Morning sickness. Ugh.

Old January 9th 04, 08:28 PM
Donna

Default Morning sickness. Ugh.

"Jill" wrote in message
r.com...

My ms was sooooo bad and it didn't matter what I did for 5 months. I can't
*imagine* having to change diapers through it. I would get sick just

hearing
my cat scratching in her litter box, without even smelling anything! B6
helped in general. Zofran helped a little bit. Sometimes nothing hepled.

Oh, you poor thing. As bad as this is for me right now, I know it's going
to end pretty much any day now. I can't imagine having morning sickness for
five months. That's beyond horrible. The absolute worst of my morning
sickness last time lasted about ten days. I swear five months of that kind
of nausea and vomiting would kill me. You poor thing.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll start by asking my husband to bring home
some surgical masks and I'll see if that will help.

Thanks again, everyone.

Donna

Old January 9th 04, 08:41 PM
A&G&K

"Jill" wrote in message
r.com...
I am not sure if this will help with heaves coming from smelling diapers

or
seeing diaper sights, but have you tried taking 50mg Vitamin B6 2-3 times
per day? My OB recommended this and it seemed to help me more than

anything
at the height of my ms, BUT, I can't say that it would stop you from

heaving
at a smell or offending food or sight etc. (Ask your doctor if B6 is ok

for
you if you think it's worth a try).

My "Blackmore's" morning sickness formula (capsules) contains both ginger
and Vit B6. It works OK-ish.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old January 9th 04, 09:49 PM
Jill

"Donna" wrote
I swear five months of that kind
of nausea and vomiting would kill me. You poor thing.

I really felt like it was going to drain the life out of me! The good side
is that for the past few weeks I have been breathing better, my sinuses
aren't so stuffy, and I can pretty much eat anything I feel like eating. I
have a low appetite but am not sick at all.

Strangely enough once I got over the morning sickness, I now sleep like a
rock. I mean, I literally sleep way too much. I have gone from waking up
early every morning and being unable to sleep past 5 am, to being unable to
wake up and literally have accidentally slept until noon! I feel like I
should sleep while I can because I guess that will get worse again in the
3rd trimester.

Old January 10th 04, 12:36 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Donna wrote:

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message

Donna wrote:

I am at the height (or I devoutly hope so, anyway) of my morning

sickness

this time around. The problem I'm having is that whenever I have to

change

my daughter's diaper, it sends me into unstoppable dry heaves. ten,

twenty

in a row, all while I am changing her diaper, and for about five minutes
afterwards. It's just awful. I've been assuming that there really

isn't

anything to do other than tough it out for a few more weeks, but just in
case, does anyone here have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

Donna

Well, I haven't experienced this, so I don't really know. This is just
a suggestion: Is it *slightly* better if you breathe through your
mouth? You could get one of those swimmers' nose plugs, or something,
and it would take away from it a bit.

I'm not sure that will help, because right now I have my turtleneck pulled
up over my nose and mouth, and I'm breating through my teeth. But I can
definitely give the swimmer's plugs a try - I haven't got anything to lose,
after all. I really like your idea about the fan. I've put one in the
room, and will give it a shot.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Donna

Hey, no problem. When dealing with smells, always ask an asthmatic. ;-)

Old January 11th 04, 10:43 AM
Susanne Koenig

Hey, no problem. When dealing with smells, always ask an asthmatic. ;-)

NO KIDDING. Me and chlorine bleach... great friends!

Sk

Old January 11th 04, 10:45 AM
Susanne Koenig

I am not sure if this will help with heaves coming from smelling diapers
or
seeing diaper sights, but have you tried taking 50mg Vitamin B6 2-3 times
per day? My OB recommended this and it seemed to help me more than

anything
at the height of my ms, BUT, I can't say that it would stop you from

heaving
at a smell or offending food or sight etc. (Ask your doctor if B6 is ok

for
you if you think it's worth a try).

My mom (the CFNP) is a big B advocate as well and I think had mentioned this
to me at the beginning of the pregnancy.

Sk

Self-hypnosis for morning sickness? V Pregnancy 1 January 2nd 04 11:06 PM
Morning sickness = depression Jill Pregnancy 32 December 16th 03 09:02 PM
Morning Sickness Defender Pregnancy 9 December 3rd 03 03:57 PM
morning sickness question alissa Pregnancy 7 November 1st 03 01:06 PM
Morning sickness relief Ilse Witch Pregnancy 3 October 6th 03 09:48 PM