. I was
just shocked at the negative feed back. I have a good job and work hard
so didn't give me crap about sitting back trying to live off him. I just
want to make sure my kids will get a chance for a better life by going to
college. I know life isn't fair but I do know I should make him
accountable.

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old July 17th 04, 06:09 PM
teachrmama

"Rebecca Floyd" wrote in message
m...
Hey Jerk ... a college education is a right! If you don't believe this

then
I would feel very sorry for your children. You brought those children

into
this world ... you should give them every opportunity to have the most
successful life they can possibly have. That includes giving them a

college
education.

Access to a college education is a right. Having a college education gift
wrapped and laid at your feet is not. There are scholarships, loans, and
jobs available, si it isn't like anyone does not have access to a college
education. I do not see why that is even in question.

For your information, as long as it is a Settlement Agreement, forcing a
parent to provide a college education is possible.

If forcing parents to pay for college for their children were done across
the board, and every parent had the same requirement, that might be
considered fair. Or, if we are only looking at divorced parents, both
parents were ordered to pay into a college fund each month from the date of
divorce--and the payments were garnished from their paychecks, then it might
be almost ok. But when only the NCP is forced to pay, then it is NOT ok.
And that is what the complaints are about.

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"LouKing" wrote in message

lkaboutparenting.com...
What is wrong with everyone?

Maybe we should start with you......want the list?

I thought this was a message board a person
could get help with some questions.

You thought wrong.

I got a lot of negative feed back.

So?

What the heck is wrong with trying to get some help in raising my

kids -
which are not just mine - they are mine and his - he who decided drugs

and
alcohol were more important than his kids so he disappears for 6 years

and
I work two jobs making sure my kids can have a decent life.

We are not responsible for your poor decision making

Now he is
remarried and so am I - my husband pays child support and my ex lives
however he wants to live with no responsibility to his children. I

was
just shocked at the negative feed back. I have a good job and work

hard
so didn't give me crap about sitting back trying to live off him. I

just
want to make sure my kids will get a chance for a better life by going

college. I know life isn't fair but I do know I should make him
accountable.

Free hint for the clueless......a college education is NOT a right or
entitlement.

Old July 17th 04, 09:25 PM
Gini

In article , Rebecca Floyd
says...

Hey Jerk ... a college education is a right! If you don't believe this then
I would feel very sorry for your children. You brought those children into
this world ... you should give them every opportunity to have the most
successful life they can possibly have. That includes giving them a college
education.

====
Hey, could you send that message to my parents? I had about 30k in student loans
and thought *I* was responsible for it. Didn't realize my parents owed me that
money. Cool. Maybe I should have them secure my rights to the money for student
loans with a life insurance policy. They are in their 70s now.
====
====

Old July 17th 04, 09:27 PM
Bob Whiteside

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Rebecca Floyd" wrote in message
m...
Hey Jerk ... a college education is a right! If you don't believe this

then
I would feel very sorry for your children. You brought those children

into
this world ... you should give them every opportunity to have the most
successful life they can possibly have. That includes giving them a

college
education.

Access to a college education is a right. Having a college education gift
wrapped and laid at your feet is not. There are scholarships, loans, and
jobs available, si it isn't like anyone does not have access to a college
education. I do not see why that is even in question.

I believe going to college is an opportunity, not a right. If it were a
right, everyone would get a college degree. Here are a few statisitics from
several sources that breakdown college education facts.

86.5% of high school students complete high school. (National Center for
Education)
62% of high school completers enroll in college. (National Center for
Education)
59% of college enrollers graduate in 6 years. (NCAA Div-1 All-Student
Graduation Rate)
31.6% of high school students complete a 4 year degree. (I did the math)

Out of 1,000 HS students 865 graduate, 536 enter college, and 316 graduate
within 6 years.

For your information, as long as it is a Settlement Agreement, forcing a
parent to provide a college education is possible.

If forcing parents to pay for college for their children were done across
the board, and every parent had the same requirement, that might be
considered fair. Or, if we are only looking at divorced parents, both
parents were ordered to pay into a college fund each month from the date

of
divorce--and the payments were garnished from their paychecks, then it

might
be almost ok. But when only the NCP is forced to pay, then it is NOT ok.
And that is what the complaints are about.

At the risk of being too esoteric, the complaint I have goes beyond only the
NCP being required to pay CS to an adult child attending school. The
student is hurt in multiple ways by the current system. Because CS drives
up the out-of-pocket cost of education (the EFC) the student needs to take
out higher student loans. If the CP uses the CS for care and maintenance,
rather than tuition, the student must take out higher student loans. If the
CP doesn't pass the education tax credits on to the student, the student
must take out higher student loans. If the CP refuses to take out a Parent
Loan, the student must take out higher student loans.

The Appeals Court in my state has clearly defined that CS for pre-18
children is for care and maintenance. And Post-18 CS is defined as
advancing the state's interest in an educated populace. The problem I found
seen is CP's don't understand that distinction and the student gets hurt in
the long run for all the reasons I listed above.