How soon after circumcision

Old December 22nd 03, 11:23 PM
Jay

Default How soon after circumcision

Can I pull back skin to prevent adhesion for newborn. On one side it looks
normal, but other side underneath cut, you can see some skin that is bulging
out, not sure wat to make of it. Just want to make sure.
I did not do this (retract foreskin) for first son and he has minor
adhesion.

Thanks

Old December 23rd 03, 02:47 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Jay" wrote in message
.net...
Can I pull back skin to prevent adhesion for newborn. On one side it

looks
normal, but other side underneath cut, you can see some skin that is

bulging
out, not sure wat to make of it. Just want to make sure.
I did not do this (retract foreskin) for first son and he has minor
adhesion.

You should have left well enough alone and not mutilated your son and
deprived him of the most intense pleasure a man can experience. Have a look
at some websites... And remember, you are hearing this from a circumcised
man (at birth) who is in the process of restoring his foreskin.

http://homepage.mac.com/rmpayne/index.html
http://www.norm.org/
http://www.foreskin.org/

Old December 23rd 03, 03:03 AM
Chotii

"Cory Dunkle" wrote in message
"Jay" wrote in message
.net...
Can I pull back skin to prevent adhesion for newborn. On one side it

looks
normal, but other side underneath cut, you can see some skin that is

bulging
out, not sure wat to make of it. Just want to make sure.
I did not do this (retract foreskin) for first son and he has minor
adhesion.

You should have left well enough alone and not mutilated your son and
deprived him of the most intense pleasure a man can experience. Have a

look
at some websites... And remember, you are hearing this from a circumcised
man (at birth) who is in the process of restoring his foreskin.

That's not a useful response. A great many people here would have tried to
sway her decision beforehand, but afterward is a bit late for that. So the
question is, how can she avoid doing further damage in the form of
adhesions? Do you know that, Jay? Because unfortunately, I don't.

When the child grows to a teenager, maybe he'll hear about restoration.
Until then, how should his mother care for him?

--angela

Old December 23rd 03, 05:33 AM
H Schinske

angela wrote:

That's not a useful response. A great many people here would have tried to
sway her decision beforehand, but afterward is a bit late for that. So the
question is, how can she avoid doing further damage in the form of
adhesions? Do you know that, Jay? Because unfortunately, I don't.

I'd assume that it would be the same thing you do with a regular foreskin in a
newborn -- leave it alone. It's *supposed* to be adhered in a newborn, so that
you don't get poop under it. However, it's possible that the fact that it's
already been loosened up once for the circ makes a difference. The pediatrician
is the one to ask, really, but I can say that I have never seen any advice in
any baby book to retract the remnant of the foreskin. They just talk about
washing the outside and using a little Vaseline and that kind of thing.

Minor adhesions in older boys can be cleared up with steroid cream (under a
doctor's care, of course), I do know that.

--Helen
Old December 26th 03, 05:15 AM
Neal

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:23:17 GMT, "Jay" wrote:

Can I pull back skin to prevent adhesion for newborn. On one side it looks
normal, but other side underneath cut, you can see some skin that is bulging
out, not sure wat to make of it. Just want to make sure.
I did not do this (retract foreskin) for first son and he has minor
adhesion.

Use a Cue-Tip or something like that, coated with Vaseline, and run it
between the glans and the cut edge. And call your pediatrician as
soon as he is back in the office.

I would say call the doctor who circumcised him, but that was probably
the OB, and they take no responsibility for the results. All they
want is for the check to clear.

And when are you going to get the "minor adhesions" for your older son
fixed? They aren't going to get any better. Best to get them fixed
now rather than let him get them fixed as an adult.

Now the rant: You are a real ******** (pick your own derogatory word)
for making the decision that your sons should be circumcised. I hope
they grow up to decide they didn't want to be and **** on your grave.

--
Neal

Note: To contact, unmunge and remove the " from the address
Old January 6th 04, 03:28 AM
gilda

Hey Jay,

Don't listen to all these jerks who gave unwanted opinions.
I have no kids of my own, but I do feel completely turned off by uncircumcised penises. Not only are they ugly, but they stink! I don't know- maybe it was just the guys that I dated- but the ones who weren't circumcised really STUNK down there. The circumcised guys did not have that problem. Not to be shallow or anything, but I'm so glad my husband is circumcised!

Old January 10th 04, 08:15 PM
Amy

Gilda,
It's a cleanliness issue. Yes, uncircumcised men can smell _if they don't
wash properly_. Small boys need to be taught to pull back their foreskins
and clean behind them, so it becomes habit like brushing their teeth.
I dunno, but our mother chose to teach us to wash behind our ears rather
than have them cut off to save time.
Just my $0.02.

lkaboutparenting.com...