Strep b and bathing

Old July 25th 05, 08:27 PM
Vijay

Default Strep b and bathing

If I am strep b positive should I not bathe with my new baby?

Old July 25th 05, 09:47 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Vijay wrote:

If I am strep b positive should I not bathe with my new baby?

I seriously doubt there's any problem with bathing.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 26th 05, 02:59 PM
Vijay

Oh, I didn't mean that she would actually get *sick* I know that's not
likely, she's already 6 weeks old and exclusively breastfed. I just
wondered (without getting too graphic) won't the bacteria be floating
around in the tub and maybe cause her to be colonized?

-Vijay

Old July 26th 05, 03:12 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Vijay wrote:

Oh, I didn't mean that she would actually get *sick* I know that's not
likely, she's already 6 weeks old and exclusively breastfed. I just
wondered (without getting too graphic) won't the bacteria be floating
around in the tub and maybe cause her to be colonized?

There's a potential risk, I suppose, but my understanding
is that person-to-person transmission is rare, outside of very
intimate contact.

Best wishes,
Ericka