TOOTHPASTE can kill?

Old April 19th 04, 08:56 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default TOOTHPASTE can kill?

Are well-meaning DENTISTS poisoning the water supply as well-meaning MDs
close birth canals? See the postscript...

PREGNANT WOMEN For instructions on how to open your birth canal an "extra"
up to 30%, see the very end of ths post...

TOOTHPASTE can kill?

"A family-sized tube of fluoridated toothpaste (7 oz.)
contains enough fluoride
to kill a small child of up to 20 pounds
if the entire tube is consumed."
--Dr. John Yiamouyiannis, Fluoride the Aging Factor, Second Edition, Health
Action Press, 1986, p. 16.
http://www.aquasafe.us/20lbinfant.htm

QUICK fluoridation education slide show at: www.AquaSafe.us

FLUORIDE RESEARHER SAYS:

"As a toxicologist involved in fluoride research for over ten years, I was
stunned by the Calgary Regional Health Authority's glib comment proclaiming
water fluoridation safe. The 'fifty years' of studies about fluoride safety
do not exist. The 'ongoing intensive research on fluorides and
fluoridation,' does not exist, certainly none investigating safety."
-- Dr. Phyllis Mullenix, PhD, Research Scientist
Letter to Calgary Councillors, 1997
http://www.aquasafe.us/Help%20Pages/links.htm

EPA SCIENTISTS OPPOSE FLUORIDATION OF WATER?

"EPA scientists, engineers and attorneys...have gone on record against the
practice of adding fluoride to public drinking water...On Wednesday, July 2,
1997...professionals at EPA headquarters in Washington, D.C., voted
unanimously to co-sponsor the California Safe Drinking Water Initiative that
would reverse the State Legislature's 1995 law mandating fluoridation...
http://www.sonic.net/kryptox/news97.htm

WATER FLUORIDATION **CAUSES** TEETH PROBLEMS?

"As reported in the Washington Post, June 16, 1997; page C5, The Food and
Drug Administration requires this new warning label on all fluoride
toothpaste and dental care products shipped after April 7, 1997: 'If you
accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or
contact a poison control center immediately.' The new warning is a part of a
trend that began in 1991 as it became recognized that small children have a
tendency to swallow enough toothpaste to cause dental fluorosis or fluoride
poisoning. Dental fluorosis is a widespread side effect of using fluoride
toothpaste and fluoridated water. White spots, brown stains and pitting of
enamel are signs of dental fluorosis.
http://www.sonic.net/kryptox/news97.htm

"[D]ental literature concedes that any decay-reducing effects are the result
of topical application of fluoride, not ingestion of it through water.
Well-meaning dentists and newspaper writers aren't getting the true facts
about fluoride and fluoridation. Read them at www.aquasafe.us
-- Susan Stockton, Clearwater
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/03/16/Pa...ure_to_f.shtml

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Letting well-meaning dentists poison our water supplies makes as much
sense as letting well-meaning MDs close our mothers' birth canals...

CAM reportedly means "unproven"...

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
Medicine
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2256

MD CAM practitioners (obstetricians) are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals (up
to 30%!)...

Here is simple PROOF from The Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

WHY are OBs and CNMwives waiting until the
head is
out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby maximum pelvic outlet
diameter?

WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads through birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%?

(An estimated 4.6% of "healthy" term babies suffer unexplained brain bleeds!
And babies actually suffer DENTS in their skulls - "pingpong" skull
fractures - though most of these dents/"pingpong" fractures pop out.)

THE KICKER

OBs and CNMwives are
KEEPING birth canals closed when babies' shoulders get stuck!

That is, the Merck Manual method for increasing the diameter of the pelvic
outlet - merely hyperflexing the mother's thighs - is BAD McRoberts
maneuver...

BAD McRoberts maneuver does not roll the woman off her sacrum and therefore
does
NOT increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet!

See ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

PREGNANT WOMEN: MDs are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals up
to 30% by using dorsal and semisitting delivery.

It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.
Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out - or deliver on
hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

BEWARE though: Some MDs and CNMwives will let you "try" "alternative"
delivery positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting (close
your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

Talk to your MD or CNMwife about this TODAY.

MDs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must - first get the
woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

My thanks to that fine chap who sent me the
www.aquasafe.us link.

Within 24 hours this post will be in the Google usenet groups archive.
Search http://groups.google.com for "TOOTHPASTE can kill?"

Old April 19th 04, 11:53 PM
tech27

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
k.net...
Are well-meaning DENTISTS poisoning the water supply as well-meaning MDs
close birth canals? See the postscript...

PREGNANT WOMEN For instructions on how to open your birth canal an "extra"
up to 30%, see the very end of ths post...

TOOTHPASTE can kill?

"A family-sized tube of fluoridated toothpaste (7 oz.)
contains enough fluoride
to kill a small child of up to 20 pounds
if the entire tube is consumed."

So does a family size bottle or rum, if the ...........

Old April 20th 04, 12:28 AM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

Are well-meaning DENTISTS poisoning the water supply as well-meaning MDs
close birth canals? See the postscript...

PREGNANT WOMEN For instructions on how to open your birth canal an "extra"
up to 30%, see the very end of ths post...

TOOTHPASTE can kill?

I like mine with fava beans and a fine chianti....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Steve
--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY

Old April 20th 04, 09:56 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default 'Hannibal the Cannibal' water?

THIS IS HOT!

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation
John Colquhoun, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Published in: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine Volume 41, page 29-44.
1997
http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html (via www.aquasafe.us)

IS FLUORIDATED WATER "HANNIBAL THE CANNIBAL" WATER?

Hannibal Lecter, MD said (in Silence of the Lambs):

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=379771

Steven Bornfeld, DDS said on the usenet:

"I like [my fluoride toothpaste] with fava beans and a fine
chianti....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

"Hannibal the Cannibal" Steve the Dentist was humorously responding to my
post, "TOOTHPASTE can kill?"
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2480

OPEN LETTER

Steven Bornfeld, DDS

Steve,

Your humorous "Hannibal the Cannibal" "response" trivializes fluoride
toxicity.

Is fluoride toxicity really that trivial?

Hydrofluorosilicic acid is what is generally used in water, yet you don't
even mention it in your FAQ.
http://www.dentaltwins.com/ (Click on "Dental FAQ")

You infer in your FAQ that 1ppm fluoride in drinking water is safe.

How do you know that 1ppm fluoride is safe?

How do you know that 1ppm fluoride from *hydrofluorosilicic acid* is safe?

Look at the difference in solubility between Calcium Fluoride (17ppm) and
hydrofluorsilicic acid (miscible in water)!
http://www.fluoride.org.uk/infodocs/f03.htm

(I'm assuming "miscible in water" means HIGHLY soluble - THOUSANDS of ppm -
correct me if I'm wrong - my chemistry knowledge is quite old.)

What is meant by "exotic" complexes from hydrofluorosilicic acid, as in,
"By definition, hydrofluorosilicic acid has 6 atoms of fluorine (H2SiF6). Of
these six atoms, it is sometimes assumed that all six will become simple
fluoride ions. However, there is no known published to demonstrate thsi
actually happens. In fact, the best available knowledge suggests that only
four of these atoms will become fluoride ions and the remaining two will
form more 'exotic' complexes (depending on the quality of water the compound
is mixed with)."
http://www.fluoride.org.uk/infodocs/f03.htm

Prof. Roger D. Masters of Dartmouth reportedly wrote in 2001 that EPA has NO
data on the "health and behavioral effects of fluorosilicic acid"...:
"Although some early studies showed differences between sodium fluoride and
sodium silicofluoride, to this day the substitution of silicofluorides in
public water treatment facilities has never been subjected to appropriate
animal or human testing. Recently, the Assistant Administrator of the EPA
admitted to Congress that his agency had no data on SiF toxicity and the
Chief of the Treatment Technology Evaluation Branch at the National Risk
Management Research Laboratory confirmed that the EPA has "no" data on the
'health and behavioral effects of fluosilicic acid'...Despite claims of
safety by oral health officials, laboratory research in Germany revealed
that silicofluorides do not dissociate completely and have important
biological effects. To follow up on this issue, we have compared children's
blood lead levels in communities using SiF treated water with communities
using sodium fluoride or with non-fluoridated water. In three separate
samples, totalling over 400,000 children, SiF treated municipal water is
ALWAYS significantly associated with increased blood lead levels in
children..."
http://www.fluorideaction.org/sf-masters.htm

Your humorous "response" alluded to the fact that Hannibal the Cannibal said
he dined on a fellow's liver with fava beans and a nice chianti...

Who knows but that hydrofluorosilicic acid causes liver damage.

At least one doctor thinks it does:

"In the liver, fluoride caused fatty deposition and the death of cells."
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/fluoride.html

Are we forcing children to drink "Hannibal the Cannibal" water?

Steve, why not at least mention in your FAQ that what is being put in our
water supplies - hydrofluorosilicic acid - may not be equivalent to what is
in toothpaste?

Why not link to:

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation

John Colquhoun, D.D.S., Ph.D.

Published in: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine Volume 41, page 29-44.
1997
http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html (via www.aquasafe.us)

Just a thought.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" wrote in message

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

Are well-meaning DENTISTS poisoning the water supply as well-meaning MDs
close birth canals? See the postscript...

PREGNANT WOMEN For instructions on how to open your birth canal an

"extra"
up to 30%, see the very end of ths post...

TOOTHPASTE can kill?

I like mine with fava beans and a fine chianti....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Steve
--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Steve the Dentist's fluoride FAQ:

At about 0.15%, or 1500 ppm, most fluoride toothpastes have a fluoride

concentration approximately 1500 times that of fluoridated water (this
presupposes an optimal concentration of 1 ppm, which is the target level of
fluoride in municipal water systems in temperate climates). This can make
the issue of whether a person normally drinks fluoridated water
statistically insignificant if he eats toothpaste!
The smaller size of a child's body produces a proportionately greater
physiologic effect from a drug dose when compared with that in the adult.
Consequently, as would be the case for any therapeutic substance or
medication administered to a young child, close supervision is in order when
he brushes with a fluoride toothpaste. The quantity of toothpaste used
should be limited to a very small amount.
Dental fluorosis, or aberrant enamel formation resulting from excessive
fluoride intake, manifests as yellow or brown intrinsic staining of the
teeth. It will only result if exposure to excessive fluoride occurs before
the age of five or six; after that, any significant staining will only occur
on the back teeth, if at all...Keep in mind that public water systems, if
fluoridated, will have the fluoride concentrations adjusted to an
appropriate level; if you are using "ground water" for drinking as you say,
it would be appropriate to test for bacterial and chemical impurities in
general, as well as fluoride levels in particular.
--Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com/ (Click on "Dental FAQ")

In 1971, former Aston University chemist Malcolm Harris investigated some
fluoride compounds and determined the following table of solubility
(solubility: "... a critical aspect of toxicity");-

Calcium fluoride natural Solubility = 16 ppm at 18șc and 17 ppm at
26șC
Sodium Fluoride artificial 42,200 ppm at 18șC
Sodium fluosilicate artificial 6,520 ppm at 17șC
Hydrofluorosilic acid artificial miscible liquid

It can be clearly seen that sodium-fluoride compounds are far more soluble
than calcium fluoride. Hydrofluorosilic acid (used to fluoridate water
supplies in the UK and [extensively] in the USA) is a "miscible" liquid. A
miscible liquid means something which can be mixed (in this instance, with
water).

By definition, hydrofluorosilic acid has 6 atoms of fluorine (H2SiF6). Of
these six atoms, it is sometimes assumed that all six will become simple
fluoride ions. However, there is no known published to demonstrate thsi
actually happens. In fact, the best available knowledge suggests that only
four of these atoms will become fluoride ions and the remaining two will
form more 'exotic' complexes (depending on the quality of water the compound
is mixed with).
http://www.fluoride.org.uk/infodocs/f03.htm

Incidentally, according to www.drkaslow.com, cited above: "Using a fluoride
toothpaste makes sense, but drinking water and children's multi-vitamins
with added fluoride (Poly-Vi-Flor, Tri-Vi-Flor, etc) doesn't."

EXCELLENT ARTICLE:

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation
John Colquhoun, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Published in: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine Volume 41, page 29-44.
1997
http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html (via www.aquasafe.us)

Also interesting (can this be true?)...

FLUORIDATION Mind Control of the Masses
by Ian E. Stephen
[Extracted from his self-published booklet "The Dickinson Statement: A
Mind-Boggling Thesis" published in NEXUS magazine August-September 1995
issue.]
http://www.whale.to/b/stephen.html

Mind control - or population control?

Naw - it's just a way for corporations to make a buck getting rid of waste
products of aluminum and phosphate fertilizer production...

Or is it?

With MDs getting away with closing birth canals up to 30%, why shouldn't
dentists get away with literally poisoning our water supplies?

See again:

Old April 20th 04, 03:04 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

[...]

No it's not. I've seen Dr. Strangelove.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY

Old April 20th 04, 09:23 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Dr. Strangelove and fluoridation (also: dental amalgam paternalism)

I said to Steve Bornfeld, DDS:

Your humorous "Hannibal the Cannibal" "response" trivializes fluoride
toxicity.

Is fluoride toxicity really that trivial?

Steve Bornfeld, DDS replied:

"No it's not. I've seen Dr. Strangelove."

Steve,

What about FLUORIDATION toxicity?

You state in your "Dental FAQ":

"[P]ublic water systems, if fluoridated, will have the fluoride
concentrations adjusted to an appropriate level..."
http://www.dentaltwins.com/ (Click on "Dental FAQ" then on "Toxic
Conspiracies FAQ")

You seem to be saying that the usual "appropriate level" of fluoridation is
safe...

Is FLUORIDATION toxicity trivial?

Sorry to repeat myself but...

Hydrofluorosilicic acid is what is generally used in water, yet you don't
even mention hydrofluorosilicic acid in your FAQ.
[...]

Who knows - maybe hydrofluorosilicic acid causes liver damage.

At least one doctor thinks it does:

"In the liver, fluoride caused fatty deposition and the death of cells."
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/fluoride.html

Are we forcing children to drink "Hannibal the Cannibal" water?

Steve, why not at least mention in your FAQ that what is being put in our
water supplies - hydrofluorosilicic acid - may not be equivalent to what is
in toothpaste?

Why not link to:

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation
by John Colquhoun, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Published in: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine Volume 41, page 29-44.
1997
http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html (via www.aquasafe.us)

DENTAL AMALGAM PATERNALISM...

Steve,

I see that in regard to MERCURY AMALGAM toxicity...

You use the old "Where did YOU go to dental school" gag:

"Beliefs, such as being 'anti-amalgam', are in the realm of theology (to be
charitable), and make truly dispassionate and impartial observation
impossible...[T]he dental profession at large...like it or not, is in a
better position to acquire and interpret the available epidemiologic data
than Rodale Press, or anyone else who has a deep emotional stake in
promulgating conspiracy theories...Don't be so quick to dismiss your dentist
as uninformed. He has spent many years training to be a dentist, and has
spent many years acquiring knowledge during his practice. It is also
mandated by law that he must continue formally educating himself with
courses and seminars in order to maintain his license. If new knowledge
relating to mercury toxicity is forthcoming, he will be the first to know;
his patients will be the next..."
http://www.dentaltwins.com/ (Click on "Dental FAQ" then on "Toxic
Conspiracies FAQ")

I say again, Steve...

In regard to FLUORIDATION...

You state in your "Dental FAQ":

"[P]ublic water systems, if fluoridated, will have the fluoride
concentrations adjusted to an appropriate level..."
http://www.dentaltwins.com/ (Click on "Dental FAQ" then on "Toxic
Conspiracies FAQ")

You infer in your FAQ that 1ppm fluoride in drinking water is safe.

How do you know that 1ppm fluoride is safe?

How do you know that 1ppm fluoride from *hydrofluorosilicic acid* is safe?

I think you should change your "Dental FAQ/Toxic Conspiracies FAQ" to
reflect the **FAQT** that we simply don't know that 1ppm fluoride is safe -
or "appropriate."

Why are we putting fluoride, a known poison, in our water supply?

Why not stick to promoting TOPICAL application of fluoride?

Why not give people a CHOICE as to whether they want fluoride in their
bodies?

Again quoting www.drkaslow.com, cited in "'Hannibal the Cannibal' water?":

Fluoride toothpaste makes sense, but drinking water and children's
multi-vitamins
with added fluoride (Poly-Vi-Flor, Tri-Vi-Flor, etc) doesn't."
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2482

And quoting Susan Stockton from my original fluoridation post:

about fluoride and fluoridation. Read them at www.aquasafe.us
-- Susan Stockton, Clearwater
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/03/16/Pa...ure_to_f.shtml

Again...

Hydrofluorosilicic acid is what is generally used in water, yet you don't
even mention hydrofluorosilicic acid in your FAQ.
http://www.dentaltwins.com/ (Click on "Dental FAQ")

Why not link to:

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation
by John Colquhoun, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Published in: Perspectives in Biology and Medicine Volume 41, page 29-44.
1997
http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html (via www.aquasafe.us)

Please change your fluoridation FAQ Steve.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Old April 20th 04, 10:29 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

(snip)

Please change your fluoridation FAQ Steve.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Dear Todd:

No.

Respectfully,
Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY

Old April 21st 04, 07:04 PM
Cathy Weeks

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message nk.net...

TOOTHPASTE can kill?

"A family-sized tube of fluoridated toothpaste (7 oz.)
contains enough fluoride
to kill a small child of up to 20 pounds
if the entire tube is consumed."
--Dr. John Yiamouyiannis, Fluoride the Aging Factor, Second Edition, Health
Action Press, 1986, p. 16.
http://www.aquasafe.us/20lbinfant.htm

Ah, a 20-pound kid eating a whole tube of toothpaste has got to be
really, really rare. It's also true, that if a kid drinks ammonia, or
bleach, or turpentine, it'll kill them, too.

My daughter (27 pounds) got ahold of the toothpaste, and ate some of
it (a dollop of the amount that they show on a toothbrush in
commercials for toothpaste - in reality too much for most people) . I
called poison control, and they told me that unless she ate a really
huge amount (which she hadn't) that the main concern is that she could
get a stomach ache. They advised us to give her some milk (evidently
the calcium helps prevent the stomach ache).

Needless to say, it's now out of her reach. Just like the booze, the
bleach, and the ammonia, all of which are FAR more likely to kill her
than toothpaste is.

Advising people to get rid of toothpaste because eating a whole tube
might kill a kid, is a bit like throwing the baby out with the
bathwater.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old April 21st 04, 09:02 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Cathy Weeks wrote:

[...]

I once read a book written in the 1930s called "100,000,000 Guinea Pigs" (I forget the author). It was apparently a
fairly well-known piece of muckraking reportage at the time. I remember the account of a German army officer during the
first world war who supposedly committed suicide by eating a tube of toothpaste.
Of course, the poison at the time was not fluoride. It was potassium chlorate, IIRC.
Well, they don't put some form of chlorine bleach in toothpaste anymore. However, the commercials do show them
covering the entire brush with paste, which can be a problem, esp. for young children who cannot rinse out too
efficiently. You should use only a small (pea-size or smaller) bit of toothpaste. Fluoridation levels in treated
municipal water supplies should be about 1 ppm. of fluoride. Toothpaste is about 1 part per thousand, so it isn't hard to
overdo the fluoride. Too much fluoride can cause mottling and discoloration of the enamel of the teeth forming at the time
of ingestion, so for all the hubbub about fluoride being a communist plot, it should be used sparingly.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY

toothpaste toypup General 3 May 15th 04 06:28 PM
Review: Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 April 17th 04 10:51 PM
Review: Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself (* 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 April 4th 04 09:13 PM
Review: Kill Bill: Volume 1 (** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 27th 03 07:08 AM
Is it illegal to kill the Ice Cream Man? Sonnie B. General 60 August 18th 03 11:01 PM