VULVA vs. VAGINA (episiotomy anatomy - again)

Old August 2nd 03, 08:49 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default VULVA vs. VAGINA (episiotomy anatomy - again)

PREGNANT WOMEN: Help protect your VAGINA by helping to protect your BABY'S
BRAIN at birth...

Sounds crazy but... MDs are slashing vaginas en masse -
surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring they are doing everything possible to OPEN
birth canals even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%.

It's EASY to open your birth canal the "extra" up to 30% - just roll onto
your side as you push your baby out - but see WARNING, WARNING, WARNING at
the very end of this post.

NOTE: I'm NOT saying here that allowing your birth canal to open maximally
will prevent ALL vaginal tears - intentional or unintentional. Sometimes
vaginas tear - and tear badly - regardless of birth position. Rather, I am
saying two things,: 1) it is OBVIOUSLY CRIMINAL for MDs to close birth
canals; and 2) this massive MD birth crime - closing birth canals - is only
worsened when MDs slash vaginas and FRAUDULENTLY claim they are doing
everything possible to open birth canals.

Michael C. Klein, MD writes: "I think it is important to recognize that
episiotomy is a deliberate second degree tear." [Birth. Letter.
2002;29(1):74]

All women should start recognizing that the vast majority of episiotomies
are OBVIOUSLY CRIMINAL deliberate second degree tears "performed" by
extremely nice criminals called MDs.

I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic prime
cuts forced through this culture's most powerful mental meatgrinder -
medical school.

BIZAR As MDs ILLEGALLY slash vaginas en masse, STUART HYDERMAN, DC
recently took me to task for discussing a LEGAL vagina surgery (the piercing
of Nurse Jenn's vagina).

See below....

Stuart's ongoing BIZARRE behavior reminds me: Stuart once agreed with Rich
Andrews who said episiotomy has "nothing to do with the vagina."

Given Stuart's most recent bizarre behavior, it occurs to me that Stuart may
*still* believe that episiotomy has "nothing to do with the vagina."

Does anyone *else* believe that episiotomy "has nothing to do with the
vagina"?

For my initial response to Stuart and Rich's bizarre "nothing to do with the
vagina" antic...

See Perineum: Greek for 'between anus and scrotum'
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....earthlink.net

I subsequently publicly assumed that Stuart no longer believed that
episiotomy has "nothing to do with the vagina"...

Here is a substantial excerpt of the post wherein I assumed (perhaps
erroneously) that Stuart no longer believed that episiotomy has "nothing to
do with the vagina"...

VULVA vs. VAGINA... Some anatomy...

What is an episiotomy?

The MD places a scissors blade IN the vagina (see
below)...then cuts perineum and vagina!

Yet Rich Andrews wrote:

"[E]pisiotomy has nothing to do with the vagina."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...216.1 68.3.44

Stuart Hyderman, DC AGREED!

"Yes, I know, the perineurium [sic] is cut. It's near posterior vaginal
opening."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...usplanet .net

Dictionary:

"...episiotomy...surgical incision
into the perineum and vagina..."

See Perineum: Greek for 'between anus and scrotum'
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....earthlink.net

Stuart, who apparently read my statements, now says:

"Todd's assertions aren't really whacky..."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...M9.12408%24Zv4.
530456%40news2.telusplanet.net

[Aug. 1, 2003 update: Stuart, you made an error of anatomy and never
acknowledged it. Please acknowledge.]

But Rich Andrews persists!

Rich Andrews = THE ANTI-VAGINA!

Rich is now saying I don't know my anatomy:

"Todd...has no clue about anatomy due to the statements he has made..."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...A9664AC5C1mc25
00183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Rich erroneously summarizes my position:

"[Todd]...says that episiotomies should be outlawed because MD's have no
business slashing
vaginas. As strange as this may seem, It is true."

Earth to Anti-Vagina Rich! Routine episiotomy with the birth canal closed up
to 30% is *already*
outlawed - MD-funded law enforcement just isn't prosecuting - yet...

It doesn't just *seem* strange - it *is* strange (and true!): MDs have NO
business slashing vaginas (euphemism "routine episiotomy")
FRAUDULENTLY/surgically inferring that everything possible is being done to
OPEN the pelvic outlet - even as they CLOSE the pelvic outlet - up to 30%.

Anti-Vagina Rich states an impossibility...

"Actually [episiotomy] is done to the vulval orifice and not to either the
vagina, vulva, or perineum...."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...AC5D76E5ECmc25
00183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Arrrggghhhh...

Orifices *can't* be cut...

Orifices can only be WIDENED (or narrowed) - by operating on the STRUCTURES
that form them.

Episiotomy involves cutting of vulval AND vaginal structures.

Rich added:

"[Todd] doesn't know the difference between a vagina and a vulva...It is all
so close a[s] to make no difference at all. ([Todd's] words, not
mine)".
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...AC5D76E5ECmc25
00183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Todd *never* said the vagina and vulva are "so close as to make no
difference
at all." (!)

But those words are true!

MDs have no business slashing vaginal OR vulval structures (euphemism
"routine episiotomy") FRAUDULENTLY/surgically inferring that everything
possible is being done to OPEN the pelvic outlet - even as they CLOSE the
pelvic outlet - up to 30%.

It makes NO difference (at all!) what one CALLS the vaginal/vulval
structures being slashed!

Getting back to Rich's original statement, "[E]pisiotomy has nothing to do
with the vagina"...

According to a 2003 text, Maternity Nursing (Mosby: St. Louis, 6th edition):

"The...vulva...include[s the]...vaginal orifice." (p. 47)

PhD anatomists Moore and Dalley state:

"During VAGINAL surgery and labor, an episiotomy - a surgical incision of
the...lower, POSTERIOR VAGINAL WALL - is often made (p. 391)..."
[Moore and Dalley (both PhDs). Clinically Oriented Anatomy. Lippincott
Williams & Wilkins. 4th edition. 1999, emphasis added.]

On p. 391, there is Fig. A...an illustration of the Vestibule of [the]
VAGINA....

Thus, BEFORE any cutting starts, the MD's scissors are through the vaginal
vestibule and into the vaginal orifice...

According to the PhD anatomists...

"[E]pisiotomy...[is]...a surgical incision of the perineum and lower,
posterior vaginal wall...often made to enlarge the vaginal orifice."

Moore and Dalley write about the vestibule of the VAGINA...

"[T]he...VAGINAL orifice open[s into it...] (Figure 3.46, p. 412)..."

Again quoting the Anti-Vagina:

"It is all so close a[s] to make no difference at all. ([Todd's] words, not
mine)".
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...AC5D76E5ECmc25
00183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Again, those weren't my words - but they are true! It *is* all so close -
and it makes no difference what is being senselessly sliced - it is still
senseless slicing!

Moore and Dalley place OTHER pertinent vulval structures (the labia minora
and
their fusion, the fourchette) QUITE close to the vagina!

"The labia minora...immediately surround...the vestibule of the VAGINA...In
young women, especially virgins, the labia minora are connected by a small
fold - the frenulum of the labia minora...fourchette...(p. 413)..."
[Moore and Dalley (both PhDs). Clinically Oriented Anatomy. Lippincott
Williams & Wilkins. 4th edition. 1999]

Williams Obstetrics makes reference to "the posterior VAGINAL fourchette (p.
37)..."
[Cunningham et al. (all MDs). Williams Obstetrics. NY: McGraw-Hill 2001]

REMEMBER: When these close vulval structures are cut, the MD's scissors are
ALREADY IN THE VAGINA!

AGAIN quoting Rich Andrews' original statement:

"[E]pisiotomy has nothing to do with the vagina."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...2A82DC1C51mc25
00183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Episiotomy has a LOT to do with the vagina!

Rich now adds:

"[An episiotomy cut] is much quicker and easier to heal than a tear."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...B7889B60mc2500
183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Marie replied to Rich:

"You got this statement backwards. A cut is only easier to *repair*; a tear
heals easier and quicker, usually without the muscle tissue damage and pain
caused by a cut."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...16331%24C06.25
01%40news.bellsouth.net

Rich replied:

"Didn't know there was any muscle involved with an episiotomy."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...B139435C1Emc25
00183316chgoill%40216.168.3.44

Marie replied, citing webmd.com:

"A routine episiotomy cuts through skin, vagina mucosa, and three layers of
muscle..."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...16645%24C06.10
407%40news.bellsouth.net

JennP (this is not Nurse Jenn) also helped Rich understand that episiotomy
involves muscle...

"Heck yeah! An episiotomy is an automatic 2nd degree cut which is into the
muscle. If you tear, you might just tear the skin on the surface. Why
automatically have a more serious cut if you don't know how you will tear
if, at all!"
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ut put=gplain

(Michael C. Klein, MD writes: "I think it is important to recognize that
episiotomy is a deliberate second degree tear." [Birth. Letter.
2002;29(1):74])

Earth to Rich!

VAGINAL muscle is cut in episiotomies, as in,

"The vagina...[is]...a MUSCULOmembranous tube" (p. 371, emphasis added***)

***Moore and Dalley (both PhDs). Clinically Oriented Anatomy. Lippincott
Williams & Wilkins. 4th edition. 1999....

According to Williams Obstetrics [2001]:

"Lacerations of the VAGINA and perineum are classified as first, second,
third, or fourth degree...[with f]irst-degree lacerations involv[ing] the
fourchette, perineal skin, and VAGINAL mucous membrane but not the
underlying fascia and muscle...[T]he repair of perineal tears is virtually
the same as that of episiotomy incisions..." (p. 325)

Marie noted for Rich a study which showed "6 percent of women who had
episiotomies suffer from persistent pain during sexual
intercourse." (citing webmd)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...16645%24C06.10
407%40news.bellsouth.net

MAYBE cutting the MUSCULOmembranous VAGINA is going to make the vagina hurt
when it contracts (or is made to expand), as during sex...

Sometimes, episiotomies have a lot to do with the ANUS and RECTUM.

Jenn Vandusen, RN ) wrote:

"[i]'ve seen many midline [episiotomies] rip and extend into the anal
sphinct[e]r...."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...37999%24L47.49
23072%40read2.cgocable.net

Yep!

According to a 1990 National Institutes of Health study, relative to not
touching the vagina (i.e., relative to letting it tear if it is going to
tear) episiotomies
cause fifty times MORE severe tears clear to the anus - tears which can
result in temporary or permanent anal incontinence - i.e., some women
having to wear diapers for the rest of their lives. [Shiono et al. Obstet
Gynecol 1990;75(5):765-70. In Klein et al. Online J Curr Clin Trials
(Jul1)1992, Doc. No. 10]

In 1993, episiotomy was called "the most frequent cause of maternal
morbidity associated with childbirth" [Reynolds JL. The final blow to
routine episiotomy (a commentary on Klein et al.) Birth
1993;20(3):162-3]...

Yet in 1994, FOUR years after the grisly truth about episiotomy was
revealed (see Shiono et al, 1990; cited above), episiotomy was still
being promoted by obstetricians as part of normal birth! [See Pernoll and
Biswas. Currents in Obstetrics NY: Appleton-Lange 1994]

In her 1994 book How Your Baby Is Born, Harvard obstetrician Amy Tuteur
demeaned as "fashion" the practice of refusing routine episiotomies and
falsely inferred that episiotomies prevent severe tears:

"Lately, it has become fashionable to refuse an episiotomy...but it?s
important to understand that the consequences may very well include even
more stitches and more postpartum discomfort than an episiotomy may
cause." [Tuteur AB. How Your Baby Is Born. Emeryville, CA: Ziff-Davis
1994]

Rich, if you are reading, PLEASE stop being The Anti-Vagina.

Please stop your clinical and anatomic tomfoolery and help stop the obvious
massive MD crime against women...

It is associated with a massive crime against BABIES...

Rich, MDs have no business slashing vaginas OR vulvas (euphemism "routine
episiotomy")
FRAUDULENTLY/surgically inferring that everything possible is being done to
OPEN the pelvic outlet - even as they CLOSE the pelvic outlet - up to 30%.

And Rich, I say again: I never said mass assault and battery by MDs should
be outlawed.

I said it is *already* outlawed - MD-funded law enforcement is just failing
to prosecute.

You - The Anti-Vagina - are just helping to perpetuate the obvious MD crime
against women - and babies.

Please stop being The Anti-Vagina.

Thanks for reading everyone,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

This article will be archived for global access within 24 hours. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Rich Andrews, Anti-Vagina"

"Jenn Vandusen" wrote in message
Do people not understand that we monit[o]r the[ir] baby for a reason? or

does
that seem odd to some?

Stuart Hyderman, DC replied:

"It does seem odd to me, in the absence of any prior abnormal indications,
and especially if the monitering process itself interferes with the mother's
desire to change her positions. I understand the reasoning for monitering to
assist if things go wrong, but as far as I know, childbirth is not a disease
process or surgery. I wasn't 'monitered' when I was born, although many
have attempted to do so
since.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...r=&ie=UTF-8&se
lm=I98N9.23604%24k13.405704%40news0.telusplanet.ne t

Stuart's remark reminds me - early editions of Williams Obstetrics noted
that women spontaneously assumed an upright position in late second stage.
The French surgeon Michel Odent, MD writes of a "fetus ejection reflex"
which causes the woman to get off her backside....

Onward....

JENN'S GENITAL PIERCING was "by far" her "fav mod yet"...

"by far my fav mod yet and yes it does make a difference.....i have written
about my experiance and you can read it at bmezine.com..."
http://www.geocities.com/tangle22/MyMods.html

Clicking on Jenn's link...
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/10-fem.../trinotyo.html

One finds her "mod" article...

BEGIN excerpt of Nurse Jenn's "mod" article

Not You're Ordinary Tom, Dick or Harold!
At A Glance
Author Jenn
Contact
Artist Harold Smith
Studio Black Star
Location Kingston, Ontario

There were several issues I had and pain is one of them...[T]here's one
thing that I still rerun through my mind, and that's the freezing process.
When he was about to put the freezing on he told me it might burn, but let
me tell you, saying it might burn is like a doctor saying you may feel some
discomfort before he sets your broken bone...[T]he burning was enough to
make u want to scream...".

....As the needle started to go through it pinched a lot but wasn't as bad as
I thought...Yes it did hurt but it was a very short quick pain...I said
Harold u rock that was totally not as bad as I thought!!!!!!!!

....All in all, it took about 60 minutes from the time I arrived in the
room until the time I left.

....Would I do it again? Definitely! And I would recommend it to anyone who
was
thinking about getting it done. I love the way it looks and I can't put that
damn hand mirror down..

Does it make any difference sexually? Ask me that again in a few
months......

["by far my fav mod yet and yes it does make a difference.....i have written
about my experiance and you can read it at bmezine.com..."
http://www.geocities.com/tangle22/MyMods.html]

So if you're ever in Kingston take a trip down to Black Star and talk with
Harold he might leave u with a lasting impression like he did with me..
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/10-fem.../trinotyo.html

END excerpt of Nurse Jenn's "mod" article

END substantial excerpt of Squatting, Nurse Jenn's genital piercing, the

Anti-Vagina - and Kingston General's Human Mobility Centre...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e... earthlink.net

Both Nurse Jenn and Stuart Hyderman DC have trivialized the massive
obstetric crimes I persistently protest...

Recently, Nurse Jenn wrote:

"Todd...I want see some real data that proves this theory of side lying as
opposed to squatting or whatever other position you say is improper...SO
SHOW ME THE DATA"
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...cgocable.ne t

I corrected Nurse Jenn's misunderstanding of what I am saying...

See Nurse Jenn's vagina again (also: Frances Cowan, PhD: 'injuries of
perinatal onset remain poorly understood')
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....earthlink.net

Stuart ignored the fact that Nurse Jenn had got my "theory" wrong.

Stuart wrote:

"Todd, you haven't considered that discussing someone's vagina in public
without their permission is grounds for another libel lawsuit that you can't
afford."
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...usplanet.n et

**Nurse Jenn** discusses her vagina in public! I just quoted her in
discussing her obvious gaffs!

Instead of acknowledging his obvious anatomy error, Stuart is still making
pejorative reference to the fact that I spent $2000 dollars plus in an
unsuccessful attempt to get a libel lawsuit moved from California to Oregon.

In a nutshell: "Chiropractic" attorney Michael Schroeder, former chairman
of the California Republican Party sued me for libel for agreeing with
former law professor now attorney/chiropractor David Prescott that Rule 302,
authored by Schroeder (and I SAY in effect *judicially rubberstamped* by
Schroeder), unlawfully restricts the scope of chiropractic practice in
California.

See Nurse Jenn's article, "Not You're [sic] Ordinary Tom, Dick or Harold!"
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/10-fem.../trinotyo.html

I lost on jurisdiction
and did not have the money to fight a lawsuit in California. Attorney
Schroeder was awarded a default judgement for $25,000 dollars (he was asking
for a million).

Attorney Schroeder has yet to sue the above mentioned David Prescott - the
former law
professor who thinks Schroeder's Rule 302 unlawfully restricts chiropractic
scope of practice.

I *still* think Attorney Prescott is right...

Furthermore, if Attorney Schroeder's Rule 302 does unlawfully restrict the
chiropractic
scope of practice in California, Attorney Schroeder *did* "bilk" the State
of California out of the reported hundreds of thousands in DC licensing fees
he "earned" while defending the chiro board from the "attack" by 10
MD-obstetricians et al.

Even now that he has his
default judgement against me - Attorney Schroeder is STILL failing to go
after the 10
MD-obstetricians who "challenged" his Rule 302 thereby helping him to
judicially rubberstamp his Rule 302 and "earn" thousands and thousands in DC
licensing fees in the process.

Attorney Schroeder may be *working* for the obstetricians.

Why *else* would "chiropractic" Attorney Schroeder fail to act to stop
MD-obstetricians from closing birth canals and gruesomely manipulating most
babies' spines at birth?

Maybe Attorney Schroeder just hasn't looked into the simple biomechanics -
or the obvious LIES which MDs are telling to cover-up?

Why would he ignore obvious lies?

Why is STUART (a DC who presumably understands biomechanics!) failing to
protest the mass MD spinal manipulation
crime against babies?

EPISIOTOMY HAS A **LOT** TO DO WITH THE VAGINA...

Stuart Hyderman, DC obviously got his anatomy wrong.

Stuart has yet to acknowledge his error - let alone call for an end to the
mass MD spinal manipulation crime against babies...

WHY IS STUART BEHAVING SO BIZARRELY?

Does he REALLY believe that episiotomy has nothing to do with the vagina?

Does he really believe that MDs aren't closing birth canals up to 30%?

CHIRO SILENCE... There are no doubt indirect benefits to be had - backroom
political plums to be had - when DCs lie to support obviously criminal
behavior of powerful cultural authorities - MDs in this case.

I still think chiropractic orthopedists will eventually come through like
big dogs...

I'm hoping they will be able to announce a victory at the September 2003
American Chiropractic Association House of Delegates meeting...

See Chiro orthopedists and global UNREST - and babies...

Any chiro orthopedists reading? Unfortunately, the chiro trade unions are
lying in silence - probably because they don't want MDs to further expose
ongoing x-ray/subluxation Medicare radiation fraud...

See US Atty Genl to 'quackbust' CSICOP 'skeptics'? (For PJ Lisa via Tim
Bolen)

I suspect Stuart pejoratively alluded to Schroeder's lible lawsuit against
me again because he wishes to garner indirect benefits for the chiropractic
profession.

Stuart knows full well that people assume that if a lawsuit has been filed
against someone that someone must be guilty.

Stuart has first-hand knowledge of the power of this common assumption.
Stuart once lied and publicly indicated he'd never been sued. When I
discovered Stuart *had* been sued, I pointed it out. Instead of admitting
he lied - Stuart whined about how I hadn't pointed out that he prevailed in
the lawsuit. (!)

See again: Perineum: Greek for 'between anus and scrotum'
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....earthlink.net

Stuart, I didn't KNOW that you prevailed in that lawsuit - so I didn't
report it. (I am taking your word that you prevailed. I see no evidence of
your victory on the web. I may be the first to publicly acknowledge that
you prevailed. I hope you are not lying about that, too.)

Regarding Schroeder's lawsuit against me - it is a FACT - that the merits of
the case were never argued.

It is *also* a fact that Schroeder - like you - is failing to protest the
massive MD spinal manipulation crime.

Unlike you though, Schroeder has not publicly agreed with someone who thinks
episiotomy has nothing to do with the vagina.

Stuart, please acknowledge your various errors. Join me in protesting MDs
closing birth canals and slashing vaginas en masse.

MDs *are* surgically/FRAUDULENTLY pretending everything possible is being
done to OPEN birth canals - even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%.

MDs are also committing a mass spinal manipulation crime in the process...

Thanks for reading, everyone,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS PREGNANT WOMEN! It's EASY to open your birth canal an "extra" up to
30%!

Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out! PLEASE talk to your MD
about this NOW...

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING: Some MDs will let women "try"
side-lying and
other
"alternative" delivery positions - but they will move women back to
semisitting -
close their birth canals (!) at
the very worst possible moment (as the baby is coming out)...

See GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT - my invited poster presentation at a recent
obstetric congress co-sponsored by the American College of Obstetricians and
Gynecologists/ACOG. (NOTE: GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT is on the web: Search
"GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT
Paciornik"...)

***This post will be instantly archived for global access at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2085.

Within 24 hours it
will be in the google archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "VULVA vs. VAGINA... Some anatomy again (esp.