wedding hesitation... :(

Old January 8th 04, 06:33 PM
Jamie Clark

Default wedding hesitation... :(

Regarding the "forgiving style," if you can, opt for an empire waist
dress -- this could show some cleavage, but skim over any left over belly.
The neck line would show off your "assets" and the rest of the dress would
hide any belly left over.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 8th 04, 06:41 PM
Jamie Clark

I don't want to get married while I'm pregnant cause I don't want to see
pictures later and think 'Oh my God, I look so big' type thing. We also need
the time to save up for the wedding.

In that case, you might want to wait longer than 2 months post partum.
Either that, or just accept that you will not be your most slim, but the
weight you carry will be proof of your sweet baby.

Old January 8th 04, 07:01 PM
She's A Goddess

"Sophie" wrote in message

You were down to your pre-pregnancy weight at *2* months post-partum??

Wow,
I only gained 26 lbs with Patrick and it took way longer than 2 months to
get back to somewhat normal.

Yup. I gained 28 pounds the first time and almost 40 the second time and
was at pre-preg weight by 3 weeks each time.

I would go with an Empire waist dress with ties in the back so you can
adjust it to your size/shape. I would also have the baby there, like

other
said, with someone there to whisk him out if needed.

Ditto'd.

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (28 months) and O. Boy (6 months)

Old January 8th 04, 07:42 PM
Sue

Sophie wrote in message
You were down to your pre-pregnancy weight at *2* months post-partum??

Wow,

Only with the last baby because I breastfed her. The other two children were
formula fed and no I was definitely not down to pre-pregnancy weight, lol.
It was quite shocking to me to loose all of the weight while breastfeeding.
It was incredible. I didn't even look like I had a baby. But, then I gained
it all back when I stopped P

--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old January 8th 04, 08:13 PM
Sophie

"Sue" wrote in message
Sophie wrote in message
You were down to your pre-pregnancy weight at *2* months post-partum??

Wow,

Only with the last baby because I breastfed her. The other two children

were
formula fed and no I was definitely not down to pre-pregnancy weight, lol.
It was quite shocking to me to loose all of the weight while

breastfeeding.
It was incredible. I didn't even look like I had a baby.

Wow, very neat.

But, then I gained
it all back when I stopped P

Awww bummer!

--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old January 8th 04, 08:30 PM
Jill

"Jody Pellerin" wrote My
problem: I'm due June 29th and I have no idea what size I'll be when I get
married. What would you guys do? I really don't want to buy a dress around
here.

This one is easy. Order your dress many sizes larger and find a good
seamstress to alter it. You would not believe how much larger my wedding
dress was than the size we had it altered down too. It is much better to
alter down than to alter up. I mean seriously, my dress was like 6 sizes too
big and after alterations it looked like it was made for me. Finding a good
alterations person is key, and you will need to keep in touch with her for
fittings near the wedding date etc....but this should be nothing to worry
about and the dress will end up fitting- make the last fitting as close to
the wedding as you can.

.. My future MIL doesn't think I should. I don't know what to do. What
do you guys think?

I think this is up to you. Keep in mind that you won't want to deal with a
screaming baby inside the wedding. If you decide to take the baby, can you
have someone there who can attend to the baby and take the baby to a private
location, a back room etc if the baby gets fussy? So you and DH and guests
won't have to hear baby screaming? This is a suggestion if you want the baby
there.

2 months is young, and I would be tempted not to have the baby there so
young, you could arrange for a sitter. 2 months old is a very young immune
system and too young to even know what is going on, and it may be easier to
leave baby at home with a sitter. I think it is entirely up to you. I myself
would probably arrange for a sitter.....

Old January 8th 04, 08:50 PM
lynn

In article ,
"Jody Pellerin" wrote:

Matt and I are getting married September 3rd of this year. I want to order
my dress online. I'm waiting on an email back from the company to see how
long shipping will take and how far in advance I should order it. My
problem: I'm due June 29th and I have no idea what size I'll be when I get
married. What would you guys do? I really don't want to buy a dress around
here. If I deliver by my due date, I'll have about two months to lose the
water retention and weight. I don't know how successful that's going to be
though.

Second problem: The baby will about two months old when we get married and
it's going to be a Catholic ceremony... meaning probably long. For
sentimental reasons, I want my baby there. My mother won't be there as she
just passed away October 22nd. I haven't seen my father in two years.
There's going to be very little immediate family there as it is. I'm also an
only child. But the logical thing is probably not to take the baby to the
wedding. My future MIL doesn't think I should. I don't know what to do. What
do you guys think?

Well, here's how I was 2 months after my baby was born - weepy,
exhausted, not getting more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep at a stretch, and
dealing with post-partum depression. We did a plane trip and big
vacation weekend with family when the baby was 7 weeks old, and I burst
into tears and/or snapped at DH every day from the stress.

Physically, I was still very sore, certainly too sore for sex. (I don't
know what "honeymoon" plans you have.) And while I had lost a lot of the
weight, my belly in particular was very loose, saggy, and jiggly (plan
on a girdle maybe?).

I guess what I'm saying is I definitely wouldn't have been up for a
wedding at that point. OTOH, you're 20, right? I was 33. Maybe your body
will bounce back faster. In any case, keep it small, keep it simple, and
keep your expectations low.

As to your other question, I would definitely bring the baby to the
ceremony, and arrange for a caregiver to take the baby out if he/she
cries or fusses. You will want to know that you have your *whole family*
there, and years later your child will be happy to know he/she was there
(and it'll be fun to see baby in the wedding photos).

- Lynn
Old January 8th 04, 10:07 PM
Anne Rogers

Well, that depends on your metabolism as well as your diet post partum. My
best friend lost all of her pregnancy weight and then some within a month of
her daughter being born and she didn't breastfeed. If you have a fast
metabolism I don't think you should worry if you aren't planning to
breastfeed. I would certainly get your mesurements done now and then buy a
size up. You can then have it altered closer to your wedding.

I'll back that up, I was down to 2kg above my prepregnancy weight after a
weeks, I weight very slightly more now at 7 months, if I cut down the food
I eat my milk supply dips drastically.

Old January 8th 04, 10:09 PM
Anne Rogers

In that case, you might want to wait longer than 2 months post partum.
Either that, or just accept that you will not be your most slim, but the
weight you carry will be proof of your sweet baby.

not necessarily, my friend and I gave birth 2 weeks apart last summer, I
think either of us could have looked great at a wedding later in the
summer, we'd have just had a good bustline!

Old January 9th 04, 12:15 AM
Hillary Israeli

In szgLb.89640$I07.423582@attbi_s53,
toypup wrote:

*
*"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
* altered to fit your normal prepregnancy weight. Make sure there is room in
* the bust in particular. Also make sure the neck is stretchy or that you
* can lift your breast out of the bodice or something so you will be able to
* nurse!
*
*I think she said she's not BF'ing.

Yeah, that was later, not in the original post. Whoops. I guess that part
isn't important then!