Chest and Back Acne! HELP!

Old January 5th 04, 10:30 PM
Carol Ann

Default Chest and Back Acne! HELP!

I've posted this before, but don't recall much of a response....Does anyone
know what could be causing my horrible chest and back acne and what I can do
to lessen it?

My doctor said, "just use Phisoderm or some other acne wash". This is not
helping.

Any ideas????

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4, 2004
She's a GIRL!!!

Old January 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Carol Ann wrote:

I've posted this before, but don't recall much of a response....Does anyone
know what could be causing my horrible chest and back acne and what I can do
to lessen it?

The best thing I've found is anti-bacterial body wash. Daily. My
favorite is the Dial shower gels... they come in some lovely, mild
scents and are anti-bacterial. Also make sure you keep your bedclothes
clean, wear clean shirts etc every day.

Even if it's just hormones, these things should help *somewhat*.

Old January 6th 04, 12:26 AM
Sophie

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
ink.net...

I've posted this before, but don't recall much of a response....Does

anyone
know what could be causing my horrible chest and back acne and what I can

do
to lessen it?

My doctor said, "just use Phisoderm or some other acne wash". This is not
helping.

Any ideas????

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4, 2004
She's a GIRL!!!

Have you changed hair conditioner lately? That's usually why I get back
acne. I don't think acne body washes work either, switching conditioner
does.

HTH

Old January 6th 04, 12:52 AM
Coccinella

Carol Ann,
I don't have it on my chest, but on the back and face. I found that the
Neutrogena Clear PoreT Cleanser/Mask works for me. My Dr told me that it's
perfectly safe to use and it is the only thing that can contain my acne
breakouts.
Hope this works.

Love
--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 6th 04, 01:31 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Carol Ann wrote:

I've posted this before, but don't recall much of a response....Does anyone
know what could be causing my horrible chest and back acne and what I can do
to lessen it?

My doctor said, "just use Phisoderm or some other acne wash". This is not
helping.

Any ideas????

Wear higher necklines until after the baby is born?
It's all hormonal stuff, and nothing worked for me in any
of my three pregnancies other than having the baby.
Fortunately, it cleared up pretty quickly after that.

My sympathies,
Ericka

Old January 6th 04, 10:15 PM
Susanne Koenig

Had the same problem, but not acne, just bumps. My mother, a CFNP
(Certified Family Nurse Practitioner) mentioned the same thing and it
worked.

You might also want to make yourself a mask of Milk of Magnesia. Just
spread it on, let it dry, and take it off either in the shower or with some
hydrogen peroxide. MOM will knock out bumps like crazy. Read, "Don't Go to
the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" by Paula Begoun. This info is in ANY
edition and is contained in the introduction. She also has a web site:
www.cosmeticscop.com

Sk who cleared up at thirty following Paula's advice!

Old January 6th 04, 11:05 PM
Jill

"Susanne Koenig" wrote
You might also want to make yourself a mask of Milk of Magnesia. Just
spread it on, let it dry, and take it off either in the shower or with

some
hydrogen peroxide. MOM will knock out bumps like crazy

Forgot about this- this really works. When I was younger and had oilier skin
I used a mask of plain MOM (as opposed to mint or cherry flavor yuck) on my
face. It really reduces the oil. You can use it under makeup if you apply it
very lightly enough to where it won't make your face chalky. If hormones are
making your chest or back oilier and that could have something to do with
bumps this is worth a try.

Old January 10th 04, 02:47 PM
Carol Ann

:: Had the same problem, but not acne, just bumps. My mother, a CFNP
:: (Certified Family Nurse Practitioner) mentioned the same thing and it
:: worked.
::
:: You might also want to make yourself a mask of Milk of Magnesia. Just
:: spread it on, let it dry, and take it off either in the shower or with
some
:: hydrogen peroxide. MOM will knock out bumps like crazy. Read, "Don't Go
:: the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" by Paula Begoun. This info is in ANY
:: edition and is contained in the introduction. She also has a web site:
:: www.cosmeticscop.com
::
:: Sk who cleared up at thirty following Paula's advice!

Thanks!!! My doctor said again to use an antibacterial soap and keep the
areas clean. Hmm...

~Carol Ann

At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 08:37 PM
Bumps on my chest, back and face Carol Ann Pregnancy 5 October 29th 03 07:45 PM
Lydia's Birthstory (long) Andrea Pregnancy 29 September 7th 03 07:23 AM
Back Friendly Kid Carrier For Sale HippyDad General 0 July 8th 03 10:24 PM