Failed 1h glucose test

Old January 6th 04, 01:18 AM
Coccinella

Default Failed 1h glucose test

Hello everybody,
I just found out today that I failed the 1h glucose test and I am due for
the 3 h next Wednesday. Oh well. Is it bad that I am not worried at all? I
just loved the solution so much that probably, unconsciously, I wanted to
have some more of it!
We heard again the heartbeat and the Dr told us that the baby is doing fine.
She also said that in the past 4 ww my belly has grown quite a bit. She
thinks our girl is going to be a big baby! After all I was 7 lb and 13 oz at
birth. Anyway the Dr was very reassuring and said that she will monitor the
baby closely so that she doesn't become too big.
It's also amazing that on 02/02 I am going for my last 4 ww appt. it really
feels like I am in the final stretch! It is so exciting. I have started
knitting a blanket and cleaning up the baby room. Is this what they call
nesting?
Hope everybody is doing fine.
I am off to knitting.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 6th 04, 04:28 AM
New York Jen

"Coccinella" wrote in message
om...
[...]

It's not bad at all that you're not nervous! I think it's wonderful that
you're mellow about it! Gestational diabetes is no fun, but it's usually
quite manageable with diet. I had it with my son and I'm due for the 3 hour
test this week because I failed the 1 hour this time as well.

They were concerned that my son was getting too big from the sonograms, and
you know what? He was 6 pounds, 7.5 ounces. He was such a peanut! He was
11 days early, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Just stay
on top of your sugars if you turn out to be diabetic and I'm sure you'll do
great.

Good luck!

- Jen

Old January 6th 04, 08:35 PM
Coccinella

Thank you very much Jen. I am even more relaxed now.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 7th 04, 06:36 AM
CY

I failed my 1 hr too and passed the 3hr w/flying colors. I discovered
afterwards that Terbutaline (I was on to stop pre-term contractions) causes
a false positive. Just thought it was worth mentioning to others...I wasn't
concerned about mine either. It was the last of my worries!!! Have fun, I
liked the stuff too!!

Old January 7th 04, 01:21 PM
Carol Ann

:: Hello everybody,
:: I just found out today that I failed the 1h glucose test and I am due for
:: the 3 h next Wednesday. Oh well. Is it bad that I am not worried at all?
:: just loved the solution so much that probably, unconsciously, I wanted to
:: have some more of it!

What does failing mean? Does this mean you have gestational diabetes?

:: We heard again the heartbeat and the Dr told us that the baby is doing
fine.
:: She also said that in the past 4 ww my belly has grown quite a bit. She
:: thinks our girl is going to be a big baby! After all I was 7 lb and 13 oz
at
:: birth. Anyway the Dr was very reassuring and said that she will monitor
the
:: baby closely so that she doesn't become too big.

Wahoo!! Congratulations!!

:: It's also amazing that on 02/02 I am going for my last 4 ww appt. it
really
:: feels like I am in the final stretch! It is so exciting. I have started
:: knitting a blanket and cleaning up the baby room. Is this what they call
:: nesting?

Hey, we are due at the same time! Wow, we really don't have much more time!
ARGH!!

The nesting instinct for me is more of panic with delegation!

LOL!

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old January 7th 04, 09:19 PM
Mary S.

I just found out today that I failed the 1h glucose test and I am due for
the 3 h next Wednesday. Oh well. Is it bad that I am not worried at all? I
just loved the solution so much that probably, unconsciously, I wanted to
have some more of it!

Ew. Good luck with the 3-hour test; I've heard it's totally
nauseating but otherwise no big deal.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
(and hoping for another)
Old January 8th 04, 04:43 AM
H Schinske

CY wrote:

I failed my 1 hr too and passed the 3hr w/flying colors. I discovered
afterwards that Terbutaline (I was on to stop pre-term contractions) causes
a false positive.

Interesting ... it didn't have any effect on mine. At least I'm *pretty* sure I
was on terbutaline by the time I had the glucose test with the twins, and I
know I passed it easily.

--Helen
Old January 8th 04, 04:56 AM
Coccinella

"Carol Ann" wrote in message

What does failing mean? Does this mean you have gestational diabetes?

I think it just meant that I had to have the 3 h test. I had it this morning
and it wasn't bad at all. They were very nice with me and whenI started to
feel weak they put me on a bed in an exam room. I actually slept for the
last hour! I hope I did not snore!

Hey, we are due at the same time! Wow, we really don't have much more

time!
ARGH!!

I know! I just start to be a little impatient to see her face. I am curious
because I am the typical Italian dark hair and dark eyes (for generations
in my family!) and DH is typical Irish darkish blond and blue eyes (there is
also red hair in his family but all of them have blue or green yes!)

How are your prenatal classes going?

Love
--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 8th 04, 08:29 PM
Cam & Shane

Congratulations on making it through - how soon do you get the results - I
thought you should be able to get them straight away....

It will be very interesting to see what your daughter looks like - I am
thinking the same thing - mainly the eye colour bit

Camille

"Coccinella" wrote in message
m...

Old January 10th 04, 02:45 PM
Carol Ann

::: Hey, we are due at the same time! Wow, we really don't have much more
time!
::: ARGH!!
::
:: I know! I just start to be a little impatient to see her face. I am
curious
:: because I am the typical Italian dark hair and dark eyes (for
generations
:: in my family!) and DH is typical Irish darkish blond and blue eyes (there
is
:: also red hair in his family but all of them have blue or green yes!)
::
::
:: How are your prenatal classes going?

I'm 1/2 Korean with dark hair and brown eyes, but my father has black hair
and blue eyes (as does his side of the family being Jewish). The father of
the baby is Irish/Indian but his side of the family is made up of blondes
and brunettes ALL with green or blue eyes.

I would like my daughter to LOOK Asian, but be tall and have greenish eyes.
But, honestly, if she is healthy and strong...I'll be happy!!!

My classes are okay! I was a bit frightened by the film I saw of a natural
childbirth, but it was nice to learn that I can have just about anything I
want in my LDR room. I didn't know that the baby would be with me the
entire time!

The car safety course was okay, but I wished they had used dolls to show us
how to put the baby in and out of the seat. It was primarily about how to
put the seat in the car properly. I had no idea it was so important to have
the seat angled properly and that it was supposed to be rear facing. Really
great class for everyone to take AND I received a free seat!

I have 5 more Prepared Childbirth Classes (one each Wednesday from 7 - 9
pm)and Prenatal Childcare, Infant CPR and Breastfeeding classes all to be
taken in February! Wahoo!

My Baby Shower has been moved to February 22nd which is fantastic because it
gives me time to work on the registry and gives my girlfriends time to plan
to fly in! I just can't wait. I'm going to try and make it a long weekend
again with my friends! Wahoo!!!

~Carol Ann

Are you taking classes???