does anyone know whe they're

Old January 7th 04, 09:12 PM
Christine

Default does anyone know whe they're

having their =91=91shower=92=92.....;-)))

Old January 7th 04, 09:38 PM
Sophie

"Christine" wrote in message
having their ''shower''.....;-)))

As far as I know I'm not having one. Don't need one.

I have a friend due in April who should be finding out the sex this month
(she has a 3 yr old boy already). She's German and I don't think they do
showers (it's really an American thing I think). So I'd love to host one
for her

Old January 7th 04, 09:42 PM
Donna

"Christine" wrote in message
having their ''shower''.....;-)))

I'm not having one, since I had one with my first just a little over a year
ago.

Donna

Old January 8th 04, 02:07 AM
Kat

"Christine" wrote in message
having their ''shower''.....;-)))

My best friend (and another friend that I am no longer in touch with) threw
me a baby shower with DD. So I felt selfish about having another, so my
best friend is having a Blessingway for me this coming Saturday. She and
her mother are hosting it for me. It should be alot of fun.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 8th 04, 08:37 AM
alissa

"Christine" wrote in message
having their ''shower''.....;-)))

I am so not a baby shower person, like the gifts and the gathering of
friends but hate all the silly games so I didn't have one with DD and it's
only customary to have one with your first here.
Alissa

Old January 9th 04, 01:35 PM
Carol Ann

::having their ''shower''.....

I don't know if you are asking WHEN or WHERE we are having our shower, so
I'll answer both!

My first shower will be given by two of my close friends (in Atlanta). We
are planning on having it at one of their homes, but if she has not
completed her home renovations we are moving it to the Ritz Carlton Tea
Room.

It is scheduled for February 8th. I am due March 22 (to Apr 4). She is a
bit late with the invitations (due to the holidays) but most of the invitees
from out of town are aware of the date.

We are having it from 12 - whenever. It will be a champagne brunch style.
I DO want to play games.

Here are a few neat games that seem to be classy AND don't require eating or
drinking anything disgusting:

Guess who?
Instruct guests to bring a baby photo of themselves to the shower. Place all
photos in a focal point, such as the coffee table, and have guests try to
match each baby photo to the guest they belong to. The winner is the person
with most correct guesses. (How cool is that? I love the idea!)

Who knows mommy best?
Come up with 15-20 questions relating to mom-to-be, such as 'what was her
favorite childhood movie?' 'how many children does she want?' 'who was her
elementary school crush?'. What names does she have for picked for the
baby?, What are the color of her eyes?, What are the colors she has picked
for the nursery?, What is her favorite children's character (Pooh, Bart
Simpson, etc.)?, Has she had any crazy food cravings and if so, what was it?
Award a prize to the person with the most correct answers. (I would like
this wouldn't I? It's so about me! LOL!)

Guess her girth
One of the most popular baby shower games! Buy a ball of yarn or string
before the shower. Pass the ball of yarn to each guest and let them cut off
the amount that they think best represents the waistline of the
mother-to-be. After each guest has their string, have the mother to be go
around the room and try out each string by wrapping it around her waist. The
one that comes closest to her actual size wins.

Memories of mommy
Have guests share their favorite memories of mom. Have extra tissues on hand
for mom-to-be when she hears them. (I would like this wouldn't I? It's so
about me! LOL! I'm repeating myself!)

Onesie painting
Supply baby t-shirts or onesie outfits (plain white works best) and puff
paints for your guests. Have them decorate a shirt any way they want, and
keep the finished products either as a keepsake or for baby to wear. (I
really, really, really, love this idea!!! It would be nice to be able to
keep these after the Shower. How cute!!! I can use them to help decorate
the baby's room.)

Write a letter to baby
Have guests write a letter to the baby. These should be saved in the baby's
scrapbook so (s)he can read them when (s)he's older. (How sweet is that?
Might be too time consuming, though.)

Raffle
The attendees buy raffle tickets for a door prize. About $1 per ticket is
common. The grander the prize the better. Maybe one of the attendees could
offer a service (house cleaning, massage, etc.) based on his/her skills. The
guest of honor pulls out the lucky ticket to great fan fair (drum roll,
please). Meanwhile the money is used to start the baby's first piggy bank!
(I could give a bottle of Champagne, Kahlua Gift Set, Baileys Irish Cream?)

I believe I'm also having a shower in Columbus, given by the "Korean
community". It's up in the air right now. However, 100 days AFTER the baby
is born, we have a huge celebration.

It's to celebrate her 1 year birthday (they count gestation). That's
usually when the baby gets lots of gifts. It's so much fun!! The girl gets
allot of attention. The day will be for my mother and the baby. I can't
wait!! I just know it will be fun!

I will be taping all showers! I just can't wait to see my mother with the
baby. She will be a wonderful grandmother.

~Carol Ann

Attached Images

Old January 10th 04, 12:25 AM
Carol Ann

:::: having their ''shower''.....

My shower date has been moved to February 22nd. Wow, 4 weeks before my
delivery date! Wahoo!

~Carol Ann

Old January 10th 04, 07:51 PM
Christine

I don't know if you are asking WHEN or
WHERE

when.

Old January 10th 04, 09:41 PM
Chotii

"Christine" wrote in message
I don't know if you are asking WHEN or
WHERE

when.

Mercy on us. At this point I had to go back and read the original post to
find out what the heck this is about again. When? Where? *What*?

When does one get a baby shower? Well, usually a few weeks before baby is
born, if it's a first baby. Subsequent babies tend to not get a shower at
all. I had my 4th a few months back and quite naturally didn't get a shower
(although in practical terms I could have used one, as my oldest babies were
by then almost 4 years old, and I had gotten rid of all my baby stuff). But
I had 2 showers with my first - one from friends of the family, one from
co-workers, and a 'virtual shower' from my mom's sisters who mailed me
stuff, all within the last month or so before E was born. (This time I did
get a bunch of hand-me-downs from folks, informally, and they were much
appreciated.)

--angela, mom to model numbers DDE6, DDV4, DDA4, and DDG.4167

Old January 11th 04, 09:50 AM
Susanne Koenig

Since I constantly craved--of all things--Vietnamese the entire pregnancy, I
am having it at the local Pho. :-) It's a big joke with all my friends,
because some of them can't stand the thought of eating anything but greasy
Chinese.

Sk

"Christine" wrote in message
having their ''shower''.....;-)))