May due dates

Old January 3rd 04, 06:13 PM
Mary S.

Default May due dates

Halfway there! How's everyone doing? Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while? Kicks and
tumbles? Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds? Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes? It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!). Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

Mary S.
Old January 3rd 04, 07:46 PM
Jill

"Mary S." wrote in message
om...
Halfway there! How's everyone doing?

Morning sickness went away at exactly 20 weeks, and now all I deal with is
occasional nausea/vomiting if I smell something mainly.

Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while?

Making the switch to looking pregnant now!

Kicks and
tumbles?

Still flutters.

Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds?

Have not had the glucose test yet. Triple screen came back normal.
Ultrasound found a girl.

Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes?

Don't have an official birth plan yet, but I know mainly what I want. I'd
rather wait and see what happens- if I don't happen to need pain relief then
I don't want it unnecessarily but I am prepared to know my options and if I
am in a lot of pain I will have an epidural or other alternative. I am not
ruling it out but I can't plan on it either, because I might be surprised
and able to manage the pain. I don't want episiotomy unless it is very
medically necessary. The only person to be allowed in the delivery room with
me will be my husband and I have made it clear I will not accept visitors
during the first week home, with the concession that if I do feel great and
up to it, I will let people know, but the plan is, stay away.

Basically my plan is to stay flexible. I am a bit worried because my husband
can't take off from work to be with me as the due date nears and will be up
to an hour away in traffic plus the 15 or more minutes to the hospital in
traffic. This makes me nervous. I am going to start a thread on this.

Old January 4th 04, 02:20 AM
Angela Schepers

Halfway there! How's everyone doing? Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while? Kicks and
tumbles? Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds? Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes? It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!). Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

Mary S.

Doing ok, feeling pretty uncomfortable due to constipation, indigestion
and heartburn though. I've looked noticably pregnant (I think) for the
past few weeks and I'm definately starting to pooch out a bit. I've
felt light flutters since 14 weeks and been feeling a lot of kicks, jabs
and thumps, some noticable on the outside, for the past 3-4 weeks. DH
got to feel a kick last night for the first time and he was so excited!
Finally he could get a little more involved in the baby itself. No
glucose test yet, no amnio, going for 1st ultrasound next week, and
declined the triple screen test. So I'm still pretty much in the dark
about everything. Haven't written a birth plan yet, only seen my doc
twice and nurse once but they seem ok, and only been to one childbirth
class so far (we're behind) though I already knew everything that was
lectured upon. Labor seems like it's forever away though I know it's
really not that far. I guess I'm just getting anxious. I know I'm
ready to meet this baby it's that he/she's not ready to meet me yet!

Angela
21wks2days

Old January 4th 04, 02:34 AM
Nancy P

"Mary S." wrote in message
om...
Halfway there! How's everyone doing? Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while? Kicks and
tumbles? Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds? Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes? It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!). Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

Mary S.

I feel great. Starting to feel physically tired towards the end of the day,
especially if I do a lot of walking. I look really, really pregnant, lots
of kicks and tumbles. No more subchorionic hemorrhage or placenta previa,
no activity restrictions, woohoo! Declined the triple screen, ultrasound
shows a healthy baby girl. Birth plan formulating in my head, love my
midwife, life is good!
Thanks for asking, Mary!

Nancy
edd 5/13/04

Old January 7th 04, 06:55 PM
SMK

Mary S. wrote:

Halfway there! How's everyone doing?

So far so good!

Making the switch into "wow, I
really look pregnant now" or have you been there for a while?

Although I feel I have been there a while, i think people can only
notice now.

Kicks and
tumbles?

Lots of them. Very reassuring. The other day after my midnight trip to
the bathroom, I suddenly could not remember the baby kcking all day and
then next morning, I did. And was so relieved.

Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from
the triple screen, ultrasounds?

Yes, as I posted, the u/s showed 99% normal anatomy. No amnio, no Quad
test, glucose not yet.

Happy with your birth plans, your care
providers, checked out childbirth classes?

Not going to opt for classes. No birth plan as such except as natural as
possible(except for the epidural ;-) ).

It's practically never too
late to change, if you're feeling uneasy (our birth center had new moms
switch to their care as late as 34 weeks!).

I am changing my OBGYN because I am moving from PA to MD.

Putting together a (brief!)
birth plan, or does labor still seem ages away? It goes so fast -- and
yet it drags so slowly.

Not yet, I guess will take things as they come, because plans usually
dont work out, do they?

Mary S.

Thanks for doing this,

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old January 10th 04, 10:16 PM
BayouFire

Mary S. wrote:
How's everyone doing?
....Feeling the waddle.

Making the switch into "wow, I really look pregnant now" or have you been
there for a while?
....People are just starting to notice but i have been feeling huge for
awhile. In fact, i gained 15 # last month for a total of 17 # gained. My
doctor has told me to stay away from the refrigerator.

Kicks and tumbles?
....Lots of kicks. The baby loves football and bowling that is when he/she
is most active.

Dealing with the glucose test, a possible amnio, results from the triple
screen, ultrasounds?
....Glucose test and Ultrasound to determine sex is scheduled for February
10. Triple screen was done in December.

Happy with your birth plans, your care providers, checked out childbirth
classes?
....No birth plan set up yet. Love my doctor. Childbirth classes start next
month and the most important class that we have to take (epidural class)

Review: 50 First Dates (**) Steve Rhodes General 1 February 23rd 04 01:22 AM
April due dates Mary Pregnancy 11 September 12th 03 01:34 AM
February due dates Mary Pregnancy 3 September 11th 03 07:12 PM
September & October due dates Kereru Pregnancy 22 August 31st 03 03:52 AM
everyone's due dates Elly Pregnancy 16 July 14th 03 01:25 AM